Gianni meaning and origin
Used in Hindi, Gujarati and Italian cherished, Gianni is used as a unisex name and is rooted from Hebrew, Gianni means "The Lord is Gracious, Knowledgeable, Yahweh is Gracious or God is Merciful". Gianni is form of trendy, biblical and timeless John. John is shortened form of Johannes. John is equivalent of Johannes in English and German languages. John's meaning is Yahweh is Gracious and God has Been Gracious: has Shown Favor In the Bible John the Baptist Baptized Christ In the Jordan is originated from Hebrew. Gianni is short form of Giovanni. Giovanni is version of lofty, biblical and unfading John. Giovanni is form of Jean in Italian language. Also Giovanni is equivalent of Johannes in Italian language. Giovanni is also Italian cognate of Johannes. Giovanni means Yahweh is Gracious and God is Merciful has origin in Hebrew.. Gianni is celebrated on December 27th.
Variants of GianniNames that rhyme with Gianni
Popularity of Gianni
a popular name in United States with over 12332 new-borns have been given the name since 1962. At present peaking at the charts, 745 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 416th position. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 2 times A common name in France with over 6600 new-borns have been given the name since 1950. Presently the name is rising, in 2013, the moniker grabbed the 223rd spot and 304 baby boys were given the name. Also, In Belgium, Gianni was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 1185 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1998,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years.
Gianni is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 445 on boy names chart when 47 babies were named Gianni. There are over 361 babies that have been given the name Gianni in England and Wales. Gianni is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 313 people have been named Gianni in Switzerland.
But an extremely popular name in Italy where every 1 in 600 have the name. At least, 130000 people globally have carried Gianni as their given name according to our estimate.
Gianni in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Gianni?
It hurts even being around evil people because you are so sensitive to evil and injustice. Injustice pisses you off. You need to open up to new adventures and experiences. You need to acquire personal independence and hit the road of success. You can live your dream life only if you put your mind to it. Focus on what makes your heart happy. You are compassionate and always put other people's needs before yours.
Looking for names similar to Gianni? Please go through the following names
- Malkiel - The curious and fresh boy name Malkiel has origin in Hebrew, Malkiel means "God is My King" is substantially used in Hebrew
- Jeannou means God is Merciful has its origin in Hebrew
- Maryvon - Meaning of Maryvon is Shrub, Ye or Sea came from Hebrew
- Sailee - Meaning of Sailee is Name of Flower or Shadow of Lord Sai is a girl name which came from Hebrew is used notably in Tamil, Bengali and Telugu
- Ronni - Curious unisex name Ronni is used notably in Swedish, Danish and Finnish, meaning of Ronni is "One who Brings Victory or True Image" is rooted from Hebrew
Namesakes of Gianni
- Gianni De Michelis, Italian politician
- Gianni Rodari, Italian writer and journalist
- Gianni Coscia, Italian jazz accordionist
- Gianni Giansanti, long-time photographer of Pope John Paul II
- Gianni Bellocchi, researcher in agricultural and related sciences
- Gianni Rufini, was born in Rome, Italy in 1954
- Gianni Meccia, Italian actor, composer, and singer
- Gianni Di Venanzo, distinguished Italian cinematographer
- Gianni Celati, Italian writer, translator and literary critic
- Gianni Bettini, gentleman inventor and a pioneer audiophile
- Gianni Clerici, Italian tennis commentator and journalist
- Gianni Bonichon, Italian bobsledder
- Gianni Danzi, Italian Roman Catholic Archbishop of the Territorial Prelature of Loreto
- Gianni Vattimo, Italian philosopher and politician
- Gianni Agnelli, influential Italian industrialist and principal shareholder of Fiat
- Gianni Versace, fashion designer
- Gianni Rivera, Italian politician and former footballer
- Gianni Morbidelli, Italian racing driver
- Gianni Guigou, retired Uruguayan footballer
- Gianni Pittella, Italian politician
- Gianni Amelio, Italian film director
- Gianni Brera, Italian sports journalist and novelist
- Gianni Paladini, former chairman of Queens Park Rangers football club after replacing Bill Power
- Gianni Motta, Italian former bicycle racer
- Gianni Romme, Dutch marathoner and a former long track speed skater
- Gianni Baget Bozzo, Italian Catholic priest and politician
- Gianni Morandi, Italian pop singer, actor and entertainer
- Gianni De Fraja, Professor of Economics at the University of Nottingham
- Gianni Russo, American actor and singer
- Gianni Letta, Italian journalist and politician
- Gianni Zuiverloon, Dutch footballer
- Gianni Garko, Italian actor
- Gianni Carabelli, : 46
- Gianni Iapichino, Italian athletics coach and former pole vaulter
- Gianni Stecchi, retired Italian pole vaulter
- Gianni Munari, Italian footballer
- Gianni Caldana, Italian athlete
- Gianni Infantino, Swiss–Italian football administrator and the current president of FIFA
- Gianni A. Sarcone, visual artist and an author of columns and articles for newspapers and magazines featuring visual puzzles and mathematical brain teasers
- Gianni De Biasi, Italian football coach and former player
- Gianni Vignaduzzi, retired track cyclist from Canada
- Gianni Meersman, Belgian former professional road bicycle racer for
- Gianni Ghidini, road racing cyclist from Italy
- Gianni Lancia, Italian automobile engineer
- Gianni Ocleppo, Italian retired professional tennis player
- Gianni Faresin, Italian former road bicycle racer
- Giannina Facio in Gladiator as Actress
- Gianni Bugno was an Italian rider on the road, professional from 1985 to 1998. Versatile rider, able to excel in both one-day and Grand Vuelta races.
- In 1949, Gianni Appelius characterized the role of Bubi di Primaporta in comedy movie L'imperatore di Capri.
- In 1999 comedy, romance flick, La via degli angeli, Gianni Cavina portrayed Loris' brother.
- In 1980, Gianni Dei portrayed the role of Patrick Herschell in horror film Patrick vive ancora.
- Gianni Demartiis portrayed important character of Carlo in 1995 drama, romance movie Provocation.
- In 2011 comedy, romance movie, Gianni e le donne, Gianni Di Gregorio played Giovanni Brandani detto Gianni.
- In 1971, Gianni Di Luigi played the role of N in drama, fantasy movie Veruschka - poesia di una donna.
- In 1982 comedy, drama movie, Plata dulce, Gianni Lunadei characterized Arteche.
- In 1981 crime, drama movie, Il cappotto di legno, Gianni Manera played Tony Talascio.
- Gianni Nazzaro characterized central character of Fabrizio in 1971 musical movie Venga a fare il soldato da noi.
- Gianni Pettenati characterized the leading character of Stefano Quaranta in 1968 comedy, musical flick I ragazzi di Bandiera Gialla.
- Gianni Zullo played the crucial role of I Brutos in 1964 comedy, western film I magnifici brutos del West.
- In 1956 film, San Remo canta, Gianni Mazzocchi portrayed N.
Lists having Gianni
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (1998)
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Knowledgeable
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Merciful