Alejandro name meaning
On This Page
What does Alejandro mean?
Widespread and Perpetual Alejandro has its origin in Old Greek, Spanish and English is used as a unisex name, Alejandro means "Defender of Men or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" is substantially used in Swedish, Spanish, Finnish, Danish and Norwegian.
Alejandro is Spanish and English cognate of Alexander.
Does Alejandro sound like a good baby name?
Alejandro is a popular name for baby boys with Spanish roots. It has a strong and powerful sound, which perfectly complements the meaning of the name.
As its origin suggests, Alejandro means defender, making it an ideal choice for parents looking to give their child a name that represents courage and strength. What's more, this name can be easily shortened to Alex or Ale, giving kids the freedom to go by whichever nickname they prefer as they grow older.
Overall, Alejandro is a timeless classic that will suit any boy and make them feel confident in themselves.
How do I pronounce Alejandro?
The three syllabled name Alejandro is pronounced, a-lejand-ro. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., al(e)-jan-dro.
Variants of AlejandroNames that rhyme with Alejandro
How popular is the name Alejandro?
Alejandro was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1885 around 134111 babies have been given the given name. At the peak of its usage in 1999, 4554 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 88th position.
However after 166 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 10 times Also, Alejandro is a very popular in Spain where over 93188 new-borns have been given the name since 2002.
When at its peak in 2002, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 8020 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 13 times
Alejandro is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 722 on boy names chart when 41 babies were named Alejandro. There are over 566 babies that have been given the name Alejandro in England and Wales.
Also, in France, it has been in use since 1949 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1970, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 737 on boy names chart when 38 babies were named Alejandro.
Over 559 babies in France have been named Alejandro. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 197 on boy names chart when 38 babies were named Alejandro.
Over 494 babies in Switzerland have been named Alejandro. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 315 on boy names chart when 37 babies were named Alejandro.
Over 437 babies in Belgium have been named Alejandro.
Alejandro is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Alejandro is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Argentina, Peru and Philippines.
Also the baby name is popular in Chile, Colombia, Venezuela, Guatemala, Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama and El Salvador. According to our evaluation, over 2040000 babies have been named Alejandro globally.
Alejandro in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Alejandro
You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. Unfortunately, you are not a keeper because you don't know how to love a person. Once someone becomes a part of your past, there's no way of coming back. You aren't born to follow. You are born to lead. You like to be in charge of your life and can't stand bossy people. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong.
Do you like Alejandro? Read these names too
- Sirana - The Sirana is of Greek origin, meaning of Sirana is "Master or Lord"
- Demetri - Prominent Demetri is originated from Old Greek is used majorly in Finnish and Swedish given to both genders, Demetri means "Dedicated to Demeter"
- Anisja - Originated from Greek, Anisja is used mostly in Swedish and Finnish is used normally as a baby girl name. Anisja is form of The Greek Word Ánysis = Fulfilment in Russian language
- Pelagios - Meaning of Pelagios is Of the Sea used for boys which originated from Old Greek is used predominantly in Greek
- Noortje primarily is used in Dutch, meaning of Noortje is "Foreign" which originated from Old Provençal and Old Greek is given to girls
Sibling Names for Alejandro
Choosing the perfect name for your baby can be an exciting yet challenging task. If you have decided on the name Alejandro, you may be wondering what to name their siblings. Here are some ideas for sibling names that perfectly complement the name Alejandro, each with its own unique charm and meaning.
Sister to Alejandro
Names for Alejandro's brother
Famous people named Alejandro
- Alejandro González Malavé, Puerto Rican undercover agent
- Alejandro Agustín Lanusse, president of the Argentine Republic between March 22, 1971
- Alejandro M. Sinibaldi, was acting President of Guatemala
- Alejandro Orfila, Argentine retired career diplomat
- Alejandro Viñao, Argentinian composer currently living
- Alejandro Velasco Astete, Peruvian pilot
- Alejandro María Aguado, 1st Marquis of the Guadalquivir Marshes, Spanish banker
- Alejandro Domínguez Coello, Mexican police officer
- Alejandro Planchart, Venezuelan-American musicologist, conductor
- Alejandro Jara, Deputy Director-General of the World Trade Organization
- Alejandro Portes, prominent Cuban-American sociologist
- Alejandro Casañas, former Cuban hurdler
- Alejandro Zohn, Mexican architect
- Alejandro Rossi, Italian-Venezuelan writer
- Alejandro Chataing, important Venezuelan architect
- Alejandro Hernández, tennis player from Mexico
- Alejandro López, Mexican race walker
- Alejandro Wiebe, Argentine TV host
- Alejandro Lozano, Spanish artist, painter and mosaic muralist
- Alejandro Aguinaga, Peruvian physician and fujimorist politician
- Alejandro García Caturla, Cuban composer of art music and creolized Cuban themes
- Alejandro López de Haro, Venezuelan photographer, writer and stockbroker
- Alejandro Urgelles Guibot, basketball player from Cuba,
- Alejandro Serrano, Ecuadorian politician and sports leader
- Alejandro Melchor, Filipino civil engineer, mathematician, educator
- Alejandro Fuentes, singer
- Alejandro José Suárez Luzardo, Venezuelan politician and lawyer
- Alejandro Romualdo, Peruvian poet of the 20th century
- Alejandro Suárez, Mexican former long-distance runner
- Alejandro Abellan, Canadian film and television actor
- Alejandro Sieveking, Chilean playwright, theatre director and actor
- Alejandro Gutiérrez del Barrio, Spanish born musician and score composer
- Alejandro Calvo García, After unsuccessfully emerging through Real Sociedad's youth ranks and playing with amateurs SD Beasain
- Alejandro Cárdenas, retired track & field athlete from Mexico
- Alejandro Illescas, Mexican voice actor
- Alejandro Amaya, Mexican matador
- Alejandro Bustillo, Argentine painter and architect
- Alejandro Kuropatwa, famous Argentine photographer
- Alejandro Zaffaroni, serial entrepreneur
- Alejandro Korn, Argentine psychiatrist, philosopher
- Alejandro Toledo, Peruvian politician
- Alejandro Jodorowsky, Chilean-French filmmaker
- Alejandro Amenábar, Spanish and Chilean film director
- Alejandro Dolina, Argentine broadcaster,
- Alejandro Lerroux, Spanish politician
- Alejandro Fernández, Mexican singer
- Alejandro Tapia y Rivera, Puerto Rican poet, playwright, essayist and writer
- Alejandro Sanz, Spanish singer, songwriter and musician
- Alejandro González Iñárritu, Mexican film director, producer, and screenwriter
- Alejandro Rey, Argentine-American actor and television director
- Alejandro Moreno, retired Venezuelan footballer
- Alejandro Carrión, poet, novelist and journalist
Lists having Alejandro
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Ale
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2006)
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Men
- Baby Names that mean Wards