Leonardo name meaning
On This Page
What does Leonardo mean?
Originated from Germanic, Old High German and Latin, Well-Known and Enduring Leonardo is predominantly used in Danish, English, Norwegian, Swedish, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish and Spanish and is bestowed upon both sexes, Leonardo means "Lion, Brave, Hardy or Strong".
Leonardo is variant form of preeminent and conifer Leo. Leo is variant of widespread and enduring Leona. Also Leo is variation of Its Variants. Leo is also variation of Germanic Names Containing the Name Element Lew.
Leo is short of Leonhard. Also Leo is an abridged form of Leopold. Origin of Eminent and Ever lasting Leo is in Hawaiian and Czech, Leo means "Folk, Brave and Strong".
Leonardo is variation of imperishable and admired Leonard. Leonard is variation of Léonard and Leonhard. Leonard's meaning is Like a Lion and Strong as the Lion is rooted from Old High German and Germanic.
Leonardo is equivalent of Leonhard in Spanish, Italian and Portuguese languages.
How do I pronounce Leonardo?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Leonardo as le(o)-nar-do. leon(a)-rdo is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Leonardo
Nicknames for Leonardo
Here is the list of Common nicknames for the given name Leonardo:Names that rhyme with Leonardo
How popular is the name Leonardo?
Leonardo is a popular name in United States given to over 67303 babies in 135 years. At present the name is rising, in 2018, 4310 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 92nd position.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 3 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 4084 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Recently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 119th spot and 504 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 20 times Also, Leonardo is a very popular in Italy where over 96104 new-borns have been given the name since 1999.
Currently at its peak, 7690 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times
A common name in France having over 1878 recievers in 80 years of usage.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 377th when 102 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Leonardo used to be a common name in Spain, first appeared in 2019 and over 332 babies have been given the name in 1 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2019,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Leonardo was a common name in Switzerland. Over 2441 babies have been named Leonardo since 1998.
When at its peak in 2017,. However after 21 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Leonardo is a familiar baby name in New South Wales, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 99 babies were given Leonardo and it reached its peak ranking, 91 on boy names chart. Over 190 people have been named Leonardo in New South Wales. Also, in Victoria, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2018, 83 babies were given Leonardo and it reached its peak ranking, 79 on boy names chart. Over 151 babies in Victoria have been named Leonardo.
In Ireland, Leonardo is a unique name where it has been in use since 2002 and has secured the place in top 300 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 202 on boy names chart when 26 babies were named Leonardo. Over 187 people have been named Leonardo in Ireland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 400 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 398 on boy names chart when 40 babies were named Leonardo. Over 124 babies in Netherlands have been named Leonardo. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 261 on boy names chart when 44 babies were named Leonardo. There are over 434 babies that have been given the name Leonardo in Belgium.
Leonardo is a rare baby name in Spain still in use today. Over 332 babies in Spain have been named Leonardo. And also in New South Wales. Over 190 babies in New South Wales have been named Leonardo.
And also in Victoria. Over 151 people have been named Leonardo in Victoria. However things change on global perspective, Leonardo is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in, Philippines, Mexico and Argentina.
Also the baby name is popular in Colombia, Venezuela, Cuba, Mozambique, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Angola, Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Guatemala, Indonesia, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Honduras. At least, 1340000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Leonardo in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Leonardo
You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way. Love is most important in your life. You always do it with a purpose, and that's to teach others what you've learned. You are always being straight. The only way to cope with people, who don't take you seriously and allow themselves to break your heart, is letting go and forgetting. You hate being closely observed and have all eyes on you because of your low self-esteem.
Looking for a name like Leonardo? Please go through the following names
- Nataleah - Nataleah's meaning is Birth and To be Born-from Natalia is of Latin and English origin is a baby girl name. Nataleah is resultant of Natalie.
- Crescencio - The odd boy name Crescencio has origin in Latin, Crescencio means "He who Constantly Increases His Virtue"
- Lélia is originated from Latin, Lélia means "Closing or Key"
- Valentius - Boy name Valentius is used in Finnish, meaning of Valentius is "Healthy, Strong" came from Latin
- Kordelia means Cor, Little Hearts or Too: the Latest Developed mainly used for baby girls is originated from Latin is principally used in Swedish, Finnish and German
Famous people named Leonardo
- Leonardo Bruni, Italian humanist, historian and statesman
- Leonardo Torres y Quevedo, Spanish civil engineer and mathematician of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries
- Leonardo Vinci, Italian composer, best known for his operas
- Leonardo Leo, Neapolitan Baroque composer
- Leonardo Agostini, Italian antiquary of the 17th century
- Leonardo Balada, Spanish American classical composer
- Leonardo Cimino, American film
- Leonardo de Lozanne, Mexican singer-songwriter
- Leonardo Rodríguez Alcaine, Mexican trade union leader and a long-serving legislator of the Institutional Revolutionary Party
- Leonardo Pereznieto, Mexican artist, sculptor, and painter
- Leonardo Sinisgalli, Italian poet and art critic active
- Leonardo Vitetti, Italian diplomat
- Leonardo de Mango, Italian painter active for most of his career
- Leonardo Argüello Barreto, Nicaraguan politician who, after several attempts
- Leonardo Fioravanti, Italian automobile designer and CEO of Fioravanti Srl
- Leonardo Muraro, Italian Venetist politician
- Leonardo III Tocco, last ruler of Epirus, from 1448 to 1479
- Leonardo Antonelli, Italian Cardinal in the Roman Catholic Church
- Leonardo Vitale, member of the Sicilian Mafia
- Leonardo Chiariglione, Italian
- Leonardo Simão, Mozambican politician
- Leonardo Di Cesare, Argentine producer, film director
- Leonardo Corona, Italian painter of the Renaissance period
- Leonardo da Pistoia, Italian painter of the Mannerism school
- Leonardo Messina, former Sicilian mafioso
- Leonardo Patrasso, Italian Franciscan and Cardinal
- Leonardo Castellani, Argentine priest, essayist, novelist
- Leonardo Brescia, Italian painter of the Renaissance period
- Leonardo Cavallini, Italian bobsledder who competed in the late 1960s
- Leonardo Coccorante, Italian painter
- Leonardo Alenza, Spanish painter and engraver
- Leonardo De Prunner, Italian soldier
- Leonardo Fea, Italian explorer, zoologist, painter
- Leonardo Polo, renowned Spanish philosopher best
- Leonardo Dati, Italian friar and humanist
- Leonardo Sandri, Argentine Cardinal of the Catholic Church
- Leonardo Ximenes, treccani
- Leonardo da Vinci, Italian polymath of the Renaissance whose areas of interest included invention, painting, sculpting, architecture, science, music, mathematics, engineering, literature, anatomy, geology, astronomy, botany
- Leonardo DiCaprio, American actor, film producer
- Leonardo Ortolani, Italian comics author
- Leonardo Sciascia, Sicilian writer, novelist, essayist, playwright
- Leonardo Carson, former American football defensive tackle
- Leonardo Domenici, Italian politician
- Leonardo Araújo, Brazilian former footballer
- Leonardo Del Vecchio, Italian billionaire businessman
- Leonardo Santiago, Brazilian footballer
- Leonardo Loredan, 75th doge of the Venetian Republic
- Leonardo Boff, Brazilian theologian and writer
- Leonardo Manco, Argentine comic book artist
- Leonardo Lavalle, former tennis player from Mexico
- Leonardo Conti, Reich Health Leader in Nazi Germany
- Leonardo Pisculichi, Argentine footballer
- Leonardo Padura Fuentes, Cuban novelist and journalist
- Leonardo Medeiros, Brazilian actor
- Leonardo García, Mexican actor
Lists having Leonardo
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Lion
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Hardy
- Baby Names that mean Strong