Rena meaning and origin
Originated from Old Greek, African-Hausa, Latin, Germanic and Hebrew, Well-Known and Ceaseless Rena means "Of the Sea, Born Again, Reborn, Peaceful, Joyous Song, Melody, Actor of Nara, Council, Shy, Cute or Gem" is a unisex name is used mostly in Tamil, Gujarati, Hindi, German, Telugu, Marathi, Finnish, English, Malayalam, Danish, Norwegian, Oriya, Kannada, Greenlandic, Swedish and Bengali. Rena is form of trendy and biblical Rebecca. Rebecca is form of Rebekah in English language. Also Rebecca is English and Latin form of Rebekka. Of Hebrew origin, Admired and Evergreen Rebecca, Rebecca means "Captivating, Bound and Knotted Cord". Rena is a version of venerable and biblical Andrea. Andrea is form of Andrietta. Andrea is effeminate form of Andreas. Andrea is equivalent of Alexandria in Portuguese, English and Spanish languages. Also Andrea is Italian equivalent of Andreas. Meaning of Andrea is St Andrews, Feminine Form of Andrew and The Brave has origin in Old Greek. Rena is version of predominant and biblical Renée. Renée is equivalent of Renata in French language. Renée's meaning is Born Again is originated from Latin. Rena is shortened form of Marina. Marina is variant of all time favorite and recently skyrocketing Maria. Marina is effeminate version of Marinus. Meaning of Marina is Star of the Sea and Sailor of the Sea is rooted from Latin. Rena is a diminutive of Renate. Renate is version of biblical René. Also Renate is variant form of biblical and prominent Renata. Renate is an effeminate form of Renatus. Widespread and Ever lasting Renate has its origin in Latin, Renate means "Regenerate and Born Again". Rena is Frisian cognate of Old High German Names Beginning with Rein-.
Variants of Rena
View middle names that goes with Rena like Joelle, Elie, Gloria, Tricia, Graciela, Tracie,Names that rhyme with Rena
Popularity of Rena
a popular name in United States having over 38690 recievers in 158 years of usage. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1881, the moniker grabbed the 153rd spot and 576 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names a staggering 91 times Rena is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1688 (2000) in its 16 years run on England and Wales naming chart. It had a short run of 6 years on France girl names chart.
But Rena is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, India, Bangladesh and Philippines. At least, 120000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Rena in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Rena
Focus on spirituality and leave out the material success. You can't stand injustice. You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. They want to be adored and loved by others. If letter A is your capstone in your name, you are romantic by nature. However, you are also interested in action. Your emotions are responsible for your success and great personality. Having letter A as your capstone in your name represents the independent and carefree life you are living.
Do you like Rena? Read these names too
- Tyna - Originated from Germanic and Latin, Offbeat Tyna bestowed upon baby girls, Tyna means "Anointed or River" is used chiefly in Hindi and English
- Soren - Meaning of Soren is Strict Or Stern or Arise is used largely in English and Scandinavian and a gender insensitive name is originated from Latin
- Humbeline - The girl name Humbeline means "One That Works or Shadow" is of Latin origin is predominantly used in French
- Anorah - The infrequent and modern girl name Anorah means "Honor and The Word Honor with the Meaning Honor Valor" has its roots in Latin language is used in English. Anorah is derivative of Honora.
- Falesia is originated from Latin, Falesia means "Enjoying Good Luck, Happy and Fortunate" is aimed at baby girls. Falesia is resulted from Felicia.
Namesakes of Rena
- Rena Kyriakou, pianist and composer born in Herakleion, Crete
- Rena Sofer, American actress, known for her appearances
- Rena Vlahopoulou, Greek actress and singer
- Rena Heer, Canadian television personality on CP24 as of February 2009
- Rena Owen, New Zealand actress in theatre
- Rena Inoue, figure skater
- Rena Tanaka, Japanese actress and TV personality
- Rena Galibova, Tajik actress and opera singer
- Renato Powell in Poetic Justice as Actress
- Renate Stuurman in The Giver as Actress
- Rena Maeda is a Japanese woman.
- Rena Aßmann acted in movie Liebesmarkt in D�nemark
- Rena Dor portrayed central character of N in 1938 comedy, romance film Arravon met' empodion.
- Rena Murakami played the central character of Mona Hsia in 1993 action and comedy movie 1/3 qing ren.
- In 2004 action and comedy movie, Sodomu no Ichi, Rena Komine characterized Terêzu and Therese.
- Rena Rogers played the leading character of The Cricker as an adult in 1917 drama movie The Cricket.
- Rena Vets, from 1979 flick Dat moet toch kunnen, who portrayed the N.
- Rena Kuroki, from 1985 drama movie Koko kyôshi: Shisshin!, who characterized Kumi.
- In 2000 action and drama movie, Blood and Honor, Rena Watts portrayed Angela Marley.
- In 1971, Rena Kosmidou portrayed the role of N in drama, romance flick Mia voskopoula agapisa.
- In 1992 horror, thriller flick, Gao yang da lu shi, Rena Otomo played N.
- Rena Tabitha characterized the leading role of Julia Lowbatt in 2002 comedy film 5 Sehat 4 Sempurna.
- In 1964 crime film, Apagogi, Rena Hristaki played N.
- Rena Anakwe portrayed the central character of Clinic Receptionist in 2014 comedy and drama flick Martin's Pink Pickle.
Lists having Rena
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- African Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Ren
- Girl names that ends with -ena
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Peaceful
- Baby Names that mean Joyous
- Baby Names that mean Song
- Baby Names that mean Melody
- Baby Names that mean Council
- Baby Names that mean Shy
- Baby Names that mean Cute
- Baby Names that mean Gem