Jaap meaning and origin
Chiefly used in German and Dutch, Jaap aimed at baby boys, meaning of Jaap is "Yahweh May Protect, Holder of the Heel or Supplanter" is originated from Hebrew. Jaap is equivalent of Jim in Dutch language.
Variants of JaapNames that rhyme with Jaap
Popularity of Jaap
Jaap is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 492 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Jaap. The name is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. At least, 90 people globally have carried Jaap as their given name according to our estimate.
Jaap in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Jaap
At work, you are the innovator and researcher always focused on finding creative ways to solve things and improve the company's progress. You are dominant in your circle of friends. Learn how to live on your own and trust others without losing yourself and your self-respect. You are a hard candy when it comes to romantic relationships. You are curious and driven by your wish to invent new things and solutions.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Jaap
- Oprah - Queer girl name Oprah means "Help" and is especially used in English has origin in Hebrew
- Izayah - The prevailing boy name Izayah is particulary used in English, meaning of Izayah is "Yahweh is Salvation" has origin in Hebrew
- Daveena - Unheard-of Daveena mostly is used in Marathi, Telugu and Tamil has its origin in Hebrew, meaning of Daveena is "Beauty" is a unisex name
- Michaelene - Offbeat girl name Michaelene means "Messenger of God and Who is Like God" came from Hebrew. Michaelene is feminine form of Michael.
- Daveigh - The queer and modern girl name Daveigh came from Hebrew, Daveigh means "Favourite and Beloved". Daveigh is derived from Davina.
Namesakes of Jaap
- Jaap Spaanderman, Jacobus Hendrikus Bastiaan "Jaap" Spaanderman jr
- Jaap Bakema, Dutch modernist architect
- Jaap Kunst, He is
- Jaap van Praag, He was its chairman from 1946 to 1969
- Jaap Boot, Dutch athlete
- Jaap Drupsteen, Dutch graphic designer
- Jaap Meijer, There he won the silver medal in the Men's 1
- Jaap Goudsmit, is Dutch scientist
- Jaap ter Linden, Dutch cellist, viol player and conductor
- Jaap Valkhoff, Dutch musician, composer and lyricist
- Jaap Kraaier, Dutch flatwater canoeist who competed in the 1930s
- Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, retired Dutch politician and diplomat of the Christian Democratic Appeal
- Jaap Stam, Dutch football manager and former player and current PEC Zwolle manager
- Jaap Eden, Dutch athlete
- Jaap Penraat, Dutch resistance fighter during the Second World War
- Jaap van Zweden, Dutch conductor and violinist
- Jaap Bulder, There he won the bronze medal with the Netherlands national football team
- Jaap Doek, Dutch jurist
- Jaap Barendregt, Dutch football striker