Samara meaning and origin
Used mostly in Tamil, Arabic, Marathi, Hindi, Spanish and English frequently used, Samara has its origin in Hebrew and is given to both genders, Samara means "Accompanied by Gods, Guarded, Outlook, Result, Guardian or Protected by God, Elm Seed, Soft Pleasant Light or A Narrator of Hadith".
Variants of SamaraNames that rhyme with Samara
Popularity of Samara
Samara is a popular name in United States given to over 15797 babies in 70 years. At present peaking at the charts, it ranked 256th when 1261 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 9 times Samara is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 590 on girl names chart when 54 babies were named Samara. Over 922 people have been named Samara in England and Wales.
Samara is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1977 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2007, it ranked 1024th when 41 girls were named Samara. There are over 461 babies that have been given the name Samara in France. Samara is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 500. Over 191 people have been named Samara in Switzerland.
Samara is a rare baby name in Belgium and may not be used now. But Samara is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 140000 have the name as well as in, Iraq, Brazil and Kyrgyzstan. At least, 50000 people globally have carried Samara as their given name according to our findings.
Samara in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Samara
You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. To have letter A as your capstone in your name indicates your independence and ambitious attitude. You are a wise person. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. When it comes to love you are incapable of expressing emotions. You have a quick mind. You never take a leap of faith but do things with a plan.
Do you like Samara? Other names you would love
- Isadore - The famous and perennial unisex name Isadore is used prevalently in English and German, Isadore means "Gift of Isis" has origin in Old Greek. In 1924, prominent Isadore was the 499th most popular name on the list of baby boy names in United States
- Camilla - Long standing and Acclaimed Camilla specifically is used in Scandinavian and Icelandic came from Latin and Greek, meaning of Camilla is "Free-born or Attendant of Temple" is given to both sexes
- Dusty - Loved Dusty is used especially in Swedish and English aimed at both boys and girls, Dusty means "Form of Dustin or Valiant Fighter" is originated from Old Norse and English
- Marely - Meaning of Marely is Merrily is used prevalently in English is used as a girl name
- Jaylin means A Bird of Light, A Blue and Crested Bird is used in English and rooted from English-American and English is a gender-neutral name. Jaylin is spelling variant of Jaylyn.
Namesakes of Samara
- Samara Barend, 2004 Democratic Party nominee for the U.S. House of Representatives for the 29th Congressional district of New York State
- Samara Bay in X-Men: Days of Future Past as Miscellaneous Crew
- Samara Chopra in In the Wild as
- Samara Kelly in The Track Meet as Actress
- Samara Felippo in A Casa das Sete Mulheres as Actress
- Samara Stern in Going Down as Actress
- Samara Lerman in The Gamers: Hands of Fate as Actress
- Samara Lee in Foxcatcher as Actress
- Samara Amat in A Birder's Guide to Everything as Actress
- Samara Couri in Hidden as Actress
- Samara Doucette in video Drainiac! as Actress
- Samara Claros played leading role of Isa niña in 2018 comedy film El tamaño si importa.
- In 2017 adventure and comedy movie, The Babysitter, Samara Weaving portrayed Bee.
Lists having Samara
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Sam
- Girl names that ends with -ara
- Baby Names that mean Guarded
- Baby Names that mean Mountain
- Baby Names that mean Reward
- Baby Names that mean Guardian
- Baby Names that mean Protected
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Soft
- Baby Names that mean Pleasant
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Narrator