Sunny meaning and origin
Sunny's meaning is Bright, Cheerful, Brilliant, Of the Sun, Filled with Sunlight, Shining, Happy or Optimistic has origin in English and is used for both genders is particulary used in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Sikh, Sindhi, Hindi, English, Telugu, Gujarati and Finnish. Sunny is variant form of outstanding Sunni. Sunni is form of noteworthy Sunny. Also Sunni is a variation of fresh Sunniva.
Variants of SunnyNames that rhyme with Sunny
Popularity of Sunny
Sunny is a common name in United States given to over 12372 babies in 208 years. Presently the name is rising, in 1975, it ranked 540th when 319 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Sunny is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 629 on boy names chart when 43 babies were named Sunny. Over 882 people have been named Sunny in England and Wales. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1971 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1994, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 657 on boy names chart when 35 babies were named Sunny. Over 722 people have been named Sunny in France.
Sunny is a rare baby name in Ireland still in use today. But Sunny is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Philippines, Canada, China and Pakistan. According to our research, over 230000 babies have been named Sunny globally.
Sunny in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Sunny
You stand for inner strength, smartness, solitude, single, superior, sensitive, and everything that comes with an “s”. No one can hurt you unless you let it. You are full of dignity, charm, and have a lot of admirers because of your openness and kind nature. When it comes to love, you easily get tired of being with one person only. Become best at what you do for a living. As every person has its flaws, you are not an exception.
If you like Sunny, you would love these names
- Sumer - Uncommon unisex name Sumer has origin in English which is principally used in English and Sikh languages, meaning of Sumer is "Gold Mountain"
- Ivie - Prominent and Enduring Ivie is originated from English is prevalently used in Danish, English and Finnish used as a unisex name, Ivie means "Valuable Coral Beads, Ivy Plant or Ivy Tree"
- Presh - The girl name Presh is rooted from English, Presh means "Loved, Of Great Value and Highly Esteemed". Presh is derivation of Precious.
- Bradly - Renowned Bradly came from Old English is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Bradly is "Dweller at the Broad Meadow, Broad Clearing or Broad Field" is majorly used in English and English
- Caydan - Originated from Old English, New-fangled and Uncommon Caydan means "Lumpy, Gentle and Round" is in general used for both sexes. Caydan is derived from Cade.
Namesakes of Sunny
- Sunny Murray, was one of the pioneers of the free jazz style of drumming
- Sunny Rogers, English entertainer best
- Sunny Skylar, American composer, singer, lyricist
- Sunny Mehta, former Director of Hockey Analytics for the New Jersey Devils
- Sunny Abberton, founding member of the Australian surf tribe
- Sunny Day Real Estate, American rock band from Seattle, Washington
- Sunny Leone, Canadian-born Indian-American actress and model
- Sunny von Bülow, American heiress and socialite
- Sunny Deol, Indian film actor
- Sunny Garcia, professional surfer
- Sunny Chan, Hong Kong television and film actor
- Sunny Mabrey, American actress and model
- Sunny Lax, Hungarian trance music and progressive house producer
- Sunny Hundal, British journalist, blogger and academic
- Sunny Hill, South Korean girl group
- Sunny Golloway, head baseball coach at Auburn
- Sunny Besen Thrasher, Canadian former child actor
- Sunny Day Service, three-piece Japanese rock band which
- Sunny Duval, Québécois rock guitarist and songwriter
- Sunny Jain, American dhol player, drummer, and composer
- Sunny Ekeh Kingsley, Nigerian retired professional footballer
- Sunny Lowry, first British woman to swim the English Channel
- Sunny Boy, Namibian rapper from Ongwediva
- Sunny Hostin in Guest Co-Hostesses S.E. Cupp & Sunny Hostin/Tyra Banks/T.I. as
- Sunny Ormonde in Tequila Perfect as Actress
- Sunny Hartnett in Funny Face as Actress
- Sunny Wagner in Milk as Actress
- Sunny Chae in Deconstructing Harry as Actress
- Sunny Bergman in Our Colonial Hangover as
- Sunny Blue in Hustler Platinum: Brazilian Snake as Actress
- Sunny Daye in Born to Be Maid as Actress
- Sunny Keller in Death Inc. as Actress
- Sunny Boyd acted in movie Five Loose Women
- In 2012 comedy, drama film, Mr Singh Wants PR, Sunny Sehgal portrayed Dildar.
- Sunny Suwanmethanont characterized central role of Khaiyoi in 2005 drama, romance film Pheuan sanit.
- Sunny Singh Nijjar played the crucial role of Chauka in 2015 comedy and drama film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2.
Lists having Sunny
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Cheerful
- Baby Names that mean Full
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Happy
- Baby Names that mean Day
- Baby Names that mean Sunny
- Baby Names that mean Brilliant
- Baby Names that mean Filled
- Baby Names that mean Shining