Mikael meaning and origin
Originated from Hebrew, Customary Mikael is used largely in Finnish, Icelandic, Scandinavian, Swedish, Greenlandic, Norwegian and Danish bestowed upon both genders, Mikael means "Who is Like God". Mikael is version of lofty, biblical and everlasting Michael. Michael is a derivation of Michel. Michael is Latin form of Μιξαελ, a Greek Form the Hebrew Name מִיכָאֵל:. Of Hebrew origin, Popular Michael, Michael means "Who is Like God, Who is Like God? and Like the Lord".. It is celebrated on September 29th.
Variants of Mikael
View middle names that goes with Mikael like Dudley, Jayce, Lukas, Lafayette, Ryne, Graham,Names that rhyme with Mikael
Popularity of Mikael
Mikael was a popular name in France. Over 17433 babies have been given the moniker in 82 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1978, the moniker grabbed the 78th spot and 932 baby boys were given the name. However after 82 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 8 times Mikael was a common name in United States. Over 4845 babies have been named Mikael since 1944. When at its peak in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 109 years but it is still going strong. Also, Mikael used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 1998 and over 1100 babies have been given the name in 7 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1998,. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Mikael is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 646 on boy names chart when 54 babies were named Mikael. There are over 476 babies that have been given the name Mikael in England and Wales. Mikael is a unique baby name in Finland during its short run, it been to the top 100 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 1 on boy names chart when 27 babies were named Mikael.
Mikael is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 500. Over 172 babies in Switzerland have been named Mikael. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and achieved its top ranking of 698 in 1999. Over 111 people have been named Mikael in Belgium. Mikael is a rare baby name in Ireland still in use today. And also in Finland. But Mikael is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 20000 have the name. At least, 90000 people globally have carried Mikael as their given name according to our findings.
Mikael in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Mikael
The number 6 as your expression number reveals you have a caring nature. Your expression number reveals your kind heart. You suffer from insomnia but your mental health is great. Finding a way to express those hidden emotions you keep inside is the key to be content. You know a way out but prefer to dwell in your comfort zone. You always put other people's needs and wishes before yours. But you just won't admit it.
Do you like Mikael? You would love these names
- Arnfríður is Icelandic cognate of Arnfríðr. Also Arnfríður is Faroese cognate of Arnfrøðr
- Jocko - Anomalous Jockos origin is Hebrew, Hebrew and English bestowed upon boys, meaning of Jocko is "Based on John or Jacques and God has been Gracious". Jocko is resulted from Jock.
- Jolyna - Jolyna's meaning is Jo and Lene has origin in English is used as a baby girl name. Jolyna is resultant of Jolene.
- Joëly came from Hebrew, meaning of Joëly is "Lord God"
- Bethe - Meaning of Bethe is God's Promise, House and My God is Abundance is a baby girl name has origin in Hebrew, Hebrew and Hebrew. Bethe is derivation of Beth.
Namesakes of Mikael
- Mikael Ljungberg, Swedish wrestler from Gothenburg
- Mikael Nalbandian, major figure in 19th-century Armenian literature
- Mikael Tariverdiev, prominent Soviet composer of Armenian descent
- Mikael Samuelson, Swedish baritone opera singer, actor and composer
- Mikael Sandklef, retired Swedish association football player
- Mikael Fortelius, is Professor of Evolutionary Palaeontology at the University of Helsinki and the coordinator of the Neogene of the Old World database of fossil mammals
- Mikael Höglund, facebook
- Mikael Sehul, Ras or governor of Tigray 1748–71 and again
- Mikael Jungner, former party secretary of the Social Democratic Party of Finland
- Mikael Jorgensen, is lead pianist and keyboardist for the band Wilco as well as a member of the band Pronto
- Mikael Lindström, retired Swedish diplomat
- Mikael Heggelund Foslie, Norwegian botanist and algaeologist
- Mikael Norberg, Swedish curler
- Mikael Johansson, Swedish Green Party politician
- Mikael Oscarsson, Swedish Christian democratic politician
- Mikael Simonsen, Danish rower
- Mikael Sandberg, retired Swedish ice hockey goaltender
- Mikael Stenmark, is Dean of the Faculty of Theology since 2008 and Professor of Philosophy of Religion at the Department of Theology
- Mikael Cederbratt, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Mikael Strøm, former Danish handball player
- Mikael Agricola, Lutheran clergyman
- Mikael Jansson, Swedish politician
- Mikael Åkerfeldt, Swedish musician
- Mikael Colville-Andersen, Canadian-Danish urban designer and urban mobility expert
- Mikael Tellqvist, Swedish former professional ice hockey goaltender
- Mikael Forssell, Finnish former football striker
- Mikael Stanne, vocalist & one of the lyricists for the Swedish melodic death metal band
- Mikael Pernfors, former professional tennis player from Sweden
- Mikael Wiehe, Swedish singer, multi-instrumentalist and composer
- Mikael Persbrandt, Swedish actor
- Mikael Håfström, Swedish film director and screenwriter
- Mikael Niemi, Swedish author
- Mikael Appelgren, Swedish former table tennis player
- Mikael Renberg, retired Swedish professional ice hockey player
- Mikael Samuelsson, Swedish former professional ice hockey right winger
- Mikael Tillström, former tennis player from Sweden
- Mikael Dorsin, former Swedish footballer who played as a defender
- Mikael Lundberg, Swedish professional golfer
- Mikael Johansson, Swedish professional ice hockey centre
- Mikael Strandberg, Swedish explorer, filmmaker and writer
- Mikael Odenberg, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Mikael Nilsson, retired Swedish footballer
- Mikael Andersson, Swedish former professional ice hockey forward
- Mikael Löfgren, former Swedish biathlete
- Mikael Nilsson, former Swedish football defender
- Mikael Salomon, Danish-born cinematographer
- Mikael Antonsson, Swedish footballer
- Mikael Dahlberg, Swedish former footballer
- Mikael Örn, Swedish freestyle and medley swimmer whose notability
- Mikael Backlund, Swedish professional ice hockey centre currently playing for and serving as an alternate captain for the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League
- Mikael Bohman, professional ice hockey goaltender