Amr meaning and origin
Amr means Order, Command, Old Arabic Name, The Generous One or Long Life is predominantly used in Hindi, Tamil and Arabic and of Arabic origin is a baby boy name . Amr is derivative of Ammar. Ammar is variant form of illustrous Amar. Ammar is form of The Arabic Name عمّار Meaning Virtuous, Pious in Latin language. Meaning of Ammar is The Maker, Who Uses His Life At Prayer and Religious Person is of Arabic and Sanskrit origin.Names that rhyme with Amr
Popularity of Amr
Amr is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1974 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 2007, it ranked 2365th when 54 boy were named Amr. Over 844 people have been named Amr in United States. Amr is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 167 babies that have been given the name Amr in England and Wales.
Amr is a rare baby name in France where it may not be used now. However things change on global perspective, Amr is extremely popular in Egypt where every 1 in 90 have the name as well as in Saudi Arabia. Also the baby name is popular in Sudan and Yemen. According to our evaluation, over 1330000 babies have been named Amr globally.
Amr in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Amr
Sometimes, you act like a control freak. Variety helps in every person's personal and professional growth. You don't brag with your success and tend to keep a low profile. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. You are influential and use your influence to do great things. You think a lot and it makes you sick sometimes. And you are respected for living according to your own rules.
Do you like Amr? Read these names too
- Magda - Unfamiliar and Ever lasting girl name Magda means "High Tower, Maiden or One who is Elevated" and came from Hebrew is used notably in Arabic, Czech and English
- Aighar - Girl name Aighar is commonly used in Arabic and Sindhi, meaning of Aighar is "Righteous Woman or She was a Religious"
- Akal - Boy name Akal is commonly used in Arabic and Punjabi, meaning of Akal is "Timeless, Undying or Supreme Being"
- Uhban - Used in Sindhi and Arabic, Uhban is used as a baby boy name, Uhban means "Companion of the Prophet PBUH had this Name or Ibn Aws Al-aslani RA"
- Mehaboob - Boy name Mehaboob is prevalently used in Gujarati and Arabic, Mehaboob means "Beloved"
Namesakes of Amr
- Amr ibn Hishām,
- Amr ibn Kulthum,
- Amr ibn al-Layth, second ruler of the Saffarid dynasty of Iran
- Amr ibn Ya'qub, Saffarid amir of Sistan for slightly over a year
- Amr Diab, Egyptian vocalist and writer
- Amr Moussa, Egyptian politician and diplomat
- Amr Khaled, Egyptian Muslim activist and television preacher
- Amr Shabana, former professional squash player from Egypt
- Amr Zaki, retired Egyptian footballer
- Amr ibn Ubayd, was one of the earliest leaders
- Amr Al-Dabbagh, Saudi businessman, philanthropist
- Amr Aly, retired American soccer forward
- Amr Samaka, football biography
- Amrita Mahal in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani as Production Designer
- Amrita Raichand in Detective Naani as Actress
- Amr Ossama acted in movie Khetet Jimmy
- In 2005, Amr Abdulgalil played the role of Officer in action and drama flick Dam el ghazal.
- In 2016, Amr Saad played the role of Sheikh Hatem El Shennawi in drama, mystery flick Mawlana.
- In 2011, Amr Waked portrayed the role of Sheikh Muhammed in comedy and drama movie Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
- In 2008, Amr Mamdouh characterized the role of N in drama flick Ehna Etaabelna abl keda.