Anissa name meaning
On This Page
What does Anissa mean?
Of Old Greek, Arabic and Greek origin, Prominent Anissa is substantially used in Danish, Russian, Kannada, Swedish, Arabic, Norwegian, Finnish and English, a gender-neutral name, Anissa means "Pure, Variant of Anne or Agnes, Grace, Night-less, Compliance or Polite".
Anissa is derived from Agnes. Agnes is Latin cognate of The Greek Name ‘Αγνη. Agnes means Chaste and The Pure is originated from Celtic, Old Greek and Latin.. Also Anissa is form of Anna in Dutch language.
It is celebrated on January 21.
How Anissa is perceived as a baby name?
Anissa is a beautifully unique name for a baby girl that has gained popularity in recent years. It's a Hebrew name that means "satisfaction," which could indicate that your little Anissa brings joy and happiness to your life.
This pretty moniker is both melodic and memorable, making it an excellent choice for parents who are looking for something different without being too outlandish. It's also easy to spell and pronounce, which will make life easier for your little one as she grows up.
Overall, Anissa is a lovely name that has many qualities that make it stand out from the crowd!
How do I pronounce Anissa?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Anissa is a-nissa. an(is)-sa is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of AnissaNames that rhyme with Anissa
How popular is the name Anissa?
Anissa is a popular name in United States given to over 11967 babies in 54 years. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1971, the moniker grabbed the 348th spot and 724 baby girls were given the name.
Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 7 times Also, Anissa was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1948 around 18577 babies have been given the first name.
When at the peak of its usage in 1993, the moniker grabbed the 106th spot and 630 baby girls were given the name. However after 70 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 46 times
Anissa is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2009, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 117 on girl names chart when 87 babies were given the name Anissa. Over 1546 babies in Belgium have been named Anissa.
The given name is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 481 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Anissa.
Anissa is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 196 people have been named Anissa in England and Wales.
In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 400. There are over 208 babies that have been given the name Anissa in Switzerland.
Anissa is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today. But Anissa is a popular baby name in Algeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Morocco, Tunisia and Indonesia.
At least, 80000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Anissa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Anissa?
You have a sharp mind and focus. Helping people, protecting nature and animals are your main preoccupation. When it comes to life goals and career, you always give your best. You don't want anyone standing on your way or messing with your life just like you stay out of other people's lives and don't get in their way of success. It's far better than righting wrongs that can't be undone or fixed.
Other names similar to Anissa
- Mohammad - Cherished Mohammad is used majorly in Swedish, Persian and Norwegian is a unisex name. Its origin is in Arabic, Mohammad means "Praiseworthy, The Prophet of Islam or Highly Praised". In 2001, cherished name Mohammad reached 488th position in baby boy names list in United States
- Asah - Infrequent unisex name Asah means "Plant Known for Its Greenness". It is rooted from Hebrew is majorly used in Bengali and Hindi
- Anan - Unorthodox Anans origin is African-Ga and African-Akan is used predominantly in Arabic, Oriya and Hindi is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Anan is "Cloud, Joyful or Clouds"
- Shirin - Unwonted Shirin is originated from Old Persian and Arabic, Shirin means "Delicate, Enchanting or Goddess of Sculpture", used principally in Malayalam and Hindi is given to both sexes
- Nishat - The infrequent unisex name Nishat is mostly used in Tamil and Arabic, Nishat means "A Tree, Energy or Sincere"
Sibling Names for Anissa
Are you considering the name Anissa for your little bundle of joy? If so, you might want to explore some sibling names that complement and harmonize well with it. Here is a list of names that could be the perfect match for your new addition to the family.
Names for Anissa's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Anissa
- Anissa Jones, American child actress
- Anissa Helou, London-based cookbook author, teacher
- Anissa Davis in The Hollow One as Actress
- Anissa Williams in Gang Tapes as Casting Director
- Anissa Matlock in No Sanctuary as Actress
- Anissa Holmes in 4Ever as Actress
- Anissa Kate in In Bed with Katsuni as Actress
- Anissa Borrego in In Search of an Eating Disorder as Actress
- Anissa Adgharouamane in tvMovie Petite soeur as Actress
- In 2009 drama movie, We Fall Down, Anissa Chalmers played Minister Lindsey.
- In 2016 drama film, Burning Hope, Anissa Daoud played Zeineb.
Lists having Anissa
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -issa
- Girl names that starts with Ani
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Night
- Baby Names that mean Polite