Katrina name meaning
On This Page
What does Katrina mean?
Dominant and Conifer Old Greek Katrina means "The Pure, Torture or Variant of Katherine Pure" used for both boys and girls is used prevalently in Danish, Greenlandic, Oriya, Finnish, Marathi, Swedish, Kannada, English, Faroese, Telugu, German, Malayalam, Norwegian, Gujarati, Tamil, Hindi and Bengali.
Katrina is variant of well-known, virtuous and imperishable Katharina. Katharina is variant of eminent Karine. Katharina is derivative of Catherine. Katharina means Each of the Two, Far Off and Hundred has origin in Old Greek.
Katrina is celebrated on 25th of November or the 29th of April.
How Katrina is perceived as a baby name?
Katrina is widely perceived as a beautiful and elegant baby girl name. Its origin stems from the Greek language, meaning "pure." The name became popularized in English-speaking cultures during the 19th century and has since remained a timeless classic.
Parents often choose this name for their little girls because of its simplicity and gracefulness. Additionally, it also has various nicknames such as Kat, Katie, or Trina - providing parents with more options to personalize their child's name.
Overall, Katrina is cherished by many as it symbolizes purity, beauty, and innocence - traits that many parents wish to bestow upon their daughters.
How do I pronounce Katrina?
The two syllabled name Katrina is commonly pronounced as k(a)-tri-na. The name can also be pronounced as kat-rina.
Variants of KatrinaNames that rhyme with Katrina
How popular is the name Katrina?
Katrina was a popular name in United States. Over 100842 babies have been named Katrina since 1895. At the peak of its usage in 1982, it ranked 87th when 3398 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 142 years. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 6 times In England and Wales, Katrina was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 2125 babies.
When at its peak in 1996,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In New South Wales, Katrina was once a common name since emerging in 1962 it has been given to over 5628 babies.
At its zenith in 1981,. After 31 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Queensland, Katrina was once a common name since emerging in 1961 it has been given to over 3444 babies.
When at its peak in 1978,. After 33 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Katrina is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 1978, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 172 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Katrina. Over 594 people have been named Katrina in Ireland. Katrina is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1950 but could not make beyond the top 2000.
There are over 158 babies that have been given the name Katrina in France.
But Katrina is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in, England, South Africa, Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Namibia and Russia.
As per our estimate, over 250000 babies have been bestowed Katrina around the globe.
Katrina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Katrina
You are a good listener but give the worst advice. You can't stand people without a purpose. You don't have a lot of friends because of it. To have letter A as your capstone reflects your consistency and credibility. You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world. You think a lot and it makes you sick sometimes. What fulfills your soul is your professional success. When going through an emotional breakdown, it takes you longer than other people to get back on track.
Go through the following names similar to Katrina
- Sharmaine - Meaning of Sharmaine is Joy and Bright Red is used as a unisex name. Its origin is in Old Greek and English is largely used in English. Sharmaine is variant transcription of Charmaine.
- Cindia - Infrequent girl name Cindia means "Moon or Way" that originated from Old Greek and German is principally used in English
- Karianne - Uncustomary Karianne is used particulary in Dutch and Swedish generally aimed at girls, Karianne means "Abbreviation of Katherine, Pure or God is Merciful" is of Old Greek and English-American origin
- Steev - The Steev means "Crowning" has origin in Greek
- Kerron - Infrequent unisex name Kerron means "Dear and Pure" is of Old Greek origin. Kerron is a derivation of Karen.
Middle names for Katrina
These popular and familiar middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Katrina .
View more middle names that goes with Katrina.
Famous people named Katrina
- Katrina Leung, former high value Federal Bureau of Investigation informant and PRC Ministry of State Security agent who
- Katrina Rose Dideriksen, actress originally from North Carolina
- Katrina Trask, American author and philanthropist
- Katrina Legarda, prominent Filipino lawyer
- Katrina and the Waves, British-American rock band best
- Katrina Leskanich, international hit in 1985 and
- Katrina Price, American basketball player
- Katrina Elam, American country music singer and songwriter
- Katrina vanden Heuvel, American editor and publisher
- Katrina Johnson, American actress
- Katrina Warren, Australian veterinarian
- Katrina Holden Bronson, American film director, screenwriter and actress
- Katrina Halili, Filipina actress
- Katrina Devine, New Zealand actress
- Katrina Bowden, American actress best
- Katrina McClain Johnson, retired American basketball player
- Katrina Hodgkinson, member of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly
- Katrina Shanks, list member of parliament for the National Party
- Katrina Swett, President of the Lantos Foundation for Human Rights and Justice
- Katrina Powell, field hockey player from Australia,
- Katrina Kaif, English actress who works in Hindi films
Lists having Katrina
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -rina
- Girl names that starts with Kat
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1986)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1992)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1993)
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Torture
- Baby Names that mean Katherine
- Baby Names that mean Virginal
- Baby Names that mean Holy