Liz name meaning
On This Page
What does Liz mean?
Famous girl name Liz is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Liz is "Form of Elizabeth, God is My Oath, Pledged to God, God's Promise, My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn, God is Fullness or My God is Perfect" is primarily used in English, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish.
Liz is derived from Elisabeth. Elisabeth is a variation of soaring sky-scraping, biblical and persistent Elizabeth. Origin of Well-Known Elisabeth is in Hebrew, meaning of Elisabeth is "God is My Oath, God is Fullness and My God is Perfect".
Liz is short form of Elizabeth. Customary Elizabeth is originated from Hebrew, Elizabeth means "God of Plenty, My God is Bountiful and God is My Oath". Liz is a diminutive of Liza.
Liza is resultant of Elisabeth. Liza is short of Elizabeth. Liza's meaning is Joy, My God has Sworn and Variation of Elizabeth has its origin in Hebrew. The name is celebrated on November 17th.
How is Liz seen as a baby name?
Liz is a popular name for baby girls across the world. It has gained significant popularity due to its short and sweet nature. What makes it particularly unique is its Hebrew origin, meaning "God's promise." This name carries a sense of hope and blessings, making it an ideal choice for parents who want to instill faith in their child from an early age.
Liz also possesses a timeless quality that will never go out of fashion, ensuring that this name will remain relevant even as trends change. It's easy to see why so many parents have chosen Liz for their little bundle of joy!
How do I pronounce Liz?
The proper pronunciation of one syllabled Liz is liz.
Variants of LizNames that rhyme with Liz
How popular is the name Liz?
Liz is a popular in United States where over 9093 new-borns have been given the name since 1930. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 1961, it ranked 373rd when 665 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 6 times Liz is a unique baby name in France during its short run, it been to the top 2000 names.
In 2004, it ranked 1030th when 36 girls were named Liz. Over 169 people have been named Liz in France.
Liz is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2000 and achieved its top ranking of 2802 in 2004.
But Liz is a popular baby name in Peru where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Paraguay, Venezuela and Canada. According to our findings, at least 170000 people have been bestowed Liz around the globe.
Liz in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Liz?
Focus on inner peace, balance, harmony, helping those in need, kindness, and love. You are an inspirational person who respects the rules and social restrictions. You manage to hide your issues and emotional struggles pretty very well. You are a passionate lover but hard to understand. You are an intuitive person who sees through people and their intentions, which can be irritating sometimes. You want to do everything as planned in life.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Liz
- Janis - Noteworthy Janis largely is used in Hebrew and Greek, meaning of Janis is "God is Merciful or Gift from God". Its origin is in Hebrew is given to both sexes. In 1965, noteworthy name Janis reached 461st position on baby girl chart in United States
- Priscilla - Loved and Venerable unisex name Priscilla is rooted from Latin, meaning of Priscilla is "The Ancient, Ancient or Antique" is used notably in Greenlandic, Swedish and English languages
- Irvin - Irvin's meaning is Shrub, Marine Friend or Boar Friend is of English, Germanic and Celtic origin which is used mostly in Swedish, Danish and Finnish is aimed at both boys and girls
- Daniela - Cherished Daniela is originated from Hebrew, Daniela means "God is My Judge God has Judged or God is My Judge" which is used mostly in Norwegian, Romanian and Czech is aimed at both sexes
- Amalia means Efficient, Aspirations or Brave is used mostly as a baby girl name is came from Gothic and Latin is substantially used in Swedish and English
Famous people named Liz
- Liz Williams, British science fiction writer
- Liz Balmaseda, journalist, who writes for 'The Palm Beach Post'
- Liz Lochhead, Scottish poet, playwright
- Liz Andrew, Australian politician
- Liz Kniss, cityofpaloalto
- Liz Tilberis, British fashion magazine editor of Manx and English ancestry
- Liz Jackson, Australian journalist and barrister noted for her work on the 'Four Corners' and 'Media Watch' television programs
- Liz Astor, Baroness Astor of Hever, English author and autism activist
- Liz Tchou, former field hockey defender
- Liz Myers, American musician, composer, pianist and singer
- Liz Kernohan, Australian politician
- Liz Allen, Irish investigative journalist
- Liz Penfold, Australian politician
- Liz Lieu, Vietnamese professional poker player
- Liz Burnley, Chief Guide of Girlguiding UK between 2006 and 2011
- Liz Winfield, contemporary Australian poet
- Liz Lloyd, CBE served as Deputy Chief of Staff for Prime Minister Tony Blair's last administration
- Liz Tilton, American vocalist
- Liz Davies, British barrister
- Liz Forgan, English journalist
- Liz Friedman, American television producer and television writer known especially for her work on 'Xena: Warrior Princess'
- Liz Kessler, English writer of children's books
- Liz Phillips, American artist specializing
- Liz Neal, artist based in London
- Liz Couch, New Zealand skeleton racer
- Liz Phair, American singer, songwriter, guitarist, composer
- Liz Blackman, British Labour Party politician
- Liz McColgan, British former middle-distance and long-distance track and road-running athlete
- Liz Mitchell, musical artist
- Liz Claman, anchor of the Fox Business Network show 'Countdown to the Closing Bell'
- Liz Lynne, Member of the European Parliament for the West Midlands for the Liberal Democrats
- Liz Vassey, American actress
- Liz Kershaw, English radio broadcaster
- Liz Ellis, retired Australian netball player
- Liz Gordon, former New Zealand politician
- Liz Barker, English television presenter
- Liz Greene, American-British astrologer
- Liz Sandals, politician in Ontario, Canada
- Liz Smith, American gossip columnist
- Liz Smith, English character actress,
- Liz Cheney, American attorney and politician serving as the U.S. Representative for since 2017
- Liz McManus, former Irish Labour Party politician
- Liz Torres, American actress, singer, and comedian
- Liz Dawn, English actress
- Liz Fraser, English actress, best
- Liz Cameron, former Lord Provost of Glasgow
- Liz Anderson, s country chart
- Liz Cunningham, Australian politician
- Liz O'Donnell, former Irish Progressive Democrats politician
- Liz McClarnon, English pop singer, songwriter
- Liz Stooke in Episode #1.40 as Actress
- Lizzie Ryan in A.k.a Jersey as Actress
- Liza Diño in In nomine matris as Actress
- Liz Boulton in Bent as Costume and Wardrobe Department
- Liz Giles in Elizabeth as Actress
- In 2018, Liz Cardenas played the role of Neighbor in comedy and crime movie Never Goin' Back.
- Liz Ewing, from 2017 musical film National Theatre Live: Follies, who played Weismann's PA.
- Liz Kong characterized the leading character of Sue in 1994 drama, romance movie Do see ching yuen.
- Liz Renay, from 1964 action and crime flick The Thrill Killers, who portrayed the Liz Saxon.
- In 1972, Liz Wolfe played the role of Melba in crime, drama flick Prison Girls.
- Liz Burdick, from 2015 comedy and documentary flick Game Show Dynamos, who characterized the Elizabeth.
- Liz Simmons played main role of June Peterson in 2011 comedy, horror film Harold's Going Stiff.
- Liz Benson played key character of N in 1997 action movie Back to Life.
- Liz Alindogan, from 1985 action movie Carding Estrabel: Tirador Ng Malabon, who portrayed N.
- Liz Lytle, from 2011 comedy, drama flick Act Naturally, who played Charlie Tillerman.
- Liz Borges, from 1998 drama film Fica Comigo, who characterized N.
- In 2019, Liz Solari characterized the role of Jessica in action and drama movie The Last Man.
- In 2006 fantasy, thriller film, Volume 2, Liz Bradley portrayed Ansania.
- In 2013, Liz Barbosa played the role of Matilda in flick El control.
- Liz Blue characterized leading character of NARCS Girl in 2011 drama and romance movie Citizen 101.
Lists having Liz
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with L
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Pledged
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect