Belinda meaning and origin
Meaning of Belinda is Pretty, Very Beautiful, Attractive, Bright, Gentle, Friendly, Fragility, Vanishing or The Element Bella Which Means Beautiful used for both boys and girls and is used in Albanian, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, English, Faroese, Icelandic, Italian, German, Danish and Greenlandic is of Italian, Spanish, Old High German, Hebrew and Germanic origin. Belinda is variation of biblical, admired and eternal Bella. Bella is form of perpetual, biblical and commonly accepted Isabella. Also Bella is variant of Bergljot. Bella is also form of well-liked Berit. Bella is short form of Elisabethnames ending in "Bella". Bella is Italian, English and German cognate of Isabella. Also Bella is equivalent of Annabella in English language. Bella is also Italian and Scottish form of Arabella. Bella is also Scottish, Italian and German equivalent of Belinda. Bella is also equivalent of Elizabeth in Spanish language. Bella is also Italian and Scottish equivalent of Isabel. Bella is also Scottish, English and Italian cognate of Isabella. Bella is also equivalent of Mirabelle in English and Spanish languages. Lofty and All time favorite Bella came from Germanic and Hebrew languages, meaning of Bella is "God Protects My House and God is Perfection". Belinda is English form of Betlinde.
Variants of BelindaNames that rhyme with Belinda
Popularity of Belinda
Belinda was a popular name in United States. Over 72187 babies have been named Belinda since 1889. At the peak of its usage in 1961, it ranked 142nd when 3115 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 141 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 41 times Also, Belinda was a popular name in New South Wales. Over 11174 babies have been given the name in 35 years. At its zenith in 1974, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 729 baby girls were given the name. After 35 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 8 times
In France, Belinda was once a common name since emerging in 1951 it has been given to over 3481 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1973,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 66 years. Also, In Queensland, Belinda was once a common name since emerging in 1963 it has been given to over 3050 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1976,. After 28 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Belinda is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 571 on girl names chart when 43 babies were named Belinda. Over 335 babies in England and Wales have been named Belinda. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 245 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Belinda. Over 234 people have been named Belinda in Switzerland.
Belinda is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 34 years of usage and 440 bearers, the name could just made to the top 179 names in 1967 before vanishing in 1998. Over 440 people have been named Belinda in Ireland. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 502nd. But Belinda is a popular baby name in Ghana where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in, Philippines, Australia, South Africa, Kenya, England, DR Congo, Mexico, Zambia and Canada. At least, 390000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Belinda in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Belinda
You can't stand injustice. Even if you help people fight their battles, you prefer to fight yours on your own. You shouldn't expect much out of others but yourself. You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way. If you want to play with the big players, act like one. You like to take safe risks. You keep your promises and people trust you for that.
Do you like Belinda? You would love these names
- Tenley means Denniss Field is used as a unisex name has its roots in Old English is specifically used in English. Among baby girl names, prominent Tenley reached 421st position in 2011 in United States
- Manuela - Originated from Spanish and Hebrew, Well-Known and Enduring Manuela is used largely in German, Norwegian and Spanish bestowed upon both genders, Manuela means "The Lord is Among us or God is with us"
- Theron - Chiefly used in English long standing and celebrated, Theron is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Theron is "A Hunter" is a gender-neutral name
- Alida - Loved and Perennial girl name Alida is especially used in Finnish, German and Danish, meaning of Alida is "Of a Noble Kind, Noble or The Element Alaida Which Means Little Winged Girl" is originated from Old High German, Germanic and Latin
- Hyman - Loved and Evergreen boy name Hyman has origin in Hebrew, meaning of Hyman is "Hayyim Meaning Life"
Namesakes of Belinda
- Belinda Vernon, former New Zealand politician
- Belinda Sinclair, British actress
- Belinda Owusu, English actress
- Belinda Castles, English-born Australian novelist
- Belinda Wright, prominent wild life photographer and wildlife conservationist
- Belinda Dann, to an Irish cattle station manager and a Nykina mother
- Belinda Peregrín, Spanish-born Mexican singer
- Belinda Laracuente, women's boxing competitor
- Belinda Carlisle, American singer
- Belinda Stronach,