Amalia meaning and origin
Used dominantly in Danish, Faroese, Hungarian, Scandinavian, Italian, Czech, Icelandic, Norwegian, Finnish, German, English, Dutch, Swedish, Greenlandic and Hebrew durable and commonly accepted, Amalia is rooted from Latin and Gothic, a girl name, Amalia means "Brave, Emulus, Efficient or Aspirations". Amalia is variant form of persistent and noteworthy Emily. Emily is variant of EmilieAmelia. Emily is English form of Emilie. Also Emily is form of Émilie in English language. Origin of Frequently Used and All time favorite Emily is in Latin language, meaning of Emily is "Laborious and Emulus". Amalia is derivation of Emilie. Emilie is variation of immutable and admired Emilia. Emilie is equivalent of Émilie in Nordic language. Emilie's meaning is The Element Aemulus Meaning Imitating Rivaling and Emulus is of Latin origin. Amalia is equivalent of Germanic Names Beginning with Amal- in Latin language. The name is celebrated on September 19th.
Variants of Amalia
View middle names that goes with Amalia like Shonda, Vaia, Noemie, Malaysia, Kynlee, Elina,Names that rhyme with Amalia
Popularity of Amalia
Amalia is a popular in United States where over 12707 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Presently peaking at the charts, 510 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 484th position. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 3 times Amalia is common in England and Wales where over 882 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 387th spot and 115 baby girls were given the name. Also, A common name in France with over 2937 new-borns have been given the name since 1902. Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 291st when 209 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Amalia is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2018, 51 babies were given Amalia and it reached its peak ranking, 153 on girl names chart. Over 456 babies in Switzerland have been named Amalia. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 167 on girl names chart when 61 babies were given the name Amalia. There are over 731 babies that have been given the name Amalia in Belgium.
Amalia is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 378 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Amalia. The given name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 471 (2017) in its 15 years run on Ireland naming chart. Amalia is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Amalia is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Argentina, Philippines, Indonesia, Mozambique, Guatemala, Romania, Colombia, Greece, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela, Chile and Paraguay. At least, 500000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Amalia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Amalia
You hate the usual 9 to 5 way of working and prefer freelance working instead of a regular job. People envy your success and personal life, and would give just anything to be like you. Sometimes, you act selfishly. You are a hard candy when it comes to romantic relationships. You are dominant when it comes to relationships. Be more flexible and less stubborn. The only thing holding you back is your lack of flexibility.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Amalia
- Dominesha - Used primarily in English unheard-of, Dominesha is originated from Latin, Dominesha means "Offered to the Lord, Of the Lord Belonging to God and Lord" is used for baby girls. Dominesha is feminine variation of Dominic.
- Kristo - Used chiefly in English and Danish recent and rare, Kristo means "Christ Carrier" is originated from Latin and Old Greek is used typically as a boy name
- Konstantina means The Steadfast came from Latin dominantly used in Swedish and Danish is used as a girl name
- Bettine - Infrequent girl name Bettine means "My God is Perfect". It is rooted from Latin and Hebrew is majorly used in German, Danish and Norwegian
- Licio - Majorly used in Italian, Licio means "From Lycia" which came from Latin is used as a baby boy name
Namesakes of Amalia
- Amalia Sartori, Italian politician
- Amalia Ruggieri,
- Amalia of Neuenahr, daughter of Gumprecht of Neuenahr and Cordula of Holstein Schauenburg
- Amalia Guglielminetti, Italian poet and writer
- Amalia Pachelbel, German painter and engraver
- Amalia of Solms-Braunfels,
- Amalia García, Mexican politician and a former governor of Zacatecas
- Amalia Freud, third wife of Jacob Freud and mother of Sigmund Freud
- Amalia Kahana-Carmon, Israeli author and literary critic
- Amalia of Oldenburg, was queen consort of Greece
- Amalia Hernández, Mexican ballet choreographer and founder of the world-renowned Ballet Folklórico de México
- Amalia Mendoza, Mexican singer and actress
- Amalia Scaliter in Malevo as Actress
- Amalia Holl in No Ordinary Anniversary as Actress
- Amalia Vitale in A Vintage Murder as Actress
- Amalia Jones in Negligee as Actress
- Amalia Levari in Back to Backspace as Writer
- Amalia Aguilar in Mis tres viudas alegres as Actress
- Amalia Fuentes in Ibulong mo sa hangin as Actress
- Amalia Santa Maria in The Boy as Actress
- Amalia Holm Bjelke in Tyskungen as Actress
- Amalia Molina was a songwriter and Spanish dancer.
- Amalia Sánchez Ariño acted in movie Vacations
- Amalia Ferriz played main role of N in 1940 horror, mystery film El fantasma de medianoche.
- In 1975, Amalia Giza portrayed the role of Hristina in drama and horror flick I daimonismeni.
- In 2007, Amalia Gómez played the role of Leonor in comedy, romance movie Abrígate.
- Amalia Moutoussi, from 2017 film Monogramma, who characterized N.
- In 1990, Amalia Pérez Díaz portrayed the role of Mercedes in action film Disparen a matar.
- In 2002 fantasy, mystery movie, The Tower, Amalia Stifter played N.
- Amalia Raspantini, from 1927 drama film 'O Marenariello, who portrayed N.
- Amalia Hadi, from 1974 drama flick Ranjang pengantin, who played the N.
- In 1971 drama film, My Prayer, Amalia Braza portrayed N.
Lists having Amalia
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Gothic Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Czech Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Hungarian Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ama
- Girl names that ends with -lia
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Efficient