Anastasia name meaning
What does Anastasia mean?
Unfading and Widespread Anastasia is used dominantly in Russian, German, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, English, Greek and Faroese, Anastasia means "Resurrection, Surrender or Risen One" is came from Old Greek is used as a gender insensitive name . Anastasia is feminine form of Anastasius. Anastasius is Latin form of Anastas. Also Anastasius is Latin form of The Greek Name Αναστασιος Meaning Resurrection. Of Old Greek origin, Well-Liked and Perennial Anastasius, Anastasius means "Resurrection and Risen One". It is celebrated on March 10th.
How do I pronounce Anastasia?
The four syllabled name Anastasia is pronounced, ann-ah-stay-zee-ah. It can also be pronounced as ann-ah-stayz-ah or ah-nuh-stay-zhuh.
Variants of Anastasia
Nicknames for Anastasia
The name Anastasia has plenty of nicknames like:Names that rhyme with Anastasia
How popular is the name Anastasia?
a popular name in United States with over 44516 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Recently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 148th spot and 1880 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 42 times A common name in England and Wales having over 3546 recievers in 23 years of usage. Currently at its peak, it ranked 156th when 339 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Anastasia is a common name in France given to over 6875 babies in 74 years. The moniker is At present ascending on the charts, in 1989, it ranked 197th when 301 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Anastasia is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 92 on girl names chart when 69 babies were given the name Anastasia. There are over 932 babies that have been given the name Anastasia in Switzerland. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2018, 62 babies were given Anastasia and it reached its peak ranking, 164 on girl names chart. Over 645 people have been named Anastasia in Belgium. Also, in Victoria, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2017, 59 babies were given Anastasia and it reached its peak ranking, 94 on girl names chart.
Anastasia is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 127 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Anastasia. Over 586 babies in Ireland have been named Anastasia. The first name is a rare baby name in Victoria however it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Anastasia is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Greece. Also the baby name is popular in Kazakhstan, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Indonesia, Turkmenistan, Moldova, Ghana, Tajikistan, Germany and Mexico. According to our estimate, over 1290000 babies have been named Anastasia globally.
Anastasia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Anastasia
You believe in yourself, something we don't see much in people today. Letter A at the end of your name foreshadows your high ambition to become someone in life. You love life and life loves you. You are innovative and like to plan but enjoy when spontaneity kicks in. Having letter A as your capstone reveals how you look at life and other people. You would never cheat on your partner because you believe that only people who're mentally weak can commit that.
Do you like Anastasia? Read these names too
- Sophronia - Persistent and Admired Sophronia is used majorly in English is a girl name. It is rooted from Old Greek, Sophronia means "Wise or Sensible"
- Margreet - Notably used in Dutch far-out, Margreet means "Name of a Saint and The Pearl" and is used for baby girls came from Old Greek. Margreet is resulted from Margaret.
- Grégor - The Grégor means "To Watch" has its origin in Greek
- Christof - Curious boy name Christof is used majorly in Danish and English, Christof means "He who Holds Christ in his Heart, Carrying Christ or Carrier of Christ" is of Old Greek, Russian and German origin
- Aritha - Far-out Aritha is used majorly in Swedish, Danish and Telugu, Aritha means "Laxmi", a girl name is of Old Greek origin
Middle names for Anastasia
Complement Anastasia with any of the snowballing and contemporary middle names assembled below.
View more middle names that goes with Anastasia.
Sibling Names for Anastasia
If you're searching for the perfect sibling name to pair with Anastasia, then look no further! We've compiled a list of charming and adorable names that would perfectly complement Anastasia's elegance and grace, while also reflecting your family's unique style and personality. Here are some fantastic sibling names to consider for your little ones.
Sister for Anastasia
Brother to Anastasia
Famous people named Anastasia
- Anastasia of Sirmium, Christian saint and martyr
- Anastasia Kelesidou, retired Greek discus thrower best
- Anastasia Skultan, Russian curler from Moscow
- Anastasia the Patrician, Byzantine courtier and Saint
- Anastasia Nabokina, Russian ballerina born on 14 February 1971
- Anastasia Eristavi-Khoshtaria, Georgian woman novelist
- Anastasia Oberstolz-Antonova, Soviet/Russian-born
- Anastasia, French illuminator of manuscripts
- Anastasia Myskina, former professional tennis player
- Anastasia Romanovna, first spouse of the Russian Tsar Ivan the Terrible and the first Russian Tsaritsa
- Anastasia de Torby, elder daughter of Grand Duke Michael Mikhailovich of Russia
- Anastasia Volochkova, Russian prima ballerina
- Anastasia Dobromyslova, professional darts player
- Anastasia Perraki, Greek model
- Anastasia Zampounidis, Greek-German TV host
- Anastasia Gimazetdinova, Uzbekistani former competitive figure skater
- Anastasia Kostaki, Greek professional basketball player playing for Panathinaikos
- Anastasia Rodionova, Russian-born Australian professional tennis player
- Anastasia Horne, former American actress and singer
- Anastasia M. Ashman, American author and cultural producer
- Anastasia Baranova, Russian American actress
- Anastasia Platonova, Russian former competitive ice dancer
- Anastasia Grebenkina, former competitive ice dancer
- Anastasia Hendrikova, lady
- Anastasia Gorshkova, Russian former competitive ice dancer
- Anastasia Filatova, Russian wife of the Mongolian leader Yumjaagiin Tsedenbal
- Anastasia and Tatiana Dogaru, are craniopagus conjoined twins
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Russian tennis player
- Anastasia Fontaines in Mr. PolishMan as Actress
- Anastasia Parsons in Rise of the Sea Urchins as Actress
- Anastasia Summers in In Her Shoes as Actress
- Anastasia Prystay in Partisan as Actress
- Anastasia Esper in The Promotion as Actress
- Anastasia Draka in Brousko as Actress
- Anastasia Pekhtereva in Injustice as Actress
- Anastasia Nguyen in 40 Sundays as Actress
- Anastasia Acosta Loria Born April 24, 1975 is an actress and model Costa Rican.
- Anastasia Alexander in movie Cyber Seeker as Actress
- Anastasia Coon, from 1992 movie Sing Your Life, who portrayed N.
- Anastasia Filippova portrayed vital character of Yekaterina Filippova in 1960 drama flick Spasennoe pokolenie.
- Anastasia Mateshko, from 2019 adventure and family movie Foxter & Max, who characterized the Mother.
- In 1970, Anastasia Stevens portrayed the role of Bridget Pitman In movie Un estate con sentimento.
- Anastasia Urozhaeva portrayed the role of Emma in mystery movie The Complicated Man.
- Anastasia Pozhidaeva, from 1992 action flick Gradus chyornoy Luny, who portrayed the N.
- Anastasia Zurkalova, from 2006 drama film Avrora, who portrayed Aurora.
- Anastasia Florou played leading character of N in 2009 flick Lucky Chance.
Lists having Anastasia
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -asia
- Girl names that starts with Ana
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2004)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2017)
- Baby Names that mean Resurrection
- Baby Names that mean Risen
- Baby Names that mean One