Yakov meaning and origin
Unusual Yakov predominantly is used in Russian, Slavic and Hebrew aimed at baby boys is originated from Hebrew. Yakov is a form of perennial, renowned and biblical Jacob. Jacob's meaning is To Supplant and Yahweh May Protect is originated from Hebrew.
Variants of YakovNames that rhyme with Yakov
Popularity of Yakov
A common name in United States having over 2377 recievers in 54 years of usage. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2009, it ranked 1458th when 114 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Yakov is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 22 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 225 babies in England and Wales have been named Yakov. But Yakov is a popular baby name in Ukraine where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Russia and Uzbekistan. At least, 80000 people globally have carried Yakov as their given name according to our estimate.
Here's what numbers has to say about Yakov
Stress hates your guts. You are a living proof that wild hearts can't be tamed or broken. You need to communicate with people in order to expand your knowledge and widen your perspective. You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right. Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change. You are an intuitive person who sees through people and their intentions, which can be irritating sometimes.
Other names similar to Yakov
- Janae - The prevalent unisex name Janae is used in English is came from Hebrew, Janae means "God has Answered, Yahweh is Gracious or God is Gracious Gift". On baby girl chart, prevalent Janae was spotted at 471st position in 2000 in United States
- Hidekel - The girl name Hidekel means "Rapid" and is especially used in English has origin in Hebrew
- Zuba - Girl name Zuba is used commonly in English which of Hebrew origin, meaning of Zuba is "Assisted". Zuba is an abridged form of Azubah.
- Meryline - Of Hebrew origin, Meryline means "Sea"
- Jacoby - Famed Jacoby came from Hebrew, meaning of Jacoby is "Jacob" aimed at both sexes is used mostly in Hebrew and English
Namesakes of Yakov
- Yakov Sannikov, Russian merchant and explorer of the New Siberian Islands
- Yakov Permyakov, Russian seafarer, explorer, merchant, and Cossack
- Yakov Grot, nineteenth-century Russian philologist of German extraction
- Yakov Kasman, Russian classical pianist, professor of piano
- Yakov Zak, Soviet pianist and teacher of Jewish extraction
- Yakov Malik, Soviet diplomat
- Yakov Rostovtsev, leading figure
- Yakov Chernikhov, constructivist architect and graphic designer
- Yakov Shakhovskoy, Russian statesman
- Yakov Kulnev, was
- Yakov Knyazhnin, was Russia's foremost tragic author during the reign of Catherine the Great
- Yakov Kolokolnikov-Voronin, Russian painter
- Yakov Kreizberg, Russian-born American conductor
- Yakov Fedorenko, Soviet general during World War II
- Yakov Pliner, Latvian politician of Jewish origin and MP of the 7th
- Yakov Vilner, Ukrainian chess master
- Yakov Zevin, Jewish Communist activist
- Yakov Ganetsky, prominent Polish communist and close associate of Vladimir Lenin
- Yakov Chubin, also known as Yakov Shub served as the seventh General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Turkmen SSR
- Yakov Popok, served as the fifth General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Turkmen SSR
- Yakov Kazyansky, Russian musician
- Yakov Gilyarievich Etinger,
- Yakov Zeldovich, Soviet physicist of Belarusian Jewish ethnicity
- Yakov Sinai, mathematician
- Yakov Frenkel, Soviet physicist renowned for his works
- Yakov Smirnoff, Soviet-born American comedian, actor and writer
- Yakov Peters, Latvian Communist revolutionary
- Yakov Sverdlov, Bolshevik party administrator and chairman of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee
- Yakov Pavlov, Soviet Red Army soldier
- Yakov Perelman, Russian and Soviet science writer and author of many popular science books
- Yakov Yurovsky, Russian Old Bolshevik and a Soviet Revolutionary
- Yakov Dzhugashvili, eldest of Joseph Stalin's four children
- Yakov Protazanov, Russian and Soviet film director and screenwriter
- Yakov Blumkin, Left Socialist-Revolutionary, Bolshevik
- Yakov Davydov, ; 10 October 1888 – 28 July 1938) was
- Yakov Estrin, Russian chess International Master
- Yakov Springer, wrestler and a weightlifting coach and judge
- Yakov Cherevichenko, Soviet military leader
- Yakov Agranov, first chief of Soviet Main Directorate of State Security and a deputy of NKVD chief Genrikh Yagoda
- Yakov Polonsky, leading Pushkinist poet
- Yakov Bulgakov, Russian diplomat best remembered as Catherine II's emissary in Constantinople
- Yakov Kreizer, Soviet field commander
- Yakov Rylsky, Jewish Olympic champion and three-time world champion sabre fencer of the Soviet Union
- Yakov Zarobyan, 1st Secretary of the Communist Party of Armenia
- Yakov Rylov, Russian professional ice hockey defender
- Yakov Aron in movie Boyevoy kinosbornik 4 as Director
- Yakov Gudkin characterized the vital role of Semka's compagion in 1926 drama movie Katka-bumazhnyy ranet.
- Yakov Lents portrayed main character of Affectionate experimenter in 1927 comedy movie Potseluy Meri Pikford.
- Yakov Yavno, from 1989 documentary film Mir vam, Sholom, who played N.
- In 1969, Yakov Kozlov portrayed the role of N in action movie Gde 042?.
- In 2003 comedy, romance flick, Proshchanie v iyune, Yakov Lomkin portrayed Kolyesov.
Lists having Yakov
- Boy names beginning with Y
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Russian Boy Names
- Slavic Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Supplanter
- Baby Names that mean Heel
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Supplants
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Supplant