Hafsa name meaning
What does Hafsa mean?
Meaning of Hafsa is Sound Judgement, Cub, Young Lioness, Gathering, Brooding Hen or Good Judgment is used as a baby girl name which is rooted from African-Swahili and Arabic is notably used in Norwegian, Finnish, African, Danish, Swahili, Arabic and Swedish. Hafsa is Latin form of The Arabic Name حفصة of Unknown Meaning, Nesting Hen.
Could Hafsa be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Hafsa could be an appropriate name for a new bundle of joy, as it has strong positive connotations. Its origin is Arabic and means cub or young lioness; gathering which is a symbol of strength, protection and unity. This could be a valuable message to impart on your child during their life. It also has spiritual connections which could bring peace and serenity to the home. The name Hafsa can also provide a good conversation starter when introducing the child to family, friends and other parents as it holds a unique appeal.
How do I pronounce Hafsa?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Hafsa is ha(f)-sa.
Variants of HafsaNames that rhyme with Hafsa
How popular is the name Hafsa?
Hafsa was a common name in United States. Over 1706 babies have been named Hafsa since 1981. At its zenith in 2014,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 33 years but it is still going strong. Also, In England and Wales, Hafsa was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 3470 babies. When at its peak in 2010,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong. Also, Hafsa was a common name in France. Over 3374 babies have been named Hafsa since 1959. When at the peak of its usage in 2016,. However after 48 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Hafsa is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. Recently in 2018, 70 babies were given Hafsa and it reached its peak ranking, 197 on girl names chart. There are over 257 babies that have been given the name Hafsa in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, 74 babies were given Hafsa and it reached its peak ranking, 135 on girl names chart. Over 1075 babies in Belgium have been named Hafsa.
Hafsa is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. Also, it is uncommon in Switzerland, where it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2017 when it ranked 548th. Over 100 people have been named Hafsa in Switzerland. However things change on global perspective, Hafsa is extremely popular in Bangladesh where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Algeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Somalia and India. At least, 320000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Hafsa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Hafsa?
You know you have the power and will to accomplish whatever you imagine on your own. You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time. Accept what you feel and express it when you feel the urge. You like to take safe risks. You are independent and capable to provide for you and your family. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you.
Do you like Hafsa? Other names you would love
- Shaban - Unexpected Shaban is used in Albanian, Arabic and Arabic came from Albanian and Arabic used as a gender insensitive name, Shaban means "The Eighth Month of the Islam, The Eighth Month of the Islamic Calendar or Eighth Month of the Islamic Calender"
- Aidh - Used commonly in Arabic and Sindhi, Aidh means "Name of a Reciter of the Holy Quran" is a boy name
- Bigge predominantly is used in Swedish and Scandinavian is originated from Old Norse is bestowed upon both genders. Bigge is equivalent of Biggi in Sami language
- Idris - The commonly accepted unisex name Idris means "Studious Person or Study" which is commonly used in Arabic and Sindhi has origin in Welsh and Arabic
- Zarina - The curious girl name Zarina is used primarily in Hindi and Iranian, meaning of Zarina is "Golden or Empress" is originated from Arabic and Persian
Sibling Names for Hafsa
Looking for the right name for your baby girl can be a daunting task, especially if you want to give her a name that is not only unique but also has a beautiful meaning. If you have decided to go with the name "Hafsa," then you might also be considering names for her siblings that complement her name. Here are some great suggestions of names that pair well with Hafsa.
Sister to Hafsa
Brother to Hafsa
Famous people named Hafsa
- Hafsa Bekri, poet and writer of a book of short stories
- Hafsa bint Umar, wife of the Islamic prophet Muhammad and therefore a 'Mother of the Believers'
Lists having Hafsa
- Girl names beginning with H
- African Girl Names
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Sound
- Baby Names that mean Judgement
- Baby Names that mean Young
- Baby Names that mean Lioness
- Baby Names that mean Good