Samira name meaning
What does Samira mean?
Loved Samira is used notably in Bengali, Gujarati, Danish, Kannada, Marathi, Hindi, Norwegian, Arabic, Malayalam, Telugu, Finnish, Tamil, Sanskrit, Swedish and Oriya is a baby girl name has its roots in Hebrew and Arabic, Samira means "A Chameli Flower, Pleasant Community, Evening Conversationalist, Friend of the Night, Gust of Wind, Companion of Vigil or Enchanting". Samira is form of trendy Samara. Samara's meaning is Mountain Lookout and Seedling came from Hebrew. Samira is feminine variation of Samir. Samir's meaning is Companion of Vigil, Jovial and A Companion who Joins in an Evening Conversation has its origin in Arabic.
Variants of SamiraNames that rhyme with Samira
How popular is the name Samira?
Samira was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1954 around 12856 babies have been given the moniker. When at its peak in 1980, it ranked 107th when 648 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 65 years, the name has past its prime. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 41 times Samira is common in United States where over 6571 new-borns have been given the name since 1961. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2003, it ranked 788th when 313 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Samira was a common name in Switzerland. Over 1775 babies have been named Samira since 1998. When at the peak of its usage in 2005,. After 21 years, the name has past its prime.
Samira is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 410 on girl names chart when 89 babies were given the name Samira. Over 1332 babies in England and Wales have been named Samira. The moniker is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 364 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Samira. Over 424 people have been named Samira in Belgium.
Samira is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. However things change on global perspective, Samira is extremely popular in Iran where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Pakistan, Morocco and Algeria. Also the baby name is popular in Iraq, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Yemen, Sudan, Egypt, Tunisia, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, India, Brazil, Palestine, Tajikistan, Niger, Mozambique, Libya, Russia, Kenya, Uzbekistan, Ghana, Central African Republic, Somalia, Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania and Spain. As per our estimate, over 1620000 babies have been bestowed Samira around the globe.
Samira in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Samira
Try to be more compassionate and humane. You know you have the power to realize your dreams and build your ideal life. You are your own person who likes to live on the edge. You like your relationships build on trust and respect. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition. If you get too attached to everyone, what will you do when if they leave one day?
Do you like Samira? Other names you would love
- Ghali - Outlandish and Fresh boy name Ghali is specifically used in African and Arabic, Ghali means "Expensive or Valuable"
- Beker - Originated from Hebrew and Arabic, Beker is particulary used in Hebrew and English, Beker means "Early, Senior or First" is used as a boy name
- Kamaliyah - Used principally in Arabic and Sindhi new-fangled and queer, Kamaliyah means "Perfection or Name of a Traditionalist" is a girl name
- Sohil - Sohil's meaning is Beautiful or Charming Beautiful used for boys, used mostly in Kannada, Hindi and Marathi has its origin in Sanskrit
- Sabriya - The queer girl name Sabriya means "Patient or Fem of Sabri", primarily used in English and Arabic came from Celtic and Arabic
Famous people named Samira
- Samira Bellil, French feminist activist and a campaigner for the rights of girls and women
- Samira Khashoggi, Saudi Arabian progressive author
- Samira Makhmalbaf, internationally acclaimed Iranian filmmaker and script writer
- Samira Said, Moroccan-Egyptian Arabic pop singer
- Samira Ahmed, British freelance journalist, writer and broadcaster at the BBC
- Samira Radsi in Anduni - Fremde Heimat as Director
- Samira Kawas in Leo the African as Producer
- Samira Jowkar in Iniquity as Miscellaneous Crew
- Samira Izadi in Driving to Zigzigland as Actress
- Samirah Saja in Divorce: A Journey Through the Kids' Eyes as
- Samira Draa in Kingdom of Heaven as Actress
- Samira Damavandi in House of Sand and Fog as Actress
- Samira Lachhab in La revenante as Actress
- Samira Chatila in Shahin & Kim Somers as Producer
- Samira Mohamed Ali in Molly Crows as Actress
- Samira Koppikar is an Indian singer-songwriter. She has been involved in music since 2005. She made her entrance to the Bollywood as a playback singer from the year 2014. She became acquainted with her two of her first songs, such as "Aaj Phir
- Samira Khouloussi characterized the minor role of N in 1936 drama, romance movie Antar effendi.
Lists having Samira
- Girl names beginning with S
- Arabic Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Sanskrit Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Pleasant
- Baby Names that mean Evening
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean Night
- Baby Names that mean Wind
- Baby Names that mean Cool
- Baby Names that mean Breeze
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Companion