Beatrice name meaning
On This Page
What does Beatrice mean?
Beatrice means Blessed, Bringer of Joy, Voyager through Life, She who Blesses, Traveller, Pilgrim or Auspicious is a gender-neutral name commonly used in Finnish, Swedish, Italian, French, Norwegian, Danish, English and German came from Latin.
Also Beatrice is equivalent of Beatrix in Italian, German and French languages. Also Beatrice is equivalent of Béatrice in Nordic language.
How do I pronounce Beatrice?
The most common way to pronounce three syllabled Beatrice is be(a)-tri-ce. beat-rice or bee-uh-tris are another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Beatrice
Nicknames for Beatrice
Mountain of nicknames available for the baby name Beatrice include:Names that rhyme with Beatrice
How popular is the name Beatrice?
Beatrice was a very popular name in United States. Over 191814 babies have been named Beatrice since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1910, it ranked 36th when 5968 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 190 years but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 24 times Also, Beatrice is a popular in England and Wales where over 8411 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
At present the name is rising, in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 80th spot and 685 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 6 times Also, a popular name in Italy with over 51803 new-borns have been given the name since 1999.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 9th spot and 3030 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times
Beatrice is a familiar baby name in Sweden during its short run, it been to the top 100 names.
In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 92 on girl names chart when 94 babies were given the name Beatrice. Over 252 babies in Sweden have been named Beatrice.
The name is a unique baby name in France, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 2000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 1428th when 27 girls were named Beatrice.
Over 178 people have been named Beatrice in France.
Beatrice is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, although it has been in use since 1964 but could not make beyond the top 300.
Over 412 babies in Ireland have been named Beatrice. During its 21 years of usage in Switzerland, it had made up to just the top 400 girl names. Over 283 people have been named Beatrice in Switzerland.
Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 2000 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 599th. There are over 115 babies that have been given the name Beatrice in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Beatrice is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania.
Also the baby name is popular in Ghana, Zambia, Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, Chad, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Benin, South Africa, Liberia, England, Haiti, Sudan, Zimbabwe, Romania, Germany, Guinea, Madagascar, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso and Canada.
According to our findings, at least 1850000 people have been bestowed Beatrice around the globe.
Beatrice in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Beatrice?
You dream of living in a more humane society. You take things too seriously and it makes you nervous when something doesn't go as planned. You are the most sensitive person but prefer to keep it secret so you don't give people a chance to take advantage of you. Once you relax and start talking, you never stop. If you notice someone being superficial, you walk away. Reason behind your depressive episodes that occur occasionally is being way too sensitive.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Beatrice
- Levia - New Levia is used specifically in Hebrew and English is rooted from Latin and Hebrew is used as a baby girl name. Levia is Hebrew equivalent of Livia. Also Levia is Hebrew cognate of Liviya
- Valeria - Dominantly used in Norwegian and Danish durable and darling, Valeria is used as a gender-neutral name, meaning of Valeria is "Healthy Strong, The Word Valere Which is of the Meaning Be Healthy Be Strong or The Healthy" came from Latin
- Janan - Uncommon unisex name Janan is originated from Latin and is used in Arabic and Tamil languages, Janan means "Soul or Heart"
- Lilla - Origin of Frequently Used and Conifer Lilla is in English and Sanskrit, meaning of Lilla is "Purity or Beauty" and is majorly used in Swedish, Norwegian and Danish is used as a gender insensitive name
- Vikki - Originated from Latin, Prominent Vikki is a unisex name, Vikki means "Conqueror, Victorious or Diminutive of Victoria" is used prevalently in Danish and Swedish
Sibling Names for Beatrice
Looking for sibling names that complement the classic elegance of the name Beatrice? Look no further than this list of options that features monikers ranging from traditional to modern, all with a similar timeless charm. Whether you're expecting another girl or welcoming a baby boy into the family, these sibling names are sure to inspire you.
Sister for Beatrice
For a brother
Famous people named Beatrice
- Beatrice of Burgundy, Lady of Bourbon, ruling Lady of Bourbon
- Beatrice Chase, pen name for a British writer known during the first half of the 20th century for her Dartmoor-based novels
- Beatrice Kyle, world-famous American high diver
- Beatrice Cenci, young Roman noblewoman who murdered her father
- Beatrice Lanza, triathlete
- Beatrice Hammer, French writer
- Beatrice Herford, American actress
- Beatrice Sparks, American therapist and Mormon youth counselor
- Beatrice Rancea, Romanian stage director
- Beatrice of Ornacieux, Carthusian nun
- Beatrice of Nazareth, Flemish Cistercian nun
- Beatrice of Lorraine, stateswoman and marchioness of Tuscany by marriage to Boniface III of Tuscany
- Beatrice Hill-Lowe, Irish archer who represented Britain
- Beatrice Carmichael, was Edmonton's Grand Dame of the opera
- Beatrice Were, Ugandan AIDS activist
- Beatrice of Silva, noblewoman of Portugal
- Beatrice Jepchumba, Kenyan runner
- Beatrice of Rethel, French noblewoman and the third Queen consort of the King Roger II of Sicily
- Beatrice Faust, Australian author and women's activist
- Beatrice Schenk de Regniers, American writer of children's picture books
- Beatrice Serota, Baroness Serota, British Government minister and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords
- Beatrice Plummer, Baroness Plummer, British peeress
- Beatrice Gormley, American children's writer
- Beatrice Ensor, wef-international
- Beatrice Seear, Baroness Seear, British social scientist and politician
- Beatrice of Savoy, Lady of Villena, daughter of Amadeus IV the Count of Savoy and his second wife
- Beatrice Tinsley, British-born New Zealand astronomer and cosmologist whose research made fundamental contributions to the astronomical understanding of how galaxies evolve
- Beatrice Wood, American artist and studio potter involved in the Avant Garde movement
- Beatrice Webb, English sociologist, economist, socialist
- Beatrice of Portugal, only surviving legitimate child of King Ferdinand I of Portugal and his wife
- Beatrice Portinari,
- Beatrice Lillie, Canadian-born British actress
- Beatrice Faumuina, former New Zealand discus thrower
- Beatrice Straight, American theatre
- Beatrice of Portugal, Duchess of Savoy, ; ) was Duchess of Savoy by marriage to Charles III
- Beatrice I, Countess of Burgundy, Sovereign Countess of Burgundy
- Beatrice, Hungarian rock band founded by Feró Nagy
- Beatrice d'Este,
- Beatrice Utondu, former sprinter from Nigeria
- Beatrice Hicks, American engineer
- Beatrice Ask, Swedish politician and a member of the Moderate Party
- Beatrice of England, member of the House of Plantagenet
- Beatrice Kay, American singer, vaudevillian
- Beatrice Winde, American actress
- Beatrice Warde, twentieth century writer and scholar of typography
- Beatrice of Castile, infanta of Castile
- Beatrice of Savoy, daughter of Thomas I of Savoy and Margaret of Geneva
- Beatrice Câșlaru, former medley swimmer from Romania,
- Beatrice Wright, American-born British politician
- Beatrice Van, American silent film actress
- Beatrice Trew, was born on December 4, 1897, in Coates Mills
Lists having Beatrice
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ice
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1934)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2000)
- Baby Names that mean Blessed
- Baby Names that mean Bringer
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Life
- Baby Names that mean Traveller
- Baby Names that mean Pilgrim
- Baby Names that mean Auspicious