Leon name meaning
On This Page
What does Leon mean?
Leon means Lion of Naples, Symbolizing Kingliness and Grandeur and Courage, Like a Lion, Form of Leonard, Leo, The Lion or Strong is originated from Germanic, Latin and Old Greek bestowed upon both boys and girls is used chiefly in Faroese, Norwegian, Czech, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Finnish, English, Icelandic, Polish, German, Danish, Swedish, Greenlandic, French and Tamil.
Leon is variant form of immutable and celebrated Napoleon. Napoleon is variant of The Italian Town of Napoli. Napoleon means Lion of the Woodland and Son of Mist is originated from Germanic and Greek.
Leon is variant form of unfading and illustrous Leo. Leo is a version of lofty and evergreen Leona. Also Leo is a version of Its Variants. Leo is also a version of Germanic Names Containing the Name Element Lew.
Leo is a short form of Leonhard. Also Leo is diminutive of Leopold. Originated from Old Greek and Germanic, Popular and Perpetual Leo, Leo means "Lion-bold, Brave People and Brave". Leon is a short of Leonhard.
Leonhard is a variation of admired and perennial Leonard. Also Leonhard is a variant transcription of LEW;HARD. Of Germanic and Old High German origin, Admired and Perennial Leonhard, Leonhard means "Lion, Brave and Strong".
Is Leon a suitable baby name?
Leon is a baby boy name that has gained popularity in recent years. With Greek origins, this name means "lion" and is associated with strength, courage, and leadership.
The name has a timeless appeal and can be easily pronounced in many different languages, making it a versatile choice for parents with diverse cultural backgrounds. One of the most unique features of the name Leon is its strong and bold sound which gives it an air of confidence and authority.
Overall, Leon is an excellent choice for parents who want their son to embody the characteristics of a fierce and powerful lion as he grows up.
How do I pronounce Leon?
The two syllabled name Leon is pronounced, lee-awn.
Variants of Leon
Nicknames for Leon
Since the name Leon is such a short name, it is hard to converge any further but we managed scrape out few options:Names that rhyme with Leon
How popular is the name Leon?
a popular name in United States having over 168008 recievers in 234 years of usage. The moniker is on fire on the charts, in 1926, the moniker grabbed the 73rd spot and 2677 baby boys were given the name.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names an amazing 57 times Also, Leon was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 18734 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
When at its peak in 2009, the moniker grabbed the 60th spot and 1204 baby boys were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but still dominating the charts.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 21 times Also, Leon is a popular name in Sweden given to over 1883 babies in 7 years.
At its zenith in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 21st spot and 517 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 2 times
Leon was a common name in Ireland.
Over 2416 babies have been named Leon since 1974. When at the peak of its usage in 2008,. However after 34 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Also, In France, Leon was once a common name since emerging in 2010 it has been given to over 1612 babies. At its zenith in 2011,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 9 years.
Also, Leon was a common name in Switzerland. Over 957 babies have been named Leon since 1998. When at its peak in 2004,. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Also, In Netherlands, Leon was once a common name since emerging in 2015 it has been given to over 545 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2015,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Also, Leon is common in Belgium where over 2753 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 296 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 12nd position.
Also, Leon is common in New South Wales where over 339 new-borns have been given the name since 2016. Currently the name is rising, in 2019, it ranked 70th when 130 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Also, Leon used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2019 and over 109 babies have been given the name in 1 years. At its zenith in 2019,.
After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Leon is a unique baby name in Queensland during its short run, it been to the top 100 names.
In 1979, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 100 on boy names chart when 36 babies were named Leon. The moniker is a rare baby name in Queensland and may not be used now as it was last seen in 1979 and also in Victoria.
Over 109 people have been named Leon in Victoria. However things change on global perspective, Leon is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in South Africa, Mexico, England, Colombia, Benin, Madagascar, Philippines, Canada, Rwanda, Cameroon, Australia, Burundi, Peru, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique and Israel.
At least, 650000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Leon in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Leon
You believe that change affects your life positively, so you are all about changes. You believe in yourself because it's the secret to achieving your aspirations and realize your life goals. Nothing escapes your eye, your sense of smell is highly developed, such as your sense of touch. You can't imagine enjoying a normal life like many people do. In love, you act childish and don't care much about the feelings of your partner because you start relationships without falling in love first. Once you fall in love, everything changes.
Go through the following names similar to Leon
- Serena - Customary and Perpetual Serena is originated from Latin bestowed upon both sexes, Serena means "Serene or Joy" is chiefly used in Gujarati and Malayalam
- Bianca - Bianca's meaning is Glossy or The White has origin in Italian and Old French and is given to both sexes is substantially used in German and Greenlandic
- Maria - Of Hebrew origin, Famed, Leading Leading and Eternal Maria means "Star, Possible: the Bitter or Wished for Child" used for both sexes is used notably in German and Latin
- Etoile - Unfamiliar girl name Etoile means "Star" is of Latin and English origin
- Romaeus - Boy name Romaeus means "Roman, Pilgrim to Rome" has origin in Latin
Middle names for Leon
Some great options for rising and in vogue middle names to go with Leon.
View more middle names that goes with Leon.
Famous people named Leon
- Leon Schlumpf, Swiss politician and a former member of the Swiss Federal Council
- Leon Roppolo, prominent early jazz clarinetist
- Leon Rooke, Canadian novelist
- Leon Henkin, logician at the University of California, Berkeley
- Leon Mandrake, Italian-Canadian magician, mentalist, illusionist
- Leon J. Davis, Polish-born American labor leader
- Leon Abbey, American jazz violinist and bandleader
- Leon Collins, American tap dancer
- Leon Chwistek, Polish avant-garde painter, theoretician of modern art
- Leon Marchlewski, Polish chemist
- Leon Fleisher, American pianist and conductor
- Leon Wegner, Polish economist and historian
- Leon Edel, North American literary critic and biographer
- Leon Hadar, global affairs analyst, journalist
- Leon Moisseiff, leading suspension bridge engineer in the United States
- Leon Kobrin, playwright
- Leon Root, former Chief of Pediatric Orthopaedics at the Hospital for Special Surgery
- Leon Brogden, American high school football
- Leon Kieres, Polish lawyer and politician
- Leon Schiller, Polish theatre and film director
- Leon Campbell, American astronomer
- Leon Berry, was born about 1914
- Leon Thomas, Amos Leon Thomas, Jr
- Leon Fuerth, former diplomat
- Leon Pierce Clark, American psychiatrist and psychoanalyst
- Leon Orbeli, Armenian physiologist active in the Russian SFSR
- Leon Wesley Walls, American singer, songwriter, and guitarist
- Leon Benois, Russian architect from the Benois family
- Leon Rose, attorney and sports agent, based in New Jersey
- Leon Carmen, Australian author
- Leon O. Jacobson,
- Leon P. Alford, American mechanical engineer
- Leon Petrazycki, Russian and Polish philosopher
- Leon Polk Smith, American painter
- Leon Zolbrod, scholar and translator of Japanese literature and history
- Leon Litwack, American historian whose scholarship focuses on slavery
- Leon Larson, Swedish anarchist and political poet
- Leon Harmon, researcher
- Leon J. Wood, American theologian
- Leon Knopoff, geophysicist and musicologist
- Leon Jessel, German composer of operettas and light classical music pieces
- Leon Kapliński, Polish painter and political activist
- Leon Griffiths, British writer for TV and film
- Leon Green, American legal realist and long-tenured dean of Northwestern University School of Law
- Leon M. Lederman, American experimental physicist
- Leon Festinger, American social psychologist
- Leon Cooper, American physicist and Nobel Prize laureate,
- Leon Kass, American physician, scientist, educator, and public intellectual, best known as proponent of liberal education via the "Great Books," as an opponent of human cloning
- Leon Mestel, British astronomer and astrophysicist and Emeritus Professor at the University of Sussex
- Leon Kamin, American psychologist
- Leon Trotsky, Russian revolutionary, Marxist theorist
- Leon Battista Alberti, Italian humanist author, artist, architect, poet
- Leon Spinks, American former professional boxer
- Leon Czolgosz, Polish-American anarchist and former steel worker
- Leon Schlesinger, American film producer
- Leon Klinghoffer, Jewish-American, disabled and wheelchair bound,
Lists having Leon
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -eon
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1942)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1980)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Lion
- Baby Names that mean Courage
- Baby Names that mean bold
- Baby Names that mean Leo
- Baby Names that mean Strong