Kathleen name meaning
On This Page
What does Kathleen mean?
Kathleen means Form of Catherine or Clear is prevalently used in Irish, Gaelic, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, English and Norwegian has its roots in Old Greek is used for both genders. Kathleen is variation of eminent and pious Caitlin.
Caitlin is version of commonly accepted Karine. Caitlin is resultant of Catherine. Caitlin is form of Katharina in Irish language. Also Caitlin is form of Catheline, an Old French Form of Katharina in English and Gaelic languages.
Meaning of Caitlin is The Pure and Girls has its origin in Old Greek. Kathleen is celebrated on 25th of November or the 29th of April.
What do we think of Kathleen as a name for a newborn?
Kathleen is a popular baby girl name that originated from Ireland and it means pure. It has been a beloved name for centuries and is often associated with qualities of innocence, purity, and grace.
Kathleen also has an elegant sound to it that adds to its charm. One of the special things about this name is that it can be shortened into various cute nicknames such as Kathy, Kate or Kat.
Additionally, Kathleen has cultural significance in Ireland as it's considered one of the most traditional Irish names for girls. The name suits perfectly for parents who are looking for a classic and timeless name with beautiful characteristics associated with it.
How do I pronounce Kathleen?
The most common pronunciation of three syllabled Kathleen is kath-LEEN;kat-LEEN. The other ways to say the name is k(a)-th-leen.
Variants of KathleenNames that rhyme with Kathleen
How popular is the name Kathleen?
Kathleen was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 713595 babies have been given the given name in 211 years. When at its peak in 1949, 26719 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 9th position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 211 years but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 4 times
In England and Wales, Kathleen was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 1753 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 1996,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Also, A common name in Ireland having over 6147 recievers in 56 years of usage.
Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1965, the moniker grabbed the 18th spot and 319 baby girls were given the name. Also, Kathleen used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1916 and over 5035 babies have been given the name in 75 years.
When at its peak in 1990,. But after 75 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. Also, In New South Wales, Kathleen was once a common name since emerging in 1952 it has been given to over 5792 babies.
When at its peak in 1952,. After 35 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Kathleen used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 1960 and over 2021 babies have been given the name in 31 years.
When at its peak in 1965,. After 31 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Kathleen is a familiar baby name in Western Australia during its short run, it been to the top 100 names.
In 1930, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 8 on girl names chart when 83 babies were given the name Kathleen. Over 199 people have been named Kathleen in Western Australia.
In Belgium, Kathleen is a unique name where it has been in use since 1995 and has secured the place in top 300 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 284 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Kathleen.
Over 284 babies in Belgium have been named Kathleen.
However things change on global perspective, Kathleen is extremely popular in England where every 1 in 400 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Canada, Philippines, Scotland, South Africa, Northern Ireland, Germany, Australia and Wales.
According to our findings, at least 1200000 people have been bestowed Kathleen around the globe.
Kathleen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Kathleen?
Your life dream is to become a role model and inspire people. You have a strong will to succeed and survive on your own. You always dress as you feel at the moment. You are all about adventure and travel. Working hard often drains your energy but you always find time to recharge your batteries without anyone noticing you are gone. To get through emotional breakdowns faster and learn something from it, is by feeling how you are supposed to feel, instead of ignoring it.
If you like Kathleen, you would love these names
- Alejandro - Specifically used in Danish, Finnish and Spanish durable and noteworthy, Alejandro is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Alejandro is "Defender of Men, Defender of Men or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" came from Spanish, Old Greek and English
- Narcisa - Meaning of Narcisa is Sleep or Numbness is predominantly used in Italian and Romanian and is aimed at baby girls is originated from Old Greek
- Katarin principally is used in Danish and English, meaning of Katarin is "Dear, Pretty and The Pure" that originated from Old Greek is a girl name. Katarin is derivative of Karine.
- Balen - Uncustomary and Fresh boy name Balen came from Old Greek which is especially used in Tamil language, meaning of Balen is "Little Boy"
- Anastacia - Eminent and Ever lasting girl name Anastacia means "Resurrection", especially used in Norwegian and English has origin in Old Greek
Middle names for Kathleen
Some great options for prospering and celebrated middle names to go with Kathleen.
View more middle names that goes with Kathleen.
Famous people named Kathleen
- Kathleen Ferrier, English contralto singer
- Kathleen Battle, American operatic soprano
- Kathleen Raine, British poet, critic and scholar, writing
- Kathleen Best, first director of the Women's Royal Australian Army Corps
- Kathleen O'Meara, former Irish Labour Party politician
- Kathleen Hale, British artist, illustrator, and children's author
- Kathleen Smet, athlete from Belgium who competes in triathlon
- Kathleen Norris, American novelist and newspaper columnist
- Kathleen Mannington Caffyn, Irish-Australian novelist
- Kathleen Lane, Big Band singer in the 1930s and 1940s
- Kathleen Hirsch, American author
- Kathleen Eaton Cannell, Paris-based American dance and fashion correspondent for major U.S. papers and periodicals
- Kathleen P. King, American author and educator
- Kathleen A. Blatz, former Minnesota judge and politician
- Kathleen Ann Goonan, American science fiction writer
- Kathleen O'Connor, Irish former Clann na Poblachta politician
- Kathleen Cassello, American opera singer
- Kathleen McGowan, American author
- Kathleen M. Blee, professor of sociology and Bettye J. and Ralph E. Bailey Dean of the Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences and the College of General Studies at the University of Pittsburgh
- Kathleen Tynan, Canadian-British journalist, author
- Kathleen A. McGrath, first woman to command a United States Navy warship
- Kathleen Fraser, contemporary poet
- Kathleen Luong, Vietnamese American actress and model
- Kathleen Raven, British nurse, matron, government health official
- Kathleen Norris, poet and essayist
- Kathleen Lynn, Irish Sinn Féin politician
- Kathleen O'Callaghan, Irish Sinn Féin politician and academic
- Kathleen Higgins, American Professor of Philosophy at the University of Texas at Austin where she has been teaching for over twenty years
- Kathleen Warner, A multi-talented woman, she was during the course of her life a medical student, pianist, singer, actress, dancer
- Kathleen Lindsay, English author of romance novels
- Kathleen Baskin-Ball, ordained elder in the United Methodist Church
- Kathleen O'Neal Gear, American writer
- Kathleen Simon, Viscountess Simon, British slavery abolitionist
- Kathleen Finneran, American author
- Kathleen Peirce, American poet
- Kathleen Winters, American author and aviator
- Kathleen Ollerenshaw, British mathematician and politician
- Kathleen Lonsdale, British crystallographer who proved, in 1929
- Kathleen Antonelli, Irish-American computer programmer and one of the six original programmers of the ENIAC
- Kathleen Taylor, popular science author and a research scientist
- Kathleen Kenyon, leading British archaeologist of Neolithic culture
- Kathleen Turner, American film and stage actress and director
- Kathleen Winsor, American author
- Kathleen Hanna, American singer, musician, artist
- Kathleen Blanco, American politician
- Kathleen Sebelius, American businesswoman and politician
- Kathleen Richardson, Baroness Richardson of Calow, British Methodist Minister
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, American attorney
- Kathleen Robertson, Canadian actress
- Kathleen Kennedy, American film producer
- Kathleen Edwards, Canadian singer-songwriter and musician
- Kathleen Scott, British sculptor
Lists having Kathleen
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -leen
- Girl names that starts with Kat
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1990)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1999)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1990)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1993)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1934)
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Clear
- Baby Names that mean Virginal