Andrija name meaning
On This Page
What does Andrija mean?
The boy name Andrija is of Old Greek origin is commonly used in Slavic. Andrija is form of commonly accepted, persistent and biblical Andrew. Also Andrew is English cognate of Andreas. Originated from Old Greek, Andrew, Andrew means "Manly, The Brave and The Manly".
How about the name Andrija for a baby?
Andrija is a unique and strong baby boy name with Greek origins, which means man or warrior. It has a distinct sound that stands out from other names, making it a great choice for parents looking for something different.
The name Andrija can also symbolize power and bravery, providing an inspiring name for parents who want their child to embody these qualities.
How do I pronounce Andrija?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Andrija is a-ndri-ja. Some people pronounce it as an(d)-rija.
Variants of Andrija
How popular is the name Andrija?
Andrija is an uncommon baby name in France where it is still in use. Also, it is among the top 600 boy names in Switzerland. Over 134 babies in Switzerland have been named Andrija.
But Andrija is a popular baby name in Croatia where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in Serbia. According to our estimate, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Andrija around the globe.
Andrija in Nordic countries
Numerological analysis of Andrija
You are daring and courageous. It's far better than righting wrongs that can't be undone or fixed. Your intellectual mind is always generating new creative ideas. You are interested in learning new and exciting things. The letter A as your capstone reveals how you look at life and people in general. Try to be more compassionate and humane. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes.
Looking for a name like Andrija? Please go through the following names
- Ljiljana - Rarefied Old English and Latin Ljiljana is dominantly used in Slavic, meaning of Ljiljana is "Lily" is used for girls
- Kristijan - The infrequent and modern boy name Kristijan means "Disciple of Christ, Christian or Christian Woman". It is rooted from Latin is particulary used in Slavic
- Boleslava is originated from Old Slavic bestowed upon girls, Boleslava means "Great Glory" is commonly used in Slavic
- Dubravka - The girl name Dubravka is originated from Slavonic, Dubravka means "The Word Dubrava Which is of the Meaning Oak Grove" is used mainly in Slavic
- Bronja - The Bronja means "Fighting or Glory" is mainly used in Slavic
Sibling Names for Andrija
Andrija is a beautiful name that originates from Serbia and Croatia, meaning "manly" or "brave." If you are looking for sibling names to complement Andrija, we have curated a list of options that share similar origins or meanings. These names will make a perfect addition to your family and create a unique bond between siblings.
Sister to Andrija
For a brother
Famous people named Andrija
- Andrija Mutafelija, Croatian footballer and an important figure
- Andrija Lompar, Montenegrin politician and the current Minister of Maritime Affairs
- Andrija Mohorovičić, Croatian meteorologist and seismologist
- Andrija Štampar, distinguished scholar
- Andrija Maurović, renowned comic book author
- Andrija Artuković, Croatian lawyer, politician
- Andrija Delibašić, Montenegrin retired footballer
- Andrija Kačić Miošić, Croatian poet and Franciscan friar
- Andrija Puharich, medical and parapsychological researcher
- Andrija Zmajević, Venetian Baroque poet and ethnic Serb
- Andrija Ljudevit Adamić, Italian-Austrian trader
- Andrija Paltašić, Venetian printer and publisher
- Andrija Anković, Croatian footballer and manager
- Andrija Kaluđerović, Serbian professional footballer
- Andrija Žižić, Croatian former professional basketball player
Lists having Andrija
- Boy names beginning with A
- Greek Boy Names
- Slavic Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Manly
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Man