Marla name meaning
On This Page
What does Marla mean?
Well-Known unisex name Marla is originated from Greek, Hebrew, Germanic, German and English, meaning of Marla is "From the High Tower, Variant of Marlene, Combination of Maria and Magdalene, Star of the Sea and a Bitterly Wanted Child, Lena, Magdalena or Sun" is mainly used in Finnish, German, Danish, Norwegian, English and Swedish.
Marla is variant form of biblical and acclaimed Mary. Mary is English cognate of Maria. Also Mary is English cognate of Maria. Well-Liked Mary has its origin in Egyptian and Hebrew, Mary means "Star of the Sea, Bitter and Lady".
Marla is variant form of loved Marlene. Marlene is version of predominant, biblical and everlasting Magdalena. Also Marlene is variant spelling of MARI;LEN. Marlene's meaning is Lena, Contraction of Maria and Magdalene and Magdalena is of Hebrew, Germanic and German origin..
Marla is celebrated on on August 15th.
How do I pronounce Marla?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Marla is m(a)-rla. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., mar-la.
Variants of MarlaNames that rhyme with Marla
How popular is the name Marla?
Marla was a popular name in United States. Over 38255 babies have been given the name in 106 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1955, 1724 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 193rd position.
However after 106 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 38 times Marla is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 2000 names.
Recently in 2017, it ranked 1021st when 35 girls were named Marla. There are over 301 babies that have been given the name Marla in England and Wales. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1993 and was able to reach the top 2000 names.
In 2015, it ranked 1512nd when 26 girls were named Marla. Over 260 babies in France have been named Marla.
Marla is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 400.
Over 256 babies in Switzerland have been named Marla. But Marla is a popular baby name in Mozambique where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Brazil.
At least, 100000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Marla in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Marla?
Small successes don't feed your soul. You like to be a part of the big game. You are highly intelligent but only a few people know you are capable of committing the perfect crime without getting caught. You need to communicate with people in order to expand your knowledge and widen your perspective. In order to do something unprecedented, you have to refocus from what's not important such as gossip, partying and messing around to what's really important and that's your dreams and expanding your knowledge.
Go through the following names similar to Marla
- Margarita - Margarita's meaning is Latinate Form of Margaret or Daisy Flower is used as a gender insensitive name that came from Old Greek and Persian is majorly used in Swedish, Spanish and Lithuanian
- Katka - Immutable and Pleasing Katka chiefly is used in Swedish and Finnish is originated from Old Greek is given to girls. Katka is Czech cognate of Katharina
- Zenobia - Used mostly in Greek, Hindi and Arabic durable and customary, Zenobia has its origin in Arabic and Old Greek is a girl name, Zenobia means "Queen of Palmyra or Power of Zeus"
- Bunny - Anomalous Bunny came from English and Old Greek is used mainly in Kannada, Marathi and English, meaning of Bunny is "Charming, Good or Cute Like Rabbit" is a gender insensitive name
- Lareesa - Unorthodox Lareesa came from Old Greek is used largely in English and a girl name, meaning of Lareesa is "Root of Larissa End, The Lovely and The Word Laros Meaning Lovely". Lareesa is resulted from Larissa.
Middle names for Marla
Here are some familiar and short middle names we think go great with Marla, we've got you covered with these familiar and short middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Marla.
Famous people named Marla
- Marla Hanson, American screenwriter and ex-model
- Marla Glen, American singer
- Marla Ruzicka, American activist-turned-aid worker
- Marla Streb, American professional cyclist and was inducted in the mountain bike hall of fame
- Marla Lukofsky, Canadian and American stand-up comedian
- Marla Landi, Italian-born British film actress
- Marla Kanelos, American television soap opera writer
- Marla Sokoloff, American actress
- Marla Maples,
- Marla Gibbs, American actress, comedian, singer
- Marla Runyan, American track and field athlete
- Marla Olmstead, Abstract artworks purportedly painted by her have been as large as five feet square and have sold for tens of thousands of US dollars
- Marla Heasley, American film and TV actress
- Marla Adams, American television actress, best
- Marla Pennington, American actress
- Marla English, American film actress during the 1950s
- Marla Luckert, Kansas Supreme Court Justice appointed by Governor Bill Graves on Nov
- Marla Jane Lynch in Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars as Miscellaneous Crew
- Marlana Carter in Lucy in the Sky with Diamond as Actress
- Marla Weech in A Magical Time in a Magical Place as
- Marla Shelton in Stand-In as Actress
- Marla Tellez in Episode dated 7 March 2014 as
- Marla Frees in K-911 as Actress
- Marla Rosenfield in Rock 'n' Roll High School as Actress
- Marla Schaffel in I Love You, Don't Touch Me! as Actress
- Marla Mindelle in Y'all Were Great! as Actress
- Marla Ellis played leading role of Cathy in 1964 drama film Warm Nights and Hot Pleasures.
- Marla Machart, from 1987 horror, thriller flick Blood Sisters, who played the Marnie.
- In 1979 comedy, horror movie, Microwave Massacre, Marla Simon portrayed Knothole Girl.
Lists having Marla
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Mar
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Tower
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Magdala
- Baby Names that mean Sun