Yaakov meaning and origin
Originated from Hebrew, Prominent Yaakov mostly bestowed upon boys is dominantly used in Hebrew. Yaakov is variant form of preeminent, biblical and eternal Jacob. Originated from Hebrew, Prominent Jacob, Jacob means "Held by the Heel and Yahweh May Protect". Yaakov is version of Yakov. Yakov is version of biblical and outstanding Jacob.
Variants of YaakovNames that rhyme with Yaakov
Popularity of Yaakov
Yaakov used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1948 and over 4503 babies have been given the name in 67 years. When at its peak in 1986,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 67 years but it is still going strong. Yaakov is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 22 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 158 babies in England and Wales have been named Yaakov. Also, it appeared first time in 1992 on baby boy names list of France.
At least, 4000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
What numbers say about Yaakov?
You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize. You have to stop questioning your existence and give your life your own purpose. You are an introspective, courageous, and mindful person. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations.
You would love these names similar to Yaakov
- Iannic - The Iannic means "God is Merciful", substantially used in Breton has origin in Hebrew
- Michaelle - Infrequent girl name Michaelle is used in Italian, meaning of Michaelle is "Who is Like God" came from Hebrew
- Isaut - Of Hebrew origin, Isaut means "God Protects My House"
- Dany - Offbeat Dany came from Hebrew bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Dany is "God is My Judge, Judge or God or Feminine Variant of Daniel" is principally used in Finnish, English and Danish
- Jeremie - Trendy Jeremie came from Hebrew language is a unisex name, mostly used in French and English, meaning of Jeremie is "In Use Since the Middle Ages or God will Uplift"
Namesakes of Yaakov
- Yaakov Chaim Sofer, Sephardi rabbi, Kabbalist, Talmudist and 'posek'
- Yaakov Yisrael Kanievsky, and several volumes written by a disciple
- Yaakov Yitzchok Ruderman, com |url=http://matzav
- Yaakov ben Yakar, German Talmudist
- Yaakov Lorberbaum, Rabbi and Posek
- Yaakov Gesundheit, chief rabbi of Warsaw from 1870 to ca
- Yaakov Culi, Talmudist and Biblical commentator of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries
- Yaakov Meir Shechter, prominent leader and teacher in the Breslov Hasidic movement
- Yaakov Bleich, American-born rabbi and member of the Karlin Stolin Hasidic dynasty
- Yaakov Meir, first Sephardic Chief Rabbi appointed under the British Mandate of Palestine
- Yaakov Neuburger, rosh yeshiva at Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary
- Yaakov Ziv, Israeli electrical engineer who
- Yaakov Dori, first Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces
- Yaakov Aryeh Alter, eighth and current Rebbe of the Hasidic dynasty of Ger
- Yaakov Yitzchak of Lublin, ", 'ha-Chozeh MiLublin'; c
- Yaakov Turner, former mayor of Beersheba
- Yaakov Kamenetsky, prominent rosh yeshiva
- Yaakov ben Moshe Levi Moelin, Talmudist and 'posek' best
- Yaakov Peri, former head of the Israeli security agency Shin Bet and formerly a member of the Knesset for Yesh Atid
- Yaakov Edri, Israeli politician
- Yaakov Shabtai, Israeli novelist, playwright, and translator
- Yaakov Neeman, Israeli lawyer
- Yaakov Dovid Wilovsky, renowned rabbi, Talmudic commentator and educator
- Yaakov Perlow, American-born Hasidic rabbi and rosh yeshiva
- Yaakov Litzman, Israeli politician and Deputy Government Minister
- Yaakov Zada Daniel is renowned for his acting in TV series Dumb