Micah meaning and origin
The popular unisex name Micah is of Hebrew origin which is especially used in English, Hebrew, German and Welsh languages, Micah means "Who is Like Yahweh?". Micah is form of ever lasting, commonly accepted and biblical Michael. Michael is derivation of Michel. Michael is Latin form of Μιξαελ, a Greek Form the Hebrew Name מִיכָאֵל:. Meaning of Michael is Who Resembles God and Who is Like God? has origin in Hebrew. Micah is abridged form of Micaiah. Micaiah is form of biblical and commonly accepted Micah. Commonly Accepted Micaiah is originated from Hebrew language, Micaiah means "Who is Like Yahweh?" is substantially used in Hebrew and English.
Variants of Micah
View middle names that goes with Micah like Sherry, Indy, Rachael, Valery, Sade, Celeste,Names that rhyme with Micah
Popularity of Micah
a popular name in United States with over 105264 new-borns have been given the name since 1946. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 103rd spot and 3757 baby boys were given the name. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 48 times Micah is common in England and Wales where over 2563 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2008, it ranked 251st when 202 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in Netherlands with over 409 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. Recently the name is rising, in 2019, it ranked 169th when 104 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Micah is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. In France, it has been in use since 2003 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 1869th. Over 119 babies in France have been named Micah. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby boy names chart. But Micah is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in Kenya. As per our estimate, over 100000 people has been named Micah globally.
Micah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Micah?
Instead of wasting money, find a way to invest it in your future. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. It's time you give adventure and spontaneity a chance. Sincerity is something you respect and practice. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing. Don't make work your priority. Material success is not all that matters in life.
Other names similar to Micah
- Davud - Davud's meaning is Beloved is used as a baby boy name and is particulary used in Serbo-Croatian is of Hebrew origin
- Karmia - Principally used in English eternal and outstanding, Karmia used for baby girls has its origin in Hebrew. Karmia is English cognate of Carmel. Also Karmia is English equivalent of Carmen
- Emmas - Emmas's meaning is Emmaus aimed at baby girls is originated from Hebrew. Emmas is resultant of Emmaus.
- Sydelle - Unwonted Sydelle came from Hebrew is a girl name, meaning of Sydelle is "A Princess"
- Udi - Udis origin is Hebrew is mostly used in Hebrew and Hindi and is bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Udi is "Sympathetic or Water"
Namesakes of Micah
- Micah Hawkins, American poet, playwright, and composer
- Micah Joseph Lebensohn, Litvak poet who wrote in Hebrew
- Micah Williams, New Jersey folk art painter
- Micah Gunnell, animation director, storyboard artist
- Micah Sterling, American lawyer and politician from New York
- Micah Wright, American author
- Micah Barnes, Canadian pop singer-songwriter
- Micah Knorr, former American football punter
- Micah Richards, English professional footballer
- Micah Aivazoff, former professional ice hockey centre
- Micah Nathan, American writer
- Micah Hyde, English-born Jamaican former professional footballer
- Micah Bowie, former left-handed Major League Baseball pitcher
- Micah Garen, American documentary filmmaker and journalist whose work has focused on conflict zones
- Micah Alberti, American model and actor
- Micah Kogo, Kenyan long-distance runner,
- Micah P. Hinson, musical artist
- Micah Johnson, Canadian football defensive tackle for the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League
- Micah Owings, American professional baseball player
- Micah Jenkins, Confederate general in the American Civil War
- Micah Hoffpauir, American former professional baseball first baseman and outfielder
- Micah Smaldone, American singer
- Micah Taul, U.S. Representative from Kentucky
- Micah Brooks, U.S. Representative from New York
- Micah Kellner, Kellner was elected to the Assembly
- Micah Balfour, English actor
- Micah Materre in An Evening with Ossie Davis & Ruby Dee as
- Micah Magee in Petting Zoo as Director
- Micah Moore in Pretty as They Cum 2 as Actress
- Micah Ashley in CandyGirl Video: Sweet Satisfaction Kobe Lee as
- Micah J. Jones in 17 Again as Actor
- Micah Schraft in The Quiet as Writer
- Micah Tayloe Owens in Episode #1.1 as Actor
- Micah Minor in Hookup as Director
- Micah Sudduth in Black Metal as Actor
- Micah Cohen in Executive Protection as Actor
- In 2012, Micah Black characterized the role of 35 Year Old Zio in adventure and drama movie Winter's Wind.
- Micah Shane Ballinger, from 2007 comedy flick Someone for Everyone, who portrayed the Derek.
- Micah Bailey, from 2015 crime and drama film The Book of Mikey, who portrayed the Mikey.