Ruben meaning and origin
Ruben means Lucky, Behold, A Son, A Son! In the Bible or Ruben is the Oldest Son of Jacob and Grandson of Abraham is originated from Hebrew which is used largely in Finnish, Sami, German, Hungarian, Norwegian, Spanish, Scandinavian, Faroese, Greenlandic, Danish, Dutch, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Tamil and Slavic is aimed at both boys and girls. Ruben is variant form of biblical, illustrous and timeless Reuben. Reuben is English cognate of Ruben. Reuben means A Son, Behold a Son and Behold is originated from Hebrew. It is celebrated on August 22nd.
Variants of Ruben
View middle names that goes with Ruben like London, Izaiah, Timmy, Freeman, Martin, Jayceon,Names that rhyme with Ruben
Popularity of Ruben
a popular name in United States having over 112582 recievers in 207 years of usage. When at its peak in 1980, it ranked 165th when 1805 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 139 times Also, Ruben was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1900 around 14331 babies have been given the first name. At its zenith in 2012, it ranked 65th when 1018 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 94 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 6 times Also, a popular name in Spain with over 30166 new-borns have been given the name since 2002. At the peak of its usage in 2006, 2737 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 18th position. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 15 times
A common name in England and Wales having over 5405 recievers in 23 years of usage. At present peaking at the charts, it ranked 132nd when 435 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Ruben is a common name in Switzerland given to over 1750 babies in 21 years. Currently the name is rising, in 2009, it ranked 70th when 109 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Ruben was a common name in Netherlands. Over 1916 babies have been named Ruben since 2015. At the peak of its usage in 2015,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, Ruben used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 2009 and over 118 babies have been given the name in 1 years. At its zenith in 2009,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Belgium, Ruben was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 5383 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2000,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Ruben is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1976 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 190 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Ruben. Over 337 babies in Ireland have been named Ruben. The given name is a rare baby name in Sweden there is very thin chances of it still being given. There are over 118 babies that have been given the name Ruben in Sweden. However things change on global perspective, Ruben is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Argentina, Philippines and Colombia. Also the baby name is popular in Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Bolivia, Cuba, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guatemala, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Honduras, Portugal, Mozambique, Angola, Panama, Armenia, Brazil, El Salvador, Papua New Guinea, India, Tanzania, Equatorial Guinea, DR Congo, Cameroon, South Africa and Nigeria. At least, 1740000 people globally have carried Ruben as their given name according to our research.
Ruben in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Ruben?
To have number 7 as your personality number means you are calm by nature and have a peaceful attitude about everything. You are extremely smart. You are a carefree and lively creature that's got the love for everyone, even your enemies, although you don't have much of those. To live the life you want, you have to work hard and put your best effort. You always put other people's needs and wishes before yours. But you just won't admit it.
Do you like Ruben? Read these names too
- Maurits came from Latin is a boy name is used notably in Norwegian and Danish. Maurits is form of Mauritz in Nordic language
- Frederik means Protection, Rich or Safety is used principally in Low German, Finnish and Scandinavian in general bestowed upon boys has its origin in Old High German and Germanic
- Alcindor - Uncommon boy name Alcindor is originated from German and Old Greek, meaning of Alcindor is "Helper and Defender of Mankind, Defender of Men and Warrior". Alcindor is resulted from Alexander.
- Kunigonde means Clan or Fight is of Old High German and Germanic origin used as a girl name is commonly used in Dutch
- Jorre came from Dutch and Old Greek is prevalently used in Dutch and Finnish and is given to baby boys, meaning of Jorre is "Boar"
Namesakes of Ruben
- Ruben Lagus, Finnish Major General
- Ruben III, Prince of Armenia, ninth lord of Armenian Cilicia or “Lord of the Mountains”
- Ruben II, Prince of Armenia, seventh lord of Armenian Cilicia or “Lord of the Mountains”
- Ruben Torres, politician in the Philippines
- Ruben I, Prince of Armenia, first lord of Armenian Cilicia or “Lord of the Mountains”
- Ruben Ecleo, Ruben Edera Ecleo Sr
- Ruben Garcia Jr., Ruben Garcia Jr
- Ruben Um Nyobé, anti-colonialist Cameroonian leader
- Ruben of Dairinis, Irish scholar
- Ruben Barrales, former Deputy Assistant to President George W. Bush
- Ruben Ramolefi, South African runner
- Ruben Nembhard, American professional basketball player
- Ruben Cotelo, Uruguayan writer, journalist, and literary critic
- Ruben Liljefors, Swedish composer and conductor
- Ruben Houkes, Dutch judoka
- Ruben Palma,
- Ruben Bolling, a cartoonist
- Ruben Studdard, American R&B, pop and gospel singer and actor
- Ruben DJ, Puerto Rican former rap star
- Ruben Kun, political figure
- Ruben Garcia, American NASCAR racer from South El Monte
- Ruben Kuzniecky, medical person
- Ruben Brown, former American football guard
- Ruben Hakhverdyan, popular Armenian poet, guitarist, singer
- Ruben Salazar, reporter for the 'Los Angeles Times
- Ruben Patterson, American former professional basketball player
- Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje, retired Cameroonian professional basketball player
- Ruben Wiki, former professional rugby league footballer of the 1990s and 2000s
- Ruben Cantu, Texan
- Ruben Armiñana, political scientist
- Ruben Rivers, Staff Sergeant in the 761st Tank Battalion
- Ruben and the Jets, American, Los Angeles-based rock band
- Ruben Rausing, founder of the liquid food packaging company Tetra Pak
- Ruben Castillo, Mexican-American boxer
- Ruben Zadkovich, former Australian professional football player
- Ruben Bagger, former Danish football player,
- Ruben A. Aquino, Filipino-Japanese American character animator and a supervising animator
- Ruben Tagalog, Filipino actor and musician
- Ruben Imingen, former Norwegian football defender
- Ruben Talberg, German-Israeli painter and photographer
- Ruben Habito, Filipino former Jesuit priest turned master practicing
- Ruben A. Cubero, highly decorated member of the United States Air Force
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson, American actor, playwright
- Ruben Douglas, Panamanian-American professional basketball player
- Ruben Vardanyan, Russian social entrepreneur, impact investor and venture philanthropist, cofounder of the Aurora Humanitarian Initiative
- Ruben Tovmasyan, General Secretary of the Armenian Communist Party
- Ruben Buriani, Italian former footballer
- Ruben Felix, bullpen catcher and batting practice pitcher for MLB's Baltimore Orioles
- Ruben Mendoza, dominant player in the St
- Ruben Sevak, Armenian poet, prose-writer, and doctor
- Ruben Impens in The Broken Circle Breakdown as Cinematographer
- Ruben Benavides in La banda del carro rojo as Actor
- Ruben Alves in movie The Gilded Cage as Director
- Ruben Medina, from 1995 drama flick Con el alma, who played N.
- In 1958, Ruben Mkrtchyan portrayed the role of Ashot as a child in drama film Mor sirte.
- In 2005 drama flick, Bonjour Michel, Ruben Rigillo played Ricky.
- In 2001, Ruben Gutierrez portrayed the role of N in action movie Galleros de tierra caliente.
- In 2004 drama, romance flick, The Graffiti Artist, Ruben Bansie played Nick.
- In 2010 horror and sci-fi movie, Ashes, Ruben Ferrer portrayed Droopy.
- Ruben V. Suarez, from action flick Pistolero, who portrayed the Pistolero.
- Ruben Amarillo, from 2017 thriller film Stranger's Relative, who played Mafia Man.
Lists having Ruben
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2013)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2014)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2009)
- Baby Names that mean Lucky
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Bible