Betsy meaning and origin
Acclaimed and Venerable unisex name Betsy has origin in Hebrew, meaning of Betsy is "God is My Oath, Form of Elizabeth, God's Promise, God's Witness, My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn, God is Fullness or My God is Perfect" is used prevalently in English, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish and Swedish. Betsy is a form of evergreen and renowned Betty. Betty is variant form of timeless and preeminent Beata. Also Betty is a form of customary and evergreen Berta. Betty is also variant form of pious and illustrous Barbara. Betty is abridged form of ElisabethElizabeth. Betty is English cognate of Elisabet. Originated from Hebrew, Well-Liked and All time favorite Betty, Betty means "My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn and Form of Elizabeth". Betsy is English form of Elisabet. It is celebrated on November 17th.
Variants of BetsyNames that rhyme with Betsy
Popularity of Betsy
Betsy was a popular name in United States. Over 48398 babies have been given the name in 141 years. When at its peak in 1959, 1390 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 228th position. However after 141 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 69 times In England and Wales, Betsy was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 3508 babies. At its zenith in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still in a strong position.
Betsy is a unique baby name in France, it had been in use since 1965 and was last seen in 2007, during its 34 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1992, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 760 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Betsy. There are over 263 babies that have been given the name Betsy in France. But Betsy is a popular baby name in Venezuela where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in Ecuador. At least, 130000 people globally have carried Betsy as their given name according to our research.
Betsy in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Betsy?
Give your head a break and keep an open mind. Things aren't always as they seem. You love to travel but lack the money at the moment. Meditation is your thing. You have unrealistic ideas but lack the enthusiasm and motivation to realize any of them. You can easily adapt to new people and new environments. You often get carried away by your emotions and taken as crazy because of your excessive reactions to injustice.
You would love these names similar to Betsy
- Keisha - Admired Keisha came from Swahili, Hebrew and African-Bobangi, meaning of Keisha is "Favourite, Her Life or Alive or Well" and is bestowed upon both genders is chiefly used in Kannada and Gujarati. Among baby girl names, illustrous Keisha ranked 429 in year 1991 in United States
- Frieda - Used largely in Danish and Norwegian persistent and customary, Frieda aimed at girls and of German and Germanic origin, Frieda means "Peace or King or Mighty"
- Austen - Meaning of Austen is Worthy of Respect or The August has origin in Latin and is primarily used in German, Low German and English is used for both sexes
- Cecelia - Durable and Predominant Cecelia prevalently is used in Finnish, Danish and Swedish is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Cecelia is "Blind" is rooted from Latin
- Olaf means Happy, Heritage of the Ancestors or Ancestor's Descendant is a gender-neutral name is of Old Norse origin is used commonly in English and Scandinavian
Namesakes of Betsy
- Betsy Ross, upon a visit
- Betsy Jolas, Franco-American composer
- Betsy Hart, professional writer for the conservative organization The Heritage Foundation
- Betsy Colquitt, American professor of English and a poet
- Betsy Rosenberg, host of EcoTalk on Air America Radio
- Betsy Bryan, American Egyptologist
- Betsy Mix Cowles, early leader
- Betsy Holden, American businesswoman and corporate director of the Tribune Company
- Betsy Brannon Green, Latter Day Saint mystery/suspense novelist
- Betsy Struthers, Canadian poet and novelist
- Betsy McCaughey, Lt Governor
- Betsy Palmer, American actress, known as a regular supporting movie and Broadway actress and television guest star, as a panelist on the game show 'I've Got a Secret'
- Betsy Bloomingdale, American socialite and philanthropist
- Betsy Devine, American author, journalist, and blogger, with published works including 'Longing for the Harmonies', an appreciation of modern physics with Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek
- Betsy King, was also a childhood name for Lizzie Lloyd King
- Betsy Rawls, American former LPGA Tour professional golfer
- Betsy DeVos, 11th and current United States Secretary of Education since 2017
- Betsy Gotbaum, New York City Public Advocate
- Betsy Drake, French-born American actress and writer
- Betsy Jones-Moreland, American actress
- Betsy Blair, American actress of film and stage
- Betsy Randle, American actress best
- Betsy Clifford, Canadian retired alpine skier
- Betsy Byars, American author of children's books
- Betsy Joslyn, Broadway musical and dramatic actress and soprano
- Betsy Lewin, American illustrator from Clearfield, Pennsylvania
- Betsy Russell, American actress
- Betsy Baker, American actress
- Betsy Boze, American academic and higher education administrator
- Betsy Brantley, former American actress
- Betsy von Furstenberg, German-born American actress
- Betsy Markey, former U.S. Representative for
- Betsy Nagelsen, American former professional tennis player
- Betsy Eby, American encaustic painter
- Betsy Beers, American television and film producer whose credits include ShondaLand's 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Private Practice'
- Betsy King Ross in The Phantom Empire as Actress
- Betsy Roth in Camp as Actress
- Betsy Boyle in Target for Seduction as Actress
- Betsy Moore in Bank Brothers as Actress
- Betsy Currie in Barracuda as Actress
- Betsy Aaron in Episode #1.1 as
- Betsy Hume in The Scratch as Actress
- Betsy Giffen Nowrasteh in The Stoning of Soraya M. as Writer
- Betsy Mazursky in Moscow on the Hudson as Actress
- Betsy Cox in Jurassic Park III as Costume Designer
- Writer Betsy Thomas, noted for TV series My Boys
- In 2010, Betsy Goodrich played the role of DangerWoman in biography and documentary movie Disabled But Able to Rock!.
- In 1982 film, Red Love, Betsy Sussler portrayed Wassilissa.
- Betsy Kelso, from 2008 film Slice, who characterized the Jacqueline.
- In 2014, Betsy Rue played the role of Ashley Saint in crime and drama film Lucky Bastard.
- Betsy Albert, from 2007 comedy flick Dickie Smalls: From Shame to Fame, who portrayed White Waldo.
Lists having Betsy
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Bet
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Witness
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect