Mitchel name meaning
On This Page
What does Mitchel mean?
Meaning of Mitchel is Who is Like God, Michel or Michael used for both genders which is used particulary in English is originated from Hebrew and Old French. Mitchel is variation of well-liked, enduring and biblical Michael.
Michael is derivative of Michel. Michael is Latin cognate of Μιξαελ, a Greek Form the Hebrew Name מִיכָאֵל:. Originated from Hebrew, Popular and Conifer Michael, Michael means "Like the Lord and Who Resembles God".
Mitchel is variant transcription of Mitchell. Mitchell is form of Michael in English language. Also Mitchell is form of Michael underinfluencean Anglicized pronunciationits variant Michel in French language. Mitchell's meaning is Michel and Michael came from Old French and Hebrew is dominantly used in English.
Is Mitchel a suitable baby name?
Mitchel is a charming and strong name for baby boys that has gained immense popularity in recent years. The name has a timeless quality to it, and its British origin adds to its sophistication.
The name is associated with qualities such as intelligence, leadership, and resilience. Those who bear the name Mitchel are believed to possess a deep sense of empathy towards others and a genuine desire to help them out.
Moreover, the name holds religious significance due to its meaning of "who resembles God?" which makes it even more endearing for parents looking for a spiritual connection in their child's name.
Overall, Mitchel is an excellent choice for parents seeking a classic but unique baby boy's name with both secular and religious connotations.
How do I pronounce Mitchel?
Two syllabled Mitchel is pronounced as m(i)-tchel. mit-chel is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of MitchelNames that rhyme with Mitchel
How popular is the name Mitchel?
A common name in United States with over 13203 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At its zenith in 1958, 407 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 487th position.
Moreover, the name has been to Mitchel is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 356 on boy names chart when 66 babies were given the name Mitchel. Over 601 babies in England and Wales have been named Mitchel.
Mitchel is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, chances of it being still in use are very slim. Mitchel is a rare baby name in Ireland and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1998 and also in France.
But Mitchel is a popular baby name in Kenya where every 1 in 8000 have the name. At least, 20000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Mitchel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Mitchel?
In order to earn more, use some of your many talents. Back in time, you were too focused on your career until you realized there's something more important to live for. You enjoy tense situations and complex problems that require a lot of thinking and creativity. You always get things done faster than agreed and show great progress when it comes to your career. You are intelligent and independent.
Other names similar to Mitchel, for would be moms
- Harlow means Rocky Hill, Army or Meadow of the Hares is originated from Old English is a gender-neutral name is used primarily in English. Lofty Harlow ranked at 366 position in 2018 on list of baby girl names in United States
- Ryland means From the Rye Land, Island Meadow or By the Rye Land used for both sexes which is used chiefly in English has its origin in Celtic, Old English and Middle
- Metta - Metta's meaning is Might or Strength has origin in Old High German, Old Greek and Germanic, a girl name is particulary used in German and Swedish
- Tristin - Trendy English and Celtic Tristin bestowed upon both genders which is used prevalently in English, meaning of Tristin is "Tumult, Bold or Riot"
- Jaxen means Son of Jack has origin in English commonly used in English is bestowed upon both boys and girls
Middle names for Mitchel
We've compiled a list of the in vogue and distinctive middle names for Mitchel below.
View more middle names that goes with Mitchel.
Famous people named Mitchel
- Mitchel Resnick, is LEGO Papert Professor of Learning Research
- Mitchel McLaughlin, former General Secretary of Sinn Féin
- Mitchel Musso, s Doc Shaw
- Mitchel B. Wallerstein, American educator, philanthropist
- Mitchel Forman, jazz and fusion keyboard player currently residing
- Mitchel H. Mark, a
- Mitchel Brown, Honduran soccer player
- Mitchel Oviedo Hernández is a Mexican footballer who plays in the position of midfielder.
Lists having Mitchel
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean God