Anastasija meaning and origin
The infrequent girl name Anastasija means "Resurrection" has its roots in Old Greek is used in Latvian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish. Anastasija is version of eternal and acclaimed Anastasia. Anastasia is a feminine variation of Anastasius. Of Old Greek origin, Rare Anastasia, Anastasia means "Resurrection and Surrender".
Variants of AnastasijaNames that rhyme with Anastasija
Popularity of Anastasija
Anastasija is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 185 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Anastasija. Over 402 babies in Switzerland have been named Anastasija. The name is an uncommon baby name in United States, in use since 2000, peaked in 2018 when it ranked 7344th. There are over 150 babies that have been given the name Anastasija in United States. Also, it is uncommon in England and Wales, where it has been in use since 2006 and peaked in 2011 when it ranked 1807th. There are over 108 babies that have been given the name Anastasija in England and Wales. In Ireland, it is relatively new, first appeared in 2004. It also recently appeared in France baby girl names chart.
But Anastasija is a popular baby name in Latvia where every 1 in 300 have the name. As per our research, over 10000 babies have been bestowed Anastasija around the globe.
Anastasija in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Anastasija
You are smart but prefer to play dumb to get things. Letter A at the end of your name foreshadows your high ambition to become someone in life. You are independent and capable to provide for you and your family. You are a seducer who doesn't care about true love but deep inside, you die to find someone who will teach you what true love looks like. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship.
Do you like Anastasija? Read these names too
- Melantha means Black Flower is notably used in Greek and is rooted from Old Greek is a girl name
- Axelia - Meaning of Axelia is Father of Peace, Father and Peace and (God The) Father is Peace is particulary used in Finnish and Swedish. It is rooted from Old Greek and Hebrew is used for baby girls. Axelia is effeminate variation of Axel.
- Doritha means Gift and Gift and God is a baby girl name, used specifically in Swedish and Finnish is originated from Old Greek. Doritha is derivative of Dorothy.
- Katrina - Eternal and Loved Katrina substantially is used in Faroese and Gujarati, meaning of Katrina is "Virginal or Form of Katherine" which came from Old Greek is given to both boys and girls
- Ägid - The boy name Ägid is originated from Old Greek, Ägid means "Aigis or Shield-Bearer" is especially used in German language
Namesakes of Anastasija
- Anastasija Grigorjeva, Latvian sportsman who is competing in freestyle wrestling and won a bronze medal at the 2014 World Wrestling Championships and five medals at the European Wrestling Championships between the years 2010 and 2016.