Hamida name meaning
On This Page
What does Hamida mean?
Unusual Hamida is used in African and Arabic, Hamida means "Gracious, Who Praises God, Giver, Praised One, Praiseworthy or Praiser of Allah" used as a unisex name came from Arabic.
Is Hamida suitable to use as a baby name?
Hamida is a beautiful name with an inspiring meaning. Its origin is Arabic and it stands for 'giving thanks', which makes it a perfect pick for your baby girl.
The name carries a strong message of gratitude, one that will hopefully stay with your daughter as she grows up. Hamida has also been gaining popularity in recent years, making it a unique choice for your precious little girl.
Its simple but elegant sound make it stand out among other baby names, so it's ideal if you want something special but not too complicated. All in all, Hamida is an excellent choice for your daughter and will be sure to bring joy to her life!
How do I pronounce Hamida?
The three syllabled name Hamida is pronounced, ha-mi-da.
Variants of HamidaNames that rhyme with Hamida
How popular is the name Hamida?
Hamida is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1956 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1975, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 648 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Hamida.
Over 653 babies in France have been named Hamida. The name is an uncommon baby name in United States where it is still in use. During its 21 years of usage in England and Wales, it had made up to just the top 2000 girl names.
Over 193 babies in England and Wales have been named Hamida.
However things change on global perspective, Hamida is extremely popular in Bangladesh where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in India.
Also the baby name is popular in Algeria, Iraq, Pakistan, Tanzania, Indonesia, Tunisia, Nigeria, Sudan, Libya, Oman, Uganda, Morocco and Kenya. As per our evaluation, over 530000 people has been named Hamida globally.
Hamida in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Hamida
You are not a fan of monotony and you can't stand people who just dwell in their comfort zone, waiting for something to happen. You have big plans for yourself and your future. You take things too seriously and it makes you nervous when something doesn't go as planned. You want to achieve great things in life but without much effort. You don't share the usual opinion of things and the ordinary life perspective.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Hamida
- Rua - Outlandish Rua is used majorly in Marathi, Telugu and Bengali is a baby girl name, Rua means "Visions, Dreams or Goddess Parvatialmost Perfect"
- Ambereen - The girl name Ambereen is originated from Arabic and is used in English and Arabic languages, Ambereen means "Fragrance or Sky"
- Tamal - The queer boy name Tamal means "A Tree with Very Dark Bark" which is specifically used in Malayalam and Marathi has origin in Sanskrit
- Mishal - Principally used in Arabic and Arabic far-out, Mishal means "Lightened, Example or Sparkling" and a gender-neutral name has its origin in Arabic
- Kaseeb - Used specifically in Hindi, English and Arabic, Kaseeb means "Winner, Provider or Fertile" and a boy name is rooted from Arabic
Sibling Names for Hamida
If you're considering naming your baby girl Hamida, congratulations! Now comes the fun part of choosing a middle name that complements and brings out the beauty of Hamida. We've compiled a list of sibling names that may inspire you to find the perfect match for your bundle of joy.
Names for Hamida's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Hamida
- Hamida Omarova, Azerbaijani actress
- Hamida Pahalwan, Pakistani wrestler in Radhanpur during the 1930s
- Hamida al-Attas, mother of Osama bin Laden
- Hamida Bedjaoui in movie Le cri de Tarzan as Actress
- In 2006 drama film, Zolykha's Secret, Hamida Refah portrayed N.
Lists having Hamida
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ida
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Giver
- Baby Names that mean Praised
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Praiseworthy
- Baby Names that mean Allah