Lipa meaning and origin
Unusual Lipa mostly is used in Swedish, Romanian and Finnish aimed at both sexes has its origin in Old Greek. Lipa is abridged form of Philippa. Philippa is feminine of Philippus. Also Philippa is effeminate variation of Philipp. Meaning of Philippa is Horse Lover, Friend and Horse and Friend of Horses has its origin in Old Greek. Lipa is Finnish form of Liisapetti.
Variants of LipaNames that rhyme with Lipa
Popularity of Lipa
Lipa is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1958 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 2013, it ranked 2276th when 56 boy were named Lipa. Over 848 people have been named Lipa in United States. But Lipa is a popular baby name in Bangladesh where every 1 in 9000 have the name. At least, 20000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Here's what numbers has to say about Lipa
People respect you for always serving the ugly truth instead of lies. You don't care about how others see you as long as you are feeling good about yourself. You take calculated risks and take your ideas and the ideas of others seriously. When it comes to romance, you prefer to stay single and don't obsess over stupid things such as cheating, jealousy, lack of freedom and all those relationship stuff.
Do you like Lipa? You would love these names
- Cathrine - Originated from Old Greek, Popular and Perpetual Cathrine mainly bestowed upon girls, Cathrine means "The Pure" is particulary used in English and German
- Styve - The Styve has its origin in Greek, meaning of Styve is "Crowning"
- Jorje - Jorje's meaning is Earthworker, Worker of the Earth and Farmer Earthworker is used as a baby boy name. It is rooted from Old Greek is majorly used in Spanish. Jorje is resultant of George.
- Stefans - Meaning of Stefans is The Crowned, Wreath and Garland came from Old Greek and is aimed at boys is notably used in Latvian. Stefans is derived from Stephen.
- Piff has its origin in Old Greek is used as a baby girl name, Piff means "Manifestation and Epiphany". Piff is short form of Epiphany.
Namesakes of Lipa
- Lipa Schmeltzer, American Jewish singer, entertainer, and composer
Lists having Lipa
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Roman Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean Horses
- Baby Names that mean Horse
- Baby Names that mean Lover
- Baby Names that mean Consecrated
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Oath