Denyse meaning and origin
Majorly used in English rarefied, Denyse means "God of the Vine" which came from Old Greek and Greek is used for girls. Denyse is form of perpetual, customary and sacred Denise. Denise is feminine variant of Dennis. Denise is French cognate of Denis. Denise means To Advise and Feminine of Dennis is originated from Old Greek. It is celebrated on May 15.
Variants of Denyse
View middle names that goes with Denyse like Odra,Names that rhyme with Denyse
Popularity of Denyse
Denyse is a familiar baby name in France, it had been in use since 1901 and was last seen in 1964, during its 59 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1921, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 245 on girl names chart when 61 babies were given the name Denyse. Over 1424 people have been named Denyse in France. Denyse is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1927 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1956, it ranked 1616th when 43 girls were named Denyse. Over 1329 babies in United States have been named Denyse.
But Denyse is a popular baby name in Rwanda where every 1 in 600 have the name. According to our findings, over 20000 babies have been named Denyse globally.
Denyse in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Denyse
You don't depend on anyone's understanding and support. Sometimes you are stubborn and it helps you with your career. Disloyalty, dishonesty, and betrayal are things that you can't stand because you are an honest and reliable person. You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way. Sometimes, you act like a control freak. You can be pretty stubborn sometimes, however, you always make your point.
Go through the following names similar to Denyse
- Calogero - The curious boy name Calogero is used predominantly in Italian, Calogero means "Beautiful Elder, Strong or Good Old Age" has its origin in German and Old Greek
- Lex - Unfading and Desirable Lex principally is used in Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish, meaning of Lex is "Warrior, Defender of Men or Protector" and a unisex name is originated from Old Greek
- Estevan - Ever lasting and Noteworthy unisex name Estevan means "The Crowned or Crowning" and rooted from Old Greek is used in English
- Theoda - Offbeat unisex name Theoda means "God, People or Old High German" is majorly used in English, German and Greek
- Aelius - Used largely in Swedish, Aelius used for boys is of Greek origin. Aelius is Roman equivalent of Greek ‘Ηλιος = Sun
Namesakes of Denyse
- Denyse Julien, female badminton player
- Denyse Plummer, calypso singer from Trinidad & Tobago
- Denyse Alexander in Goodnight, Mister Tom as Actress
- Denyse Tontz in The Last Day of Summer as Actress
- Denyse Benoît is writer of movie North Station