Ken name meaning
On This Page
What does Ken mean?
Darling Ken notably is used in German, English, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Japanese, Swedish, Greenlandic and Scottish is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Ken is "Handsome, Form of Kenneth or Beautiful and Wealthy" came from Celtic and Old English.
Ken is variation of imperishable and well-liked Kenneth. Kenneth is a variant of Cinàed. Also Kenneth is variant form of Cainnech. Originated from Celtic and Old Irish, Prevalent Kenneth, Kenneth means "Royal Oath and Handsome".
Ken is short of Kendall. Frequently Used Kendall specifically is used in English, meaning of Kendall is "Light from the Valley the Stem End and Exalted Effigy" came from Old English.
Ken is short form of Kendrick. Kendrick is variant of The Scottish Gaelic Surname Mac Eanraig Meaning Son of Eanraig. Kendrick means Fearless Leader and High Summit Greatest Champion is originated from Celtic.
Ken is short version of Kenyon. Meaning of Kenyon is Ennions Mound is rooted from Old English. Ken is short version of Kenyon.. Ken is celebrated on July 17th.
How do I pronounce Ken?
The one syllabled name Ken is commonly pronounced as ken.
Variants of KenNames that rhyme with Ken
How popular is the name Ken?
Ken was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1900 around 32731 babies have been given the given name. When at the peak of its usage in 1960, the moniker grabbed the 177th spot and 1779 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 115 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 39 times Ken used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1989 and over 327 babies have been given the name in 16 years.
At the peak of its usage in 1989,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 16 years.
Ken is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 22 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 165 babies in England and Wales have been named Ken. However things change on global perspective, Ken is extremely popular in Japan where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in Canada.
Also the baby name is popular in Australia, England, Malaysia, Kenya, Cambodia, Vietnam, Ghana, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines and Papua New Guinea. As per our research, over 920000 people has been named Ken globally.
Ken in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Ken?
The sky is your only limit. The soul is more important to you than your body. In fact, you are known as the original weirdo who creates cool stuff. You know yourself so well, that you always find a way to keep yourself amused. You stay true to your opinion and beliefs. Financial security doesn't matter to you much. Neither does a steady love life. You prefer your solitude over socializing but keep in touch with people so you teach them what you know.
Go through the following names similar to Ken
- Erouan - The Erouan came from Celtic, meaning of Erouan is "Shrub or Yew"
- Gena - Long standing and Preeminent Genas origin is Celtic and Native, meaning of Gena is "River Mouth, Race and Woman and Jennifer" is a baby girl name. Gena is resultant of Geneva.
- Yvon - Primarily used in Finnish, Swedish and English unexpected, Yvon is originated from Celtic and Germanic and is bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Yvon is "Yew or Shrub"
- Khayla - Meaning of Khayla is Crowned with Laurels used for baby girls is originated from Hebrew, Old Greek and Celtic
- Aed came from Celtic, meaning of Aed is "Fiery" is a baby boy name is chiefly used in English
Middle names for Ken
Some great options for progressing and prevailing middle names to go with Ken.
View more middle names that goes with Ken.
Famous people named Ken
- Ken Whyld, British chess author and researcher
- Ken Roberts, Canadian librarian and children's writer
- Ken Morse, British rostrum camera operator
- Ken Wiwa, Nigerian journalist and author
- Ken Batcher, emeritus professor of Computer Science at Kent State University
- Ken Keyes Jr., Ken Keyes Jr
- Ken Uprichard, athlete from New Zealand, who competes in archery
- Ken Shirley, former New Zealand politician
- Ken Lim, album producer, composer, publisher
- Ken MacMaster, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Ken Dillen, Canadian politician and political activist
- Ken Kelly, American fantasy artist
- Ken Osmond, American actor and retired policeman
- Ken Alibek, former Soviet physician, microbiologist
- Ken Grimes, American artist born in 1947 in New York City
- Ken Schaffer, American inventor and former publicist
- Ken Bradshaw, American professional surfer and winner of the 1982 Duke Kahanamoku Invitational Surfing Championship
- Ken Babstock, Canadian poet
- Ken Musgrave, professor at The George Washington University
- Ken Maynard, Australian cartoonist
- Ken Rockburn, Canadian radio and television journalist and host
- Ken Weaver, former NASCAR driver from Dallas, Texas
- Ken Sprague, English socialist political cartoonist
- Ken Hechtman, freelance journalist from Canada
- Ken Whyte, Canadian telecom executive and journalist living
- Ken Warby, Australian motorboat racer,
- Ken Jennings, American stage actor most famous for his role as Tobias Ragg
- Ken Babbs, famous Merry Prankster
- Ken Brown, American filmmaker, photographer, cartoonist
- Ken Quinnell, screenwriter and director
- Ken Goodman, is Professor Emeritus
- Ken Auletta, American writer
- Ken Colbung, Aboriginal Australian leader
- Ken Brewer, American poet and longtime scholar
- Ken Hodcroft, managing director of Increased Oil Recovery and is the former chairman of Hartlepool United F.C.
- Ken Hom, American chef
- Ken Beatrice, American radio personality
- Ken McElroy, resident of Skidmore, Nodaway County, Missouri
- Ken Belford, Canadian poet
- Ken Jackson, General Secretary of the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union
- Ken Lightner, game designer with experience in multiple fields
- Ken Coates, British politician and writer
- Ken Riddington, British television producer
- Ken Bowersox, United States Navy officer
- Ken Sakamura, Japanese professor and dean of the Faculty of Information Networking for Innovation and Design at Toyo University
- Ken Mattingly, former American naval officer and aviator, aeronautical engineer
- Ken Perlin, professor
- Ken Goldberg, American artist, writer, inventor
- Ken Money, Senior Scientist at the Defence and Civil Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Ken Kesey, American novelist, essayist
- Ken MacLeod, Scottish science fiction writer
- Ken Starr, American lawyer
- Ken Griffey Jr., George Kenneth Griffey Jr
- Ken Dodd, English comedian, singer and occasional actor
Lists having Ken
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Japanese Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Ken
- Baby Names that mean Handsome
- Baby Names that mean Fire
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Wealthy