Kai name meaning
On This Page
What does Kai mean?
Kai is a popular unisex name of Welsh, Scandinavian, and Hawaiian origin. In Hawaiian, kai means "sea" or "ocean". Kai is also a common Chinese surname.
The name Kai has been rising in popularity in the United States in recent years.
It was the 71st most popular name for boys in 2021 and the 770th most popular name for girls.
There are many famous people with the name Kai, including the Chinese-American actor Kai Bradley Cooper and the Japanese-American tennis player Michael Chang.
If you're looking for a unique baby name that's sure to stand out, Kai is a great choice.
Not only is it a beautiful name, but it also has a range of meanings in different cultures. Kai can be short for Kali or Kailash, which are both popular Hindu names.
Alternatively, it could be derived from the Welsh meaning "clear" or the Hawaiian meaning "sea." Whatever your reasoning for choosing Kai as a baby name, you can be sure that it will be special and meaningful to your child.
How do I pronounce Kai?
You can pronounce the one syllabled name Kai as kai.
Variants of Kai
Nicknames for Kai
Since baby name Kai is such a short name, it is hard to converge any further but we managed scrape out few options:Names that rhyme with Kai
How popular is the name Kai?
a popular name in United States with over 45703 new-borns have been given the name since 1926. Presently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 113rd spot and 3421 baby boys were given the name.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 20 times Also, Kai was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 20607 babies have been named Kai since 1996.
At the peak of its usage in 2003, the moniker grabbed the 56th spot and 1308 baby boys were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 43 years but still performing better than most of the names.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 21 times
Kai is a rare baby name in France however it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Kai is extremely popular in China where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in Germany.
Also the baby name is popular in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Sierra Leone, Laos, South Sudan, Japan and India. At least, 3210000 people globally have carried Kai as their given name according to our estimate.
What numbers say about Kai?
You can't stand watching innocent souls suffering because of the cruelty of humanity. Focus on what's important to you rather than focusing on making other people content. You like to help people but refuse help when it comes to your life struggles. Your failures motivate you. Your personality number reflects your naivety and sincere approach. You have 3 as your expression number it reveals your positive attitude toward life.
Looking for names similar to Kai? Please go through the following names
- Carna means War Horn or Goddess of Flesh is used mostly in Hebrew, Swedish and Danish is a girl name has its origin in Hebrew and Latin
- Leonice - Originated from Latin and Old Greek, Long standing and Prevalent Leonice is particulary used in English is used for baby girls. Leonice is English equivalent of Leandra. Also Leonice is equivalent of Leona in English language
- Titienne means Title of Honor is originated from Latin
- Lauraline - The Lauraline is of Latin origin, Lauraline means "Laurel"
- Longin - Longin's meaning is Similar to a Roman Family Name or Long is used mostly in Polish has its origin in Latin is given to boys
Famous people named Kai
- Kai Nielsen, is professor emeritus of philosophy at the University of Calgary
- Kai Donner, Finnish linguist, ethnographer and politician
- Kai Larsen, Danish botanist
- Kai Warner, a German bandleader and musician
- Kai, Asian-American R&B musical group
- Kai Knudsen, Norwegian judge and politician for the Labour Party
- Kai Paulsen, Norwegian journalist, photographer
- Kai Ove Stokkeland, Norwegian football midfielder
- Kai Fjell, Norwegian painter, printmaker and scenographer
- Kai Wiesinger, German actor
- Kai Røberg, Norwegian professional football midfielder
- Kai Linnilä, Finnish editor and the writer of many non-fiction books as well as the husband of the novelist Kaari Utrio
- Kai Diekmann, German journalist
- Kai Siegbahn, Swedish physicist
- Kai Winding, Danish-born American trombonist and jazz composer
- Kai Budde, semi-retired professional Magic: The Gathering player
- Kai Hansen, heavy metal guitarist and vocalist
- Kai Krause, German software and graphical user interface designer
- Kai Holst, Norwegian seaman
- Kai Tracid, trance DJ and producer
- Kai Ryssdal, American radio journalist and the host of 'Marketplace'
- Kai Hahto, Finnish musician and drummer
- Kai Erik Herlovsen, Norwegian football coach and former player
- Kai Bird, American author and columnist
- Kai Eckhardt, German born musician and composer
- Kai Haaskivi, retired Finnish soccer player
- Kai Michalke, is retired German professional football forward
- Kai Owen, Welsh actor of stage and screen
- Kai Arne Engelstad, former speed skater from Norway
- Kai Lehtinen, Finnish actor best known for his work
- Kai Ho, Hong Kong barrister
- Kai Althoff, German visual artist and musician
- Kai Suikkanen, retired Finnish professional ice hockey left wing
- Kai Nurminen, retired Finnish ice hockey forward
- Kai Johansen, Danish professional football defender
- Kai Normann Andersen, Danish composer
- Kai Fagaschinski, He is self-taught
- Kai Reus, Dutch former professional road bicycle racer
- Kai Atō, Japanese actor and television personality
- Kai Niemi, is former international motorcycle speedway rider
Lists having Kai
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hawaiian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2017)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Fight