Jacques name meaning
On This Page
What does Jacques mean?
Preeminent and Perpetual Jacques's origin is Hebrew is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Jacques is "French Form of Jacob Supplanter, He who Supplants or Yahweh May Protect" is used substantially in Swedish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Danish and Norwegian.
Jacques is a variant of venerable and well-known Jacob. Jacob means Held by the Heel and Yahweh May Protect is originated from Hebrew. Jacques is variation of biblical and persistent James.
James is version of biblical and enduring Jacques. James is form of Jacomus in English language. Acclaimed and Venerable James came from English and Hebrew, meaning of James is "Supplanter and A Cheerful Boy".
Jacques is French form of Jacobus. It is celebrated on July 25 or May 3.
Is Jacques a suitable baby name?
Jacques is a popular French name for baby boys and is derived from Jacob, which means 'supplanter'. It is suitable for any baby, as it has a classic, yet modern feel to it.
The name Jacques also sounds strong and masculine and can be paired with different middle names to add even more personality to the child's name. As the origin of the name is French, parents might find that their little boy shares some of the wonderful traits associated with that culture such as creativity and independence.
Jacques could be an interesting choice for anyone looking for an uncommon but strong-sounding boy's name.
How do I pronounce Jacques?
You can pronounce the one syllabled name Jacques as zhawk.
Variants of JacquesNames that rhyme with Jacques
How popular is the name Jacques?
an extremely popular name in France having over 482769 recievers in 144 years of usage. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 1941, 15407 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 5th position.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 2 times Jacques is common in United States where over 9523 new-borns have been given the name since 1888. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1969, 170 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 600th position.
Jacques is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 350 on boy names chart when 67 babies were given the name Jacques.
There are over 733 babies that have been given the name Jacques in England and Wales. Jacques is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. Also, it is among the top 700 boy names in Switzerland.
Over 104 people have been named Jacques in Switzerland. Also, it is among the top 500 boy names in Belgium. There are over 277 babies that have been given the name Jacques in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Jacques is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 300 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Canada, Cameroon, Madagascar, Haiti, South Africa, Rwanda, Burundi, Benin, Central African Republic, Congo, Chad, Netherlands, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Togo, Brazil, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Mauritius and Mozambique.
According to our findings, over 1420000 babies have been named Jacques globally.
Jacques in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Jacques?
Find an efficient way to spread awareness of the things you believe matter the most. You believe life's to have fun. You are stubborn and self-motivated. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You always act like everything's just great. You hate copying others. Your motto is: be the change you want to see in the world and make a difference while you are alive.
Looking for a name like Jacques? Please go through the following names
- Aimee - Persistent and Prevalent Aimee is used specifically in Marathi and Hindi is a unisex name is came from Latin and French, Aimee means "Beloved or The Beloved". On baby girl chart, loved Aimee was spotted at 498th position in 1999 in United States
- Jeremias - Origin of Customary Jeremias is in Hebrew is notably used in Finnish and Portuguese and is given to boys, meaning of Jeremias is "God Increases or Yahwe Uplifts"
- Suze - Popular girl name Suze is originated from Hebrew, used specifically in English and Dutch languages, meaning of Suze is "Lily"
- Anteunette - Originated from Latin, Anteunette is used chiefly in Dutch, Anteunette means "Priceless Inestimable and That Feeds on Flower" is a girl name. Anteunette is derivative of Antonia.
- Alida - Durable and Widely Accepted Alida is used prevalently in Italian and English is a baby girl name, Alida means "Noble, Of a Noble Kind or The Element Alaida Which Means Little Winged Girl" has origin in Germanic, Old High German and Latin
Famous people named Jacques
- Jacques Mayol, French diving legend and the holder of many world records
- Jacques Callot, baroque printmaker and draftsman
- Jacques Offenbach, German-French composer
- Jacques Roubaud, professor of Mathematics at University of Paris X
- Jacques Rogge, Belgian sports administrator and physician
- Jacques Paul Migne, French priest
- Jacques Cujas, French legal expert
- Jacques Villon, French Cubist and abstract painter and printmaker
- Jacques Antoine Marie de Cazalès, French orator and politician
- Jacques Marie Eugène Godefroy Cavaignac, known as Godefroy Cavaignac, French politician
- Jacques Dubois, French anatomist in Paris
- Jacques Brault, French Canadian poet and translator
- Jacques Santer, Luxembourg politician
- Jacques Poulin, Canadian novelist with a quiet and intimate style of writing
- Jacques Parizeau, Canadian economist and politician
- Jacques Thibaud, French violinist
- Jacques Gaffarel, French scholar and astrologer
- Jacques Auguste de Thou, French historian
- Jacques Amyot, French Renaissance writer and translator
- Jacques Delille, French poet, freemason and translator
- Jacques Sylla, Malagasy politician
- Jacques de Vaucanson, French inventor and artist
- Jacques de Larosière, French central banker
- Jacques Ferron, Canadian physician and author
- Jacques Gillot, b
- Jacques de La Palice, French nobleman and military officer
- Jacques Kinnaer, Belgian Egyptologist and author with an M.A.
- Jacques Chaban-Delmas, French Gaullist politician
- Jacques Bernard Hombron, French naval surgeon and naturalist
- Jacques Ibert, French composer of classical music
- Jacques Arcadelt, ; 14 October 1568 In addition to his work as a madrigalist
- Jacques Arnold, Conservative Party politician
- Jacques Poos, Luxembourgian politician
- Jacques Joseph, German plastic surgeon
- Jacques Etienne Montgolfier,
- Jacques Lefèvre d'Étaples, French theologian and humanist
- Jacques Marie Boutet, French actor and comic playwright from Lunéville
- Jacques Raverat, French painter; Raverat was the son of Georges Pierre Raverat and Helena Lorena Raverat
- Jacques Lacan, French psychoanalyst and psychiatrist
- Jacques Derrida, Algerian-born French philosopher best
- Jacques Herbrand, French mathematician
- Jacques Charles, French inventor, scientist, mathematician
- Jacques Tits, Belgium-born French mathematician who works on group theory and incidence geometry
- Jacques Hadamard, French mathematician
- Jacques Rancière, French philosopher
- Jacques Cassini, French astronomer
- Jacques Monod, a French biochemist
- Jacques Maritain, French Catholic philosopher
- Jacques Boucher de Crèvecœur de Perthes, French archaeologist and antiquary notable for his discovery
- Jacques Loeb, German-born American physiologist and biologist
- Jacques Cousteau, French naval officer, explorer, conservationist, filmmaker, innovator
- Jacques Maroger, painter and the technical director of the Louvre Museum's laboratory
- Jacques Dupuis, Belgian Jesuit priest and theologian
- Jacques Vergès, Siamese-born French lawyer
- Jacques Chirac, French politician
- Jacques Villeneuve, Canadian professional auto racing driver and amateur musician
- Jacques Cartier, Breton explorer
- Jacques Brel, Belgian singer, songwriter, poet
- Jacques Prévert, French poet and screenwriter
- Jacques Necker, banker of Genevan origin
- Jacques Delors, French politician
- Jacques Lipchitz, Cubist sculptor
Lists having Jacques
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Jac
- Popular Boy Names in France (1973)
- Baby Names that mean Supplanter
- Baby Names that mean Supplants
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Heel
- Baby Names that mean One