Jerald name meaning
What does Jerald mean?
Originated from Germanic and Old High German, Cherished Jerald means "Variant and Surname Form of Gerald, Spear Ruler or Rule" prevalently used in English is used in general as a unisex name . Jerald is a version of acclaimed and venerable Gerald. Gerald is a form of Gerwald. Gerald is diminutive of Fitzgerald. Gerald is form of Gerwald in English and German languages. Gerald's meaning is Ruler of the Spear and Rule is originated from Old French and Germanic.
How do I pronounce Jerald?
j(e)-ra-ld is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Jerald.
Variants of Jerald
Gerwald, Gerald, Garald, Harald
How popular is the name Jerald?
Jerald was a popular name in United States. Over 26089 babies have been named Jerald since 1909. At the peak of its usage in 1942, the moniker grabbed the 223rd spot and 646 baby boys were given the name. But after 128 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 45 times But Jerald is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 6000 have the name. At least, 50000 people globally have carried Jerald as their given name according to our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Jerald
You want to be an example of how everyone should live their life. You are persistent but without motivation, you won't accomplish anything. Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner. In love, you act childish and don't care much about the feelings of your partner because you start relationships without falling in love first. Once you fall in love, everything changes.
Parents who liked Jerald, loved these names
- Nico - The prevalent unisex name Nico is specifically used in English and Finnish which is rooted from Old Greek, Nico means "Victory of the People or Abbreviation of Nicholas". On baby boy names chart, outstanding Nico ranked 382 in year 2018 in United States
- Cathryn - Celebrated and Ceaseless Cathryn came from Old Greek, meaning of Cathryn is "Dear, The Pure and Pretty" and is aimed at baby girls is chiefly used in Swedish, English and Danish. Cathryn is resulted from Karine.
- Watson - Trendy and Conifer Watson is originated from Germanic, Watson means "Son of Walter" and is mostly used in English is used for both boys and girls
- Theda - Renowned and Ceaseless Theda is originated from Old Greek, Theda means "Of Noble Figure or Gift of God" and is aimed at girls is majorly used in Scandinavian and English
- Kaiden - Preeminent Kaiden majorly is used in Arabic and English, meaning of Kaiden is "Friend or Son of Cadán", a gender insensitive name has origin in Arabic, Celtic and Old Irish
Famous people named Jerald
- Jerald G. Fishman, American electrical engineer and businessman
- Jerald Johnson, minister and emeritus general superintendent
- Jerald T. Milanich, American anthropologist and archaeologist
- Jerald S. Paul, previously served as the Principal Deputy Administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration at the U.S. Department of Energy
- Jerald terHorst, American journalist
- Jerald Honeycutt, American former professional basketball player
- Jerald Clark, former Major League Baseball outfielder
- Jerald Sowell, American Football fullback
- Jeraldine Saunders in The New Love Boat - The Newlyweds/The Exchange/Cleo's First Voyage as Writer
- Jerald Garner in Valentine's Day as Actor
- Writer Jerald Cormier, well-known for movie Nightmare Circus
- In 2016, Jerald Napoles characterized the role of N in drama movie Pauwi na.
Lists having Jerald
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Jer
- Baby Names that mean Surname
- Baby Names that mean Rules
- Baby Names that mean Spear
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Rule