Nissa meaning and origin
Nissa's meaning is Friendly Elf, A Remembered Loved One or Ladylike is originated from Scandinavian, Hebrew and African-Hausa bestowed upon girls is used especially in English, Hebrew and Arabic. Nissa is variation of Nyssa. Nyssa is a version of well-known Anissa. Also Nyssa is variant form of outstanding Nissa. Nissa is form of noteworthy Nerissa. Nerissa is variant of trendy Nereida. Also Nerissa is variant of Nericcia. Originated from Italian and Old Greek, Unfamiliar Nerissa, Nerissa means "Daughter of the Sea, Sea Nymph and Expectant" is used chiefly in English.
Variants of NissaNames that rhyme with Nissa
Popularity of Nissa
Nissa is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1968 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1974, it ranked 1464th when 68 girl were named Nissa. There are over 1481 babies that have been given the name Nissa in United States. Nissa is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales there is very thin chances of it still being given. In France, it has been in use since 1973 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 247 babies in France have been named Nissa.
Nissa is a rare baby name in Belgium still in use today. But Nissa is a popular baby name in Iran where every 1 in 7000 have the name. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numerology tells about Nissa?
Try to be more compassionate and humane. You are intelligent and independent. Having letter A at the end of your name symbolizes your free thinking and an open mind. Lower your expectations and give the person you truly like a chance to prove. You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition. You are a good listener but give the worst advice. Change your attitude to change your life for the better.
Go through the following names similar to Nissa
- Nimaat - Nimaat's meaning is Blessings or Loans is used as a girl name is substantially used in Arabic and Kannada
- Azhaar - Unisex name Azhaar is used largely in Arabic and Kannada, meaning of Azhaar is "Plural of Zahra or Flowers"
- Hurayth is used notably in Sindhi and Arabic is a baby boy name, Hurayth means "Small Cultivator"
- Sumaiya - The queer girl name Sumaiya means "Pure or The First Lady who Obtained Shahadat in Islam" is commonly used in Tamil and Arabic
- Madani - Prevalently used in Indian and Sanskrit recent and creative and adventurous, Madani means "Civilized, City Dweller or Refined" and is used for both genders is rooted from Arabic and Sanskrit
Namesakes of Nissa
- Nissa Hall in Watchful Eye as Actress
- Nissae Isen in Strange Bee-Havior/The Flighty Fly as Actress
- Nissa Von Reiter in White Orb as Actress