Janis meaning and origin
Eminent Janis particulary is used in Hebrew, English and Greek is of Hebrew origin, a gender-neutral name, meaning of Janis is "God has been Gracious, Gift from God, God is Merciful or Ripe Fruit". Janis is variant of widespread and biblical Jane. Jane is version of JeanneJean. Also Jane is a variation of perennial, well-liked and biblical Joan. Jane is a short version of names ending in "Jane". Jane is effeminate variant of John or. Jane is equivalent of Johanna in English language. Widespread Hebrew Jane, meaning of Jane is "God is Merciful, Jehovah has been Gracious and Yahweh is Gracious" is used specifically in English and Tamil. Janis is variant form of acclaimed, biblical and eternal Janice. Janice is variation of biblical, well-liked and immutable Jeanne. Janice is short version of Jane. Meaning of Janice is God is Merciful, Form of Jane and God's Gracious Gift is originated from Hebrew. It is celebrated on December 27th.
Variants of JanisNames that rhyme with Janis
Popularity of Janis
Janis is a popular in United States where over 48917 new-borns have been given the name since 1909. When at the peak of its usage in 1947, 3205 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 108th position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names 39 times In Switzerland, Janis was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 2447 babies. When at its peak in 2006,. After 21 years, the name has past its prime.
Janis is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1976 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 828 on girl names chart when 57 babies were named Janis. Over 1212 babies in France have been named Janis. The given name is an uncommon baby name in still in use in England and Wales. It also recently appeared in Ireland baby girl names chart. Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 843rd.
But Janis is a popular baby name in Latvia where every 1 in 40 have the name as well as in, England and Canada. At least, 150000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Janis in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Janis
Stress hates your guts. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. You don't share the usual opinion of things and the ordinary life perspective. You can't be around superficial minds that only care about gossip and getting through the day. Sometimes, you act like a control freak. You are known for your lively spirit, eternal patience and lack of belief when it comes to love.
Looking for names similar to Janis? Please go through the following names
- Giacomo - Meaning of Giacomo is The Supplanter, Yahweh May Protect or Holder of the Heel is of Hebrew origin, especially used in English and Italian is given to boys
- Divi - Meaning of Divi is Search or The Heaven is rooted from Hebrew used as a gender-neutral name is used in Malayalam, Tamil and Marathi
- Zachery means The Lord has Remembered or Yahweh Remembers is used in English is a unisex name is rooted from Hebrew. In 2006, prevailing name Zachery reached 493rd position on the list of baby boy names in United States
- Mikaila - Of Hebrew origin, Cherished Mikaila means "Who is Like God?" and is used mostly in English is used for baby girls
- Suzana - Unusual Suzana particulary is used in Gujarati, Telugu and Oriya, meaning of Suzana is "Lily". It is rooted from Hebrew is bestowed upon baby girls
Namesakes of Janis
- Janis Sidovský, Czech producer, manager and publicity supervisor
- Janis Hansen, American talent agent and retired actress
- Janis Joplin, American rock
- Janis Ian, American singer-songwriter
- Janis Karpinski, career officer in the US Army Reserve, now retired
- Janis Johnson, Canadian retired Senator who represented Manitoba
- Janis Carter, film and television actress working
- Janis Hughes, Scottish Labour politician
- Janis Paige, American actress and singer
- Janis Martin, American rockabilly and country music singer
- Janis Tanaka, bass player
- Janis Tarchuk, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta representing the constituency of Banff-Cochrane as a Progressive Conservative
- Janis Mackey in Spenser: The Judas Goat as Actress
- Janis Cummins in Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 as Actress
- Janis Corsair in Birdman: Or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) as Actress
- Janis Orenstein in Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer as Actress
- Janis Hirsch in Visions of Daphne as Producer
- Janis Schmitt in History of the World: Part I as Actress
- Janis Jones in (500) Days of Summer as Actress
- Janis Allen in movie Double Negative as Writer
- Janis Grantins, from 1949 biography, history movie Rainis, who portrayed Janis Rainis.
- Janis Reinis, from 2007 action and drama flick Rigas sargi, who portrayed Martin.
- In 1963, Janis Filipsons portrayed the role of Janelis in film Diena bez vakara.
- In 2001, Janis DeLucia Allen portrayed the role of Susan in drama, romance flick Coffee and Language.
- Janis McGavin, from 2016 horror, thriller flick Red Christmas, who played the Ginny.
- Janis Murnieks played the central character of Ivars in 2002 drama film Sauja lozu.
Lists having Janis
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Jan
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2014)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Fruit