Lisa name meaning
On This Page
What does Lisa mean?
The famous and venerable unisex name Lisa has origin in Hebrew dominantly used in English, Swedish, Finnish, Faroese, Tamil, Albanian, French, Norwegian, Greenlandic, German, Danish, Italian, Scandinavian and Dutch languages, Lisa means "Consecrated to God, Oath of God, My God is Bountiful, My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn, God is Fullness or My God is Perfect".
Lisa is version of timeless and predominant Alice. Alice is short of Adelheid. Alice is English and French cognate of Aliz. Celebrated and Perpetual Alice came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Alice is "Noble and Fighting, Nobility and Of Noble Figure".
Lisa is a variant of widespread and perennial Louisa. Louisa is version of well-liked Luise. Also Louisa is a form of commonly accepted and ever lasting Louise. Louisa is short version of Louise.
Prominent and Enduring Louisa is originated from Germanic and Old High German, Louisa means "Famous in Battle and Loud". Lisa is derivation of Elisabeth. Elisabeth is version of skyrocketing in demand and biblical Elizabeth.
Widely Accepted and Evergreen Elisabeth has its origin in Hebrew, Elisabeth means "My God is Abundance and God is My Oath". Lisa is short version of Elizabeth. Dominant and Enduring Hebrew Elizabeth, meaning of Elizabeth is "My God is Abundance, God is Perfection God is My Oath and God is My Oath".
Lisa is equivalent of Elisabet in German language. Lisa is equivalent of Its Variants in German language. The name is celebrated on November 17th.
Does Lisa work as a baby name?
Lisa is a popular baby girl name that is derived from the Hebrew language and carries the meaning of "God's promise." One of its unique characteristics is its simple and sweet sound, which makes it easy to pronounce and remember.
Lisa has been a popular choice for parents for decades, and it continues to be so due to its versatility. It works well with a variety of middle names, surnames, and nicknames.
Additionally, Lisa has been associated with positivity, strength, and loyalty. Many famous individuals have borne this name throughout history, including Lisa Kudrow, an actress known for her role in Friends. All these qualities make Lisa a great choice for parents who are looking for a timeless yet distinctive name for their daughter.
How do I pronounce Lisa?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Lisa is l(i)-sa. Some people pronounce it as lee-suh.
Variants of Lisa
Elisheba, Leasa, Alice, Louisa, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aliz, Adelice, Aleka, Alycia, Alicemarie, Alek, Lexia, Jona, Chlodwig, Luise, Louise, Lisie, Talissa, Adalisa, Adah, Adiel, Agda, Ada, Elisabet, Elizabeth, Elisabed, ElsaNames that rhyme with Lisa
How popular is the name Lisa?
Lisa was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1886 around 968068 babies have been given the given name. When at its peak in 1962, 60267 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position.
However after 160 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 13 times Also, Lisa was a popular name in France.
Over 66569 babies have been given the given name in 109 years. At its zenith in 2002, it ranked 17th when 3609 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 109 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 21 times Also, Lisa was a popular name in New South Wales. Over 6943 babies have been named Lisa since 1959.
At the peak of its usage in 1968, the moniker grabbed the 2nd spot and 1058 baby girls were given the name. After 21 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
Lisa used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 3261 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
At its zenith in 1996,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Also, A common name in Ireland having over 5719 recievers in 34 years of usage.
At the peak of its usage in 1978, it ranked 10th when 466 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in Switzerland with over 4439 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
At its zenith in 2002, 289 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 21 times Also, Lisa was a common name in Netherlands.
Over 1930 babies have been named Lisa since 2015. At its zenith in 2016,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, Lisa was a common name in Sweden. Over 2884 babies have been named Lisa since 1998.
At the peak of its usage in 1999,. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Lisa used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 2005 and over 3838 babies have been given the name in 14 years.
At its zenith in 2005,. However after 14 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Lisa used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 1961 and over 2765 babies have been given the name in 17 years.
At the peak of its usage in 1973,. After 17 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times
However things change on global perspective, Lisa is extremely popular in England where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Canada.
Also the baby name is popular in Germany, Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Italy, Scotland, South Africa, Wales, Mozambique, Ghana, Egypt, Sudan, Bangladesh, Northern Ireland, India, Austria, Afghanistan, China, Denmark, East Timor, Philippines and Papua New Guinea.
According to our estimate, over 2560000 babies have been named Lisa globally.
Lisa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Lisa
And you are respected for living according to your own rules. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind. You have people who love you. When it comes to life goals and career, you always give your best. Be more flexible and less stubborn. The sky is your only limit when it comes to goals. If someone surprises you in a positive way, that's fine. But it will take long until they earn your trust and full respect.
Looking for a name like Lisa? Please go through the following names
- Felix means Happy or The Successful is specifically used in English, Polish and Scandinavian and a gender insensitive name came from Latin. Among baby boy names, desirable Felix captured 231st position in 2018 in United States
- Venus - Preeminent and All time favorite unisex name Venus means "Love, Charm, Love, Sexual Love or Goddess of Love or Beauty", prevalently used in Danish and Scandinavian has origin in Latin
- Claas - Boy name Claas is rooted from Old Greek dominantly used in German and Danish languages, meaning of Claas is "Nikolaus, Victory or People"
- Harbert - Anomalous Harbert came from Germanic and Old High German is primarily used in German and Low German, meaning of Harbert is "Shiny, Bright Warrior or Bright" is a boy name
- Jantine - Girl name Jantine is used dominantly in Dutch and Slavic, meaning of Jantine is "God is Merciful" has origin in Hebrew
Famous people named Lisa
- Lisa Beamer, widow of Todd Beamer
- Lisa Clayton, first British woman to sail single-handed and non-stop around the world
- Lisa Foster, English retired actress, model
- Lisa Moore, acclaimed Canadian writer and editor established
- Lisa Otto, German operatic soprano
- Lisa Lane, American former chess player
- Lisa Moorish, English singer-songwriter
- Lisa Ysaye Tarleau, early 20th-century author
- Lisa Fittko, helped many escape
- Lisa Bowerman, British actress
- Lisa Moore, Australian internationally renowned pianist with a diverse and eclectic mix of musical influences
- Lisa Pifer, American bass player and songwriter
- Lisa Alther, American author and novelist
- Lisa Beyer, is vice president of communications at the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
- Lisa Gardner, American author of fiction
- Lisa Lindgren, Swedish actress
- Lisa Olson, American sports journalist
- Lisa Regina, American actress, screenwriter, director
- Lisa McCormick, singer-songwriter from Vermont
- Lisa Mason, British gymnast
- Lisa Gasteen, internationally acclaimed Australian operatic soprano
- Lisa D'Amour, playwright, performer
- Lisa Faust, former field hockey player from Canada
- Lisa Jarnot, American poet
- Lisa Keith, American Christian contemporary/pop singer
- Lisa Kekaula,
- Lisa Breckenridge, American television personality and news anchor
- Lisa de Moraes, American television columnist
- Lisa Roma, American soprano
- Lisa Ho, Australian fashion designer born in Albury
- Lisa Ryan, American author and speaker
- Lisa McRee, American television journalist and former news anchor
- Lisa Hopkins Seegmiller, American classical singer and actress
- Lisa Jervis, American writer, editor, publisher
- Lisa Crosato, Australian-born opera soprano
- Lisa A. Barnett, American Lambda Literary Award winning science fiction writer
- Lisa Beznosiuk, English flautist of Ukrainian and Irish descent
- Lisa Victoria, Welsh television actor best
- Lisa Palfrey, Welsh actress
- Lisa John, English ten-pin bowler
- Lisa Richette, American lawyer and judge of the Court of Common Pleas
- Lisa Francesca Nand, journalist
- Lisa Sigal, contemporary artist
- Lisa Morgan, former CEO of the largest European video game retailer
- Lisa Rowe Fraustino, American writer and editor of children's literature
- Lisa Lindgren, retired American actress
- Lisa Randall, American theoretical physicist working
- Lisa Nowak, American former naval flight officer and NASA astronaut
- Lisa Feldman Barrett, University Distinguished Professor of Psychology at Northeastern University
- Lisa Kewley, Professor and Associate Director at the Research School for Astronomy & Astrophysics at the Australian National University College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Lisa Lopes, American hip hop singer, rapper, songwriter
- Lisa Bonet, American actress
- Lisa Kudrow, American actress, comedian, writer, and producer
- Lisa Leslie, former American professional basketball player
Lists having Lisa
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Albanian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -isa
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1993)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2006)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1997)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1994)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1984)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2014)
- Baby Names that mean Consecrated
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Bountiful
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect