Rebekah meaning and origin
Pleasing and Ceaseless Hebrew Rebekah means "Tie" is a unisex name is used mostly in Yiddish, English and Polish. Rebekah is a form of venerable and trendy Rebecca. Rebecca is equivalent of Rebekah in English language. Also Rebecca is form of Rebekka in Latin and English languages. Rebecca's meaning is Noose and Knotted Cord is of Hebrew origin.
Variants of Rebekah
View middle names that goes with Rebekah like Candice, Kelley, Kyler, Celestine, Mary, France,Names that rhyme with Rebekah
Popularity of Rebekah
Rebekah was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1883 around 73597 babies have been given the moniker. When at the peak of its usage in 1982, the moniker grabbed the 143rd spot and 2222 baby girls were given the name. However after 140 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 44 times
Rebekah used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 4276 babies have been given the name in 23 years. At its zenith in 1996,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Rebekah used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1991 and over 424 babies have been given the name in 4 years. At its zenith in 1992,. After 4 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In Queensland, Rebekah is a familiar name where it had been in use since for 13 from 1981 to 1998 and had secured the place in top 100 names. In 1992, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 38 on girl names chart when 93 babies were given the name Rebekah. Over 731 people have been named Rebekah in Queensland. Rebekah is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1976 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 162 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Rebekah. There are over 421 babies that have been given the name Rebekah in Ireland.
Rebekah is a rare baby name in France still in use today. But Rebekah is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 10000 have the name. At least, 70000 people globally have carried Rebekah as their given name according to our research.
Rebekah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Rebekah?
Hang around with new people but be selective. Spend time with other people and allow yourself to learn new things along the way. You hate being closely observed and have all eyes on you because of your low self-esteem. Your emotions are responsible for your success and great personality. Courage is what is missing in your life. Although you can't stand in one place for too long, if something catches your attention, you are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done perfectly.
Looking for a name like Rebekah? Please go through the following names
- Kailan - Meaning of Kailan is Pure, Keeper of the Keys or Laurel Tree is specifically used in English has its roots in Hebrew is aimed at both genders
- Chanti - Originated from Hebrew, Unfamiliar Chanti is a gender insensitive name, substantially used in Telugu, Hindi and Spanish, Chanti means "Peace or A Small Kid"
- Naheer - Meaning of Naheer is A Clearheaded and Bright Man aimed at boys is originated from Hebrew. Naheer is derived from Nahir.
- Shamier - Meaning of Shamier is Tidings and A Message or Tidings or That Which is Heard is of Hebrew origin is aimed at baby boys. Shamier is derivation of Shamir.
- Marusa prevalently is used in Slovenian is a girl name has its roots in Hebrew, meaning of Marusa is "Bitterness"
Namesakes of Rebekah
- Rebekah Colberg, Dr
- Rebekah Brooks, British journalist and former newspaper editor
- Rebekah Elmaloglou, Australian actress
- Rebekah Johnson, American singer-songwriter and actress from Ohio
- Rebekah Ryan, English female pop singer and songwriter
- Rebekah Del Rio, Mexican American singer/songwriter
- Rebekah Kochan, American actress
- Rebekah Higgs, Canadian indie rock singer, songwriter
- Rebekah Staton, English actress
- Rebekah Williams, Canadian former territorial level politician
- Rebekah Apodaca in The Quest for Suki as Actress
- Rebekah Farris in It's Really Odd as Actress
- Rebekah Brookes-Murrell in The Trials of Flavia Gemina as Actress
- Rebekah Giles in Fired Up! as Actress
- Rebekah Bowman in The Last of Her Blood as Actress
- Rebekah Rahnavardi in My Way as Producer
- Rebekah Gibbs in Get What You Deserve as Actress
- Rebekah Brockman in Bridge of Spies as Actress
- Rebekah Roberts in The Last Days of Toussaint L'Ouverture as Make-Up Department
- Actor Rebekah Baker, famous for tvMovie The Dollhouse Murders
- In 2017, Rebekah Kennedy characterized the role of Penny in drama flick To the Bone.
- In drama flick, All Is Forgiven, Rebekah Tripp played Janna.