Genie name meaning
On This Page
What does Genie mean?
Darling and Evergreen unisex name Genie is commonly used in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and English. Its origin is in Old Greek and Greek, meaning of Genie is "Noble Race".. It is celebrated on 7 February.
Is Genie a suitable baby name?
Genie is a suitable baby name for the modern world. It is short, cute and fun, and has a nice meaning associated with it. It also has spiritual connotations as well, so it can add some depth to the choice of name.
It could represent wishes coming true or magical moments. The name is also quite unique, so your baby will not be one of many with the same name in their school class or neighborhood.
However, parents should also consider pronunciation issues when choosing this name as some people may not be familiar with the way it sounds.
How do I pronounce Genie?
Two syllabled Genie is most commonly pronounced as ge-nie.
How popular is the name Genie?
Genie is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1883, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 536 on girl names chart when 69 babies were named Genie.
Over 2873 babies in United States have been named Genie. The name is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. Genie is a rare baby name in France and may not be used now.
But Genie is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 30000 have the name. As per our estimate, over 10000 babies have been bestowed Genie around the globe.
What numbers say about Genie?
You have a strong sense of order. You hate being closely observed and have all eyes on you because of your low self-esteem. Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. People hate you for having the guts to say “NO” to society restriction and rules. You would always choose to work late instead of partying late and waste your time for nothing.
Looking for names similar to Genie? Please go through the following names
- Iria - Curious unisex name Iria is predominantly used in Spanish and English, meaning of Iria is "Colorful, Peace or From the Name Iris" is originated from English and Old Greek
- Elley - Originated from Old Greek and Arabic, Unorthodox Elley is commonly used in Danish and Icelandic and a baby girl name, Elley means "Graziella and My God is Perfect". Elley is derivative of Ella.
- Nicol - The prevalent unisex name Nicol is used mainly in English and Swedish has its origin in Old Greek, Nicol means "Victorious or Victory of the People"
- Anastasie - Anastasie's meaning is Surrender used for baby girls, used majorly in French and German is originated from Greek and Old Greek
- Batiste - The Batiste is used particulary in French, meaning of Batiste is "Baptist or Immerse" is of Greek origin
Middle names for Genie
These mushrooming and familiar middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Genie .
View more middle names that goes with Genie.
Sibling Names for Genie
Parents-to-be often face the challenge of selecting the perfect name for their newborn. If you're considering "Genie" as a potential baby name, you might be looking for sibling names that complement this unique and playful moniker. Here are some great suggestions to help you find the right match for your little bundle of joy.
Sister to Genie
For a brother
Famous people named Genie
- Genie Francis, American actress best
- Genie Chuo, Taiwanese singer and actress
- Genie Joseph in Spookies as Producer
- Genie Coree in The Schoolteacher as Actress
Lists having Genie
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Gen
- Girl names that ends with -nie
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Race