Johnston meaning and origin
Unwonted Hebrew Johnston means "Son of John or From John's Farm" which is used primarily in English is aimed at baby boys. Johnston is a variant form of celebrated and venerable Johnson. Johnson is variation of biblical, durable and darling John. Uncustomary Johnson largely is used in English and Tamil, meaning of Johnson is "Son of John and Variant of the John" is of Hebrew origin.
Variants of Johnston
View middle names that goes with Johnston like Zyel, Hyman, Kyce, Toan, Rork, Hian,Names that rhyme with Johnston
Popularity of Johnston
Johnston is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 58 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 468 babies that have been given the name Johnston in United States. Also, Johnston is a familiar name in Tanzania, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Philippines, New Zealand and Scotland. At least, 2000 people globally have carried Johnston as their given name according to our findings.
What numbers say about Johnston?
You have a competitive spirit and challenge yourself on a daily basis. You always hope your intuition is wrong and give people a chance to earn your trust. You don't believe in second chances. You are born to be a singer, writer, actor, model, or a public speaker. You want to find your soul mate but secretly don't believe in soul mates. You want to help others and leave an impression. Letter N as your capstone represents your sixth sense and strong intuition.
Do you like Johnston? Read these names too
- Janiece - Unconventional girl name Janiece means "Variant of Jane or God is Gracious" which is primarily used in English has origin in Hebrew
- Bahat is originated from Hebrew language bestowed upon baby boys used in Hebrew, Bahat means "Beauty or Alabaster"
- Yaphet - Commonly used in Hebrew far-out, Yaphet is of Hebrew origin, meaning of Yaphet is "Handsome" is a unisex name
- Zac - Uncommon boy name Zac is of Hebrew origin and is used in English language, meaning of Zac is "Yahweh Remembers"
- Malke - Origin of Offbeat Malke is in Hebrew is a girl name, meaning of Malke is "Efficient, Queen and A Queen". Malke is derivation of Malka.
Namesakes of Johnston
- Johnston Forbes-Robertson, English actor and theatre manager
- Johnston Drummond, early settler of Western Australia
- Johnston Murray, American lawyer and the 14th governor of Oklahoma
- Johnston Blakeley, officer
- Johnston McCulley, author of hundreds of stories, fifty novels
- Johnston Cornish, American Democratic Party politician
- Johnston de Peyster, soldier