Anders name meaning
On This Page
What does Anders mean?
Prevalent boy name Anders is chiefly used in Scandinavian, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic, English, Danish, Dutch and Swedish that originated from Old Greek, Latin and Scandinavian, meaning of Anders is "The Brave or The Manly".
Anders is variation of unfading and frequently used Anderson. Meaning of Anderson is Son of Anders, Masculine and Son of Andrew is originated from Scandinavian is mainly used in English. Anders is form of all time favorite, customary and saintly Anthony.
Anthony is English form of Anton. Also Anthony is English cognate of Antonius. Anthony means Beyond Price and Priceless has its origin in Latin and Greek. Anders is version of perpetual, biblical and desirable Andrew.
Also Andrew is English form of Andreas. Widely Accepted Old Greek Andrew, meaning of Andrew is "Man and Manly". Anders is variation of biblical and prominent Andreas. Andreas is diminutive of Names Beginning with Ανδρo-.
Andreas is Greek and German cognate of Andrew. Andreas means The Manly, Of a Man and Manly is of Old Greek origin. Anders is Swedish cognate of Andræs.
Does Anders work as a baby name?
Anders is a charming baby boy name that has been derived from Scandinavia. The name has been popular for many years and is still widely used today.
It signifies characteristics such as bravery and manliness, which makes it a perfect choice for parents who want their boy to grow up with these traits. What makes this name stand out is its simplicity and elegance, which makes it easy to pronounce and remember.
Anders has a timeless quality that will never go out of style, making it a great choice for parents looking for a classic name that will stand the test of time.
How do I pronounce Anders?
Two syllabled Anders is most commonly pronounced as a-nde-rs. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., an-ders or an-durs.
Variants of AndersNames that rhyme with Anders
How popular is the name Anders?
Anders was a popular name in Denmark. Over 13748 babies have been given the given name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1986, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 877 baby boys were given the name.
After 23 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 8 times Anders used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1912 and over 6136 babies have been given the name in 99 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2014,. However after 99 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Anders is a familiar baby name in Sweden during its short run, it been to the top 100 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 96 on boy names chart when 67 babies were given the name Anders. The name is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000.
There are over 140 babies that have been given the name Anders in England and Wales. In France, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1985.
Anders is a rare baby name in Sweden there is very thin chances of it still being given.
Anders is a common name in Sudan while somewhat familiar name in England, Poland, Estonia, Germany, Canada, Australia, Israel, Greenland, Brazil, China, Russia and Chile. At least, 160000 people globally have carried Anders as their given name according to our evaluation.
What numbers say about Anders?
You are sometimes manipulative and hated for it. But you never change your style as trends change because you are faithful to your individuality. You like to be in charge of your life and can't stand bossy people. You aren't born to follow. You are born to lead. You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions. You deserve the best because you are simply the best. You are influential and use your influence to do great things.
Go through the following names similar to Anders
- Claud - Widely Accepted and Ceaseless Claud has its origin in Latin, Claud means "Lame" and is bestowed upon both boys and girls is mainly used in English
- Cecília - The girl name Cecília means "Blind" has its roots in Latin is used in Portuguese
- Ursula - Frequently Used and Evergreen girl name Ursula is used principally in Marathi, English and Bengali which originated from Latin and German, meaning of Ursula is "Little Female Bear, Little Bear or Small Bear"
- Cus came from Latin and English bestowed upon boys, meaning of Cus is "From Athens and From Attica". Cus is short of Atticus.
- Peregreen - Boy name Peregreen means "The Element Peregrinus Meaning Stranger Foreigner Traveller Pilgrim and Wanderer" came from Latin. Peregreen is derived from Peregrine.
Sibling Names for Anders
Looking for a sibling name to go with Anders? We've compiled a list of unique and complementary names that will perfectly complement your little one. From classic favorites to trendy options, we've got you covered. Check out our top picks below!
Sister to Anders
Brother for Anders
Famous people named Anders
- Anders Dahl, Swedish botanist and student of Carl Linnaeus
- Anders Torstenson, Swedish statesman
- Anders Linder, Swedish actor and jazz musician
- Anders Sparrman, Swedish naturalist
- Anders Retzius, Swedish professor of anatomy and a supervisor at the Karolinska Institute
- Anders Heger, Norwegian publisher and writer
- Anders Sandøe Ørsted, Danish lawyer, politician and jurist
- Anders Björgerd, Swedish businessman
- Anders Norudde, Swedish folk musician, multi-instrumentalist
- Anders Gustaf Ekeberg, Swedish chemist who discovered tantalum in 1802
- Anders Johan von Höpken, son of Daniel Niklas von Höpken
- Anders Bratholm, Norwegian professor and legal scholar
- Anders Fryxell, Swedish historian
- Anders Jahre, Norwegian shipping magnate
- Anders Gustaf Dahlbom, Swedish entomologist
- Anders Andersen, saw mill worker
- Anders Sjöholm,
- Anders Ilar, Swedish electronic musician and producer
- Anders Sørensen Vedel, Danish priest and historian
- Anders Eklund, Swedish boxer
- Anders Hallberg, Swedish chemist
- Anders Sandøe Ørsted Bull, Norwegian civil servant and government minister
- Anders Fjelstad, Norwegian politician for the Centre Party
- Anders Frihagen, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Anders Venger, was Norwegian Minister of Agriculture in 1923 and 1923-1924
- Anders Wollbeck, Swedish songwriter and producer
- Anders Piltz, Swedish latinist and medievalist
- Anders Uppström, Swedish philologist, particularly
- Anders Eliasson, Swedish composer
- Anders Bording, Danish poet and journalist
- Anders Lidén, Permanent Representative of Sweden to the United Nations
- Anders Martin-Löf, Swedish physicist and mathematician
- Anders Sunesen, Danish archbishop of Lund, Scania,
- Anders Nordström, Swedish physician
- Anders Petersen, Danish flyweight professional boxer
- Anders Petersen, Swedish photographer,
- Anders Bodelsen, prolific Danish writer primarily associated with the 1960 new-realism wave
- Anders Ygeman, Swedish politician of the Social Democrats
- Anders Westenholz, Danish psychologist and writer
- Anders Lyrbring, former freestyle swimmer from Sweden
- Anders Ljungstedt, Swedish merchant and historian
- Anders Celsius, Swedish astronomer, physicist and mathematician
- Anders Chydenius, Finnish priest and a member of the Swedish Riksdag
- Anders Johan Lexell, scientist
- Anders Hald, Danish statistician
- Anders Arborelius, Swedish Roman Catholic cardinal
- Anders Jahan Retzius, Swedish chemist, botanist and entomologist
- Anders Nygren, Swedish Lutheran theologian
- Anders Wejryd, Swedish Lutheran clergyman
- Anders Sandøe Ørsted, Danish botanist, mycologist
- Anders Hejlsberg, prominent Danish software engineer
- Anders Zorn, was one of Sweden's foremost artists
- Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Danish politician
- Anders Graneheim, Swedish bodybuilder
- Anders Aukland, professional Norwegian cross-country skier
- Anders Bircow, Danish rock musician, actor and comedian
- Anders Frisk, Swedish insurance agent by trade and a former football referee
- Anders Lassen, highly decorated Danish soldier
- Anders Hovden, Norwegian Lutheran clergyman
Lists having Anders
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Dutch Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with And
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2002)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (1998)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (1990)
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Manly