Theresa name meaning
What does Theresa mean?
Pleasing and Ceaseless Old Greek Theresa is used especially in Danish, Swedish, English, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and German, meaning of Theresa is "Harvester, Summer, One who Reaps, Reaper, The Hunteress, End of Thera Tribe or Hunter" is a unisex name . Theresa is a version of lofty and perennial Theresia. Theresia is version of sacred and enduring Theresa. Theresia is form of The Spanish Name Teresa of Uncertain Origin;Meaning  in Latin language. Meaning of Theresia is The Hunteress came from Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Theresa?
th(e)-re-sa is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Theresa.
Variants of Theresa
Keleka, Theresia, Teressia, Teressa, Tessy, Tessa, Tracee, Theresamarie, Marie
Nicknames for Theresa
The name Theresa has plateful of nicknames like:Names that rhyme with Theresa
How popular is the name Theresa?
Theresa is an extremely popular in United States where over 404750 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At present the name is rising, in 1956, 11964 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 32nd position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 20 times A common name in Ireland having over 1954 recievers in 53 years of usage. Currently the name is rising, in 1964, it ranked 61st when 109 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Theresa is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 604 on girl names chart when 42 babies were named Theresa. Over 560 people have been named Theresa in England and Wales. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1900 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1905, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 266 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Theresa. Over 2153 babies in France have been named Theresa. Also, during its short run of just 10 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1966, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 80 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Theresa. Over 427 people have been named Theresa in Queensland.
Theresa is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 125 people have been named Theresa in Switzerland. However things change on global perspective, Theresa is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 1000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Zambia, England, Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Philippines, Liberia, Germany, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea and Egypt. At least, 1070000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Theresa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Theresa
People respect you for always serving the ugly truth instead of lies. You are always open to new adventures. You have to accept that better days are coming and stop grieving over the good old ones. You deliver your promises. This is why people trust you with their life. You are independent and capable to provide for you and your family. In order to truly succeed in life, you have to work on your personality first.
Looking for a name like Theresa? Please go through the following names
- Mennie - Infrequent girl name Mennie is used specifically in Swedish, meaning of Mennie is "To Love or Moon" has origin in Greek
- Jørgen - Boy name Jørgen means "Earthworker or Farmer", used in Greenlandic, Scandinavian and Norwegian is originated from Old Greek
- Anaklet is used dominantly in German is a boy name is came from Old Greek, Anaklet means "Called On or Invoked"
- Rhodas has its origin in Old Greek is used as a boy name, Rhodas means "A Rose, From Rhodes and Garden of Roses". Rhodas is derivative of Rhodes.
- Isidor - The prevalent and all time favorite boy name Isidor means "Gift of the Goddess Isis or Gift of Isis" and is used majorly in Finnish and German is originated from Old Greek
Famous people named Theresa
- Theresa Berkley, 19th-century English dominatrix
- Theresa LePore, former Supervisor of Elections for Palm Beach County
- Theresa Burke, Canadian writer
- Theresa Yelverton, English woman
- Theresa Ahearn, Irish Fine Gael politician
- Theresa Williams, contemporary fiction writer whose works include 'The Secret of Hurricanes: A Novel' and short stories
- Theresa Ducharme, Canadian disability rights activist and a perennial candidate for public office
- Theresa Needham, American tavern owner
- Theresa A. Jones, researcher and professor at the University of Texas at Austin and the Institute for Neuroscience
- Theresa May, British politician serving as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party since 2016
- Theresa Villiers, British Conservative Party politician
- Theresa Oswald, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Theresa Sokyrka, Canadian singer-songwriter
- Theresa Laanui, descendant of Kalokuokamaile
- Theresa Kunegunda Sobieska, Polish princess
- Theresa Arnold, female boxer
- Theresa Thomason, American Gospel music singer
- Theresa Rebeck, American playwright, television writer
- Theresa Russell, American actress
- Theresa Saldana, American actress and author
- Theresa Randle, American actress
- Theresa of Portugal, Countess of Flanders, was Countess of Flanders by marriage to Philip I
- Theresa of Portugal, Queen of León, was Queen of Léon as the first wife of King Alfonso IX of León
- Theresa Fu, Hong Kong Cantopop singer
- Theresa Merritt, American stage, film
- Theresa Hak Kyung Cha, American novelist, producer, director
- Theresa Weld, American figure skater
- Theresa Breslin, Scottish author
- Theresa Tomlinson, English writer for children
- Theresa Duncan, American video game designer, blogger
- Theresa Knorr, American woman convicted of torturing and murdering two of her six children while using the others to facilitate and cover up her crimes
- Theresa Andrews, American former competitive swimmer and Olympic champion
- Theresa Grentz, college coach
- Theresa Fair Oelrichs, American socialite
- Theresa Ferrara, Italian-American born in South Ozone Park, Queens
- Theresa Sparks, candidate for San Francisco Supervisor for District 6
- Theresa Lamebull, was reputedly a supercentenarian believed to have been the oldest living member of the Gros Ventre Tribe of Montana and possibly the oldest Native American ever recorded
- Theresa Bernstein, Polish-born American artist, painter, and writer
- Theresa Andersson, singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist
- Theresa Baskauskas in Bamboozled as
- Theresa Anna Luther in Cloud Atlas as Costume and Wardrobe Department
- Theresa St. Clair in The Last Boy Scout as Actress
- Theresa Corrao in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as Visual Effects
- Theresa Hickey in Man Up as Thanks
- Theresa Wylie in Captain America: The Winter Soldier as Actress
- Theresa Wasiloski in Monsters Among Us as Actress
- Theresa Burkhart Gallagher in Schmoolie the Deathwatcher as Writer
- Theresa Berlage in Adam & Eva as Actress
- Theresa Cole characterized vital role of Carrie in 2014 drama film Love in the Post.
- In 1997, Theresa Constantine characterized the role of Christine Irvine in horror movie The Vicious Sweet.
- In 1988 horror movie, Evil Altar, Theresa Cooney characterized Teri Connors.
- Theresa Lee, from 1996 action and crime movie Chung fung dui liu feng gai tau, who characterized Apple.
- Theresa Lynn characterized critical role of Shirley in 1995 comedy and horror flick Vampire Vixens from Venus.
- Theresa Bianchi played significant role of N in 1974 comedy movie O Supermanso.
- In drama film, Worthy the movie, Theresa Mills characterized Catherine.
- Theresa Aceves characterized the leading role of Sister Anne in 1997 drama flick Headless.
- Theresa Fenneaux played significant role of Maria Beniley in 1990 crime, horror movie Demon Cop.
- Theresa Dyer played key role of Kathy in 2007 drama film Pretty in the Face.
- In 2013 mystery, thriller movie, Morgan Family Picnic, Theresa Galeani portrayed Morgan.
- In 2013, Theresa Bowers characterized the role of Mrs. Bibs in drama flick Pathways of Life.
- In 2009 comedy flick, Island Bruthas, Theresa Dawes played Tara.
Lists having Theresa
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -esa
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1981)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1969)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1976)
- Baby Names that mean Harvester
- Baby Names that mean Summer
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Hunteress
- Baby Names that mean End
- Baby Names that mean Tribe
- Baby Names that mean Hunter