Denis name meaning
What does Denis mean?
Used mostly in Finnish, Swedish, Irish, Greenlandic, Danish, Norwegian, Russian, English and French long standing and prominent, Denis has its origin in Old Greek, Denis means "Named for Saint Denys, Follower of Dionysius, Greek God of Wine, Mountain of Zeus, Dedicated to Dionysos, God of the Vine or Of the God Dionysus Devotees" is a gender insensitive name . Denis is a variant of venerable, saintly and famous Dennis. Dennis is variation of virtuous and cherished Denis. Dennis is form of Denis in English language. Also Dennis is form of Dionysius in English language. Acclaimed and Conifer Dennis came from Old Greek, meaning of Dennis is "Named for Saint Denys and Follower of Dionysius". Also Denis is form of Dionysius in French language. Denis is celebrated on October 9th.
How Denis is perceived as a baby name?
Denis is a popular baby boy name that has been used for centuries. What makes this name stand out are its unique phonetics that roll off the tongue with ease. It has a strong and confident sound, which makes it an excellent choice for parents who want their son to exude strength and power. Furthermore, Denis has been popularized by famous people throughout history, including Saint Denis of Paris and the renowned French painter Denis Diderot. With its roots in French culture, this name also brings a touch of sophistication to any child's identity. Overall, if you're looking for an impactful and timeless baby boy name with a hint of elegance, then Denis is definitely worth considering.
How do I pronounce Denis?
The two syllabled name Denis is commonly pronounced as deh-nee.
Variants of Denis
Dionysios, Dionysius, Dennis, Dainis, Dionys, DionNames that rhyme with Denis
How popular is the name Denis?
Denis was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 20818 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 1952, the moniker grabbed the 277th spot and 618 baby boys were given the name. However after 203 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 34 times Also, a very popular name in France with over 152882 new-borns have been given the name since 1900. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1963, it ranked 21st when 6154 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 39 times
A common name in England and Wales having over 1681 recievers in 23 years of usage. At the peak of its usage in 2018, it ranked 266th when 193 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Denis was a common name in Ireland. Over 6963 babies have been named Denis since 1964. When at the peak of its usage in 1964,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Denis used to be a common name in Spain, first appeared in 2004 and over 218 babies have been given the name in 1 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2004,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Denis used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1952 and over 353 babies have been given the name in 4 years. At its zenith in 1953,. After 4 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Denis is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 89 on boy names chart when 89 babies were given the name Denis. Over 1226 babies in Switzerland have been named Denis. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 179 on boy names chart when 67 babies were given the name Denis. Over 858 people have been named Denis in Belgium.
Denis is a rare baby name in Spain there is very thin chances of it still being given since it isn't seen since 2004. Over 218 babies in Spain have been named Denis. However things change on global perspective, Denis is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Uganda, Belarus and Kenya. Also the baby name is popular in Ukraine, Canada, Uzbekistan, Tanzania, DR Congo, Kazakhstan, Brazil, Colombia, Cameroon, England, Honduras, Romania, Nicaragua, Turkmenistan, Nigeria, Chad, Sudan, Mozambique, Burundi, Madagascar, Benin, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Germany, Indonesia, Peru, Croatia, Venezuela, Burkina Faso, Moldova, Tajikistan, Malawi, Ivory Coast, Australia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Togo, Congo, Mexico, India and Transnistria. At least, 3160000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Numerological analysis of Denis
Every challenge is there to sharpen your focus and improve your survival skills. Sometimes you are stubborn and it helps you with your career. Open up if you want to take relationships to the next level and establish a better connection with people. Skin touch makes you nervous because you feel it so deeply that it makes you tremble. You are known by your elegant style because you spend a lot of time on buying clothes and keep up with fashion.
If you like Denis, you would love these names
- Catrina - Used in Italian, Danish and Finnish frequently used, Catrina came from Old Greek is a baby girl name, Catrina means "The Pure"
- Cynamon - Meaning of Cynamon is Reddish-Brown Spice is a girl name came from Old Greek. Cynamon is resulted from Cinnamon.
- Cintia - Uncommon girl name Cintia has origin in Old Greek which is specifically used in Finnish, Spanish and Danish languages, Cintia means "Woman from the Mountain Kynthos on Delos Island"
- Ecaterina - Of Old Greek origin, Anomalous Ecaterina is mainly used in Norwegian and Romanian, Ecaterina means "Pure" is a baby girl name
- Arien - Of Old Greek origin, Unorthodox Arien is commonly used in English and is bestowed upon both boys and girls, Arien means "Pledge or Man"
Sibling Names for Denis
If you have chosen the name "Denis" for your baby boy and are on the hunt for sibling names that complement this unique moniker, look no further. Here are some suggestions that will help you find the perfect match for your new addition to the family.
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Denis
- Denis Gaultier, French lutenist and composer
- Denis Quilley, English actor
- Denis Devlin, was, along with Samuel Beckett and Brian Coffey
- Denis Follows, British sports administrator
- Denis McCullough, prominent Irish nationalist political activist
- Denis the Carthusian, Roman Catholic theologian and mystic
- Denis Jean Achille Luchaire, French historian
- Denis ApIvor, British composer
- Denis Napthine, former Australian politician
- Denis Rocan, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Denis Johnston, Irish writer
- Denis Gallagher, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Denis Wood, artist, author
- Denis Michael Rohan, Christian Australian citizen who
- Denis Vrain-Lucas, French forger
- Denis Wick, British influential orchestral trombonist
- Denis O'Conor, Irish nobleman
- Denis Maurice O'Conor, Irish politician
- Denis Lambin, French classical scholar
- Denis Donoghue, Irish literary critic
- Denis McQuail, British communication theorist
- Denis Latin, Croatian television host
- Denis Richards, British historian
- Denis Hurley, South African Roman Catholic Vicar Apostolic of Natal and Bishop
- Denis O'Leary, was born in Manhasset, Long Island, New York
- Denis Weaire, Irish physicist and an emeritus professor of Trinity College
- Denis Lamoureux, holds a professorial chair of science and religion at St
- Denis Guedj, French novelist and a professor of the History of Science at Paris VIII University
- Denis Pétau, French Jesuit theologian
- Denis Pitts, journalist, film-maker and novelist
- Denis O'Regan, English rock photographer
- Denis Fonvizin, playwright of the Russian Enlightenment
- Denis de Sallo, French writer and lawyer
- Denis Ranque, former CEO and chairman of Thales Group
- Denis Kapustin, retired male triple jumper from Russia
- Denis Walker, former Rhodesian cabinet minister resident
- Denis Saurat, Anglo-French scholar, writer
- Denis Glover, New Zealand poet and publisher
- Denis Barry, was president of the United States Chess Federation
- Denis Ducharme, former Albertan MLA
- Denis Arnold, British musicologist
- Denis Lebrun, comic strip artist best
- Denis Vaughan, has been an Australian-born orchestral conductor and multi-instrumentalist
- Denis McLoughlin, well-known British illustrator
- Denis J. Oullahan, served as California State Treasurer 1884–1887
- Denis Diderot, French philosopher, art critic, and writer, best
- Denis Auguste Affre, was Archbishop of Paris from 1840 to 1848
- Denis Papin, French physicist, mathematician and inventor, best
- Denis Evans, Professor
- Denis Hart, Australian prelate of the Catholic Church
- Denis Leary, American actor, comedian, writer and producer
- Denis Sassou Nguesso, Congolese politician
- Denis Healey, British Labour Party politician
- Denis Norden, English comedy writer and television presenter
- Denis Thatcher, British businessman and the husband of Margaret Thatcher
Lists having Denis
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that starts with Den
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2002)
- Popular Boy Names in France (1983)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2004)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (1955)
- Baby Names that mean Saint
- Baby Names that mean Follower
- Baby Names that mean Greek
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Wine
- Baby Names that mean Mountain
- Baby Names that mean Dedicated
- Baby Names that mean Vine