Elwira meaning and origin
Girl name Elwira means "Spear or Guardian" used especially in Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and Danish is originated from Gothic. Elwira is a version of predominant and perennial Elvira. Elvira is effeminate variant of Alvaro. Elvira's meaning is Al Meaning All and True Friend has its origin in German, Germanic and Arabic.
Variants of ElwiraNames that rhyme with Elwira
Popularity of Elwira
Elwira is a popular baby name in Poland where every 1 in 3000 have the name. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Elwira in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Elwira
You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. People see you as a stubborn and inflexible person. You believe traveling helps you grow your spiritual potential. Although you play tough all the time, deep inside, there's a sensitive soul capable of love. You don't have to lie but find a subtle way to tell someone they need improvement or work harder on something to get it done correctly.
If you like Elwira, you would love these names
- Mikke is equivalent of Micke in Finnish language
- Åshild is equivalent of Áshildr in Norwegian language
- Arny - Used predominantly in Norwegian and Swedish timeless and renowned, Arny used for both boys and girls is originated from Hebrew and Germanic. Arny is English cognate of Aaron. Also Arny is equivalent of Arnold in English language
- Asmo is Finnish equivalent of Asmus. Also Asmo is equivalent of Asmund in Finnish language
- Wenche - The girl name Wenche is originated from German used largely in Scandinavian and Finnish languages, Wenche means "Friend"
Namesakes of Elwira
- Elwira Seroczyńska, Polish speed skater