Zara name meaning
On This Page
What does Zara mean?
The name Zara is of Hebrew origin and means "princess." It is a popular name in many Muslim countries. The name was first used in England in the 17th century.
There are many famous people named Zara, including:
Zara Tindall, British equestrian and member of the Royal Family; Zara Larsson, Swedish pop singer; Zara Phillips, British eventing Olympic gold medalist and member of the Royal Family
There are many reasons why Zara is a great baby name choice.
It is unique and has a beautiful meaning. It also has a strong association with positive qualities like wealth, wisdom, and royalty. Additionally, it's easy to pronounce and has a pleasant sound.
If you're looking for a name that will make your child stand out from the crowd, Zara is an excellent option.
Does Zara work as a baby name?
Zara is a unique and beautiful name that parents often choose for their baby girls. The name has a pleasant sound and is easy to pronounce, making it an attractive option for many families.
Zara has a certain charm and elegance to it that sets it apart from other names. Its Arabic origin adds to its appeal, as it carries with it the connotation of radiance and blooming flowers.
Overall, Zara is a great choice for parents who are looking for a meaningful and beautiful name for their little girl.
How do I pronounce Zara?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Zara as zarr-ah. Some people pronounce it as zah-ruh.
Variants of ZaraNames that rhyme with Zara
How popular is the name Zara?
Zara is a popular name in United States given to over 11333 babies in 108 years. Presently at its peak, it ranked 253rd when 1275 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 500 baby names 6 times Also, Zara was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 15105 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2014, 938 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 67th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but still performing better than most of the names.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 17 times
Zara is common in Ireland where over 1394 new-borns have been given the name since 1982. At its zenith in 2019, 130 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 43rd position.
Also, Zara is a common name in Netherlands given to over 381 babies in 5 years. Presently the name is rising, in 2019, it ranked 144th when 102 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Also, In New South Wales, Zara was once a common name since emerging in 2005 it has been given to over 2996 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2016,.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 15 years but it is still going strong. Also, Zara used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 2012 and over 1043 babies have been given the name in 8 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 8 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 8 times Also, Zara is common in Victoria where over 1931 new-borns have been given the name since 2008.
At its zenith in 2013, it ranked 19th when 218 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 11 times
Zara is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1923 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 799 on girl names chart when 51 babies were named Zara. Over 876 people have been named Zara in France. Zara is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 2006, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 279 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Zara. Over 452 people have been named Zara in Belgium.
Zara is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland where it has been in use since 1998 and achieved its top ranking of 363 in 2007.
Over 180 babies in Switzerland have been named Zara. But Zara is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Chad, Niger, Cameroon, Russia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Madagascar, Burkina Faso, England, Uzbekistan and Syria.
According to our findings, at least 380000 people have been bestowed Zara around the globe.
Zara in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Zara
People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. Mistakes are the only way to become better at something. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. You don't want anyone standing on your way or messing with your life just like you stay out of other people's lives and don't get in their way of success.
Do you like Zara? You would love these names
- Kashifah - Girl name Kashifah means "Reveler of Secrets or Revealer of Secrets" is specifically used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Afrin - New-fangled and Unorthodox Afrin is used majorly in Tamil, Hindi and Arabic, Afrin means "Lucky, Praise or Happiness" is used as a baby girl name
- Mandana means Cheerful, Everlasting or Decoration came from Persian and Sanskrit which is chiefly used in Gujarati, Sanskrit and Persian is aimed at both boys and girls
- Riyad - Unfamiliar Riyad is originated from Arabic language is used as a baby boy name, Riyad means "Garden, Gardens or Water Basin" is substantially used in Arabic, Hindi and Sindhi
- Tariqah primarily is used in Arabic and Arabic bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Tariqah is "Always Victorious, Warrior or Morning Star"
Famous people named Zara
- Zara Yaqob, from the old province of Shewa
- Zara Levina, Soviet pianist and composer
- Zara Glover,
- Zara Nelsova, prominent cellist
- Zara Mints, Slavic literary scientist active
- Zara Turner, Northern Irish actress
- Zara Tindall, British equestrian and Olympian
- Zara Cully, American actress
- Zara Bate, Australian fashion designer and socialite
- Zara Sheikh, Pakistani model, actress and singer
- Zara Whites, adult biography
- Zara Nutley, British television actress
- Zara Lopez in Dampi as Actress
- Zara Durrani in Music of the Soul as
- Zarah Jane McKenzie in Gegen die Wand as Actress
- Zara Siddiqi in Queen Thistle's Teapot as Actress
- Zara Dimitrova in Company of Heroes as Actress
- Zara Dawson in Down to Earth as Actress
- Zara Clinton is renowned for her acting in movie Sunrise
Lists having Zara
- Girl names beginning with Z
- African Girl Names
- Arabic Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Portuguese Girl Names
- Slavic Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Princess
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Dawn
- Baby Names that mean Blossom
- Baby Names that mean Radiance
- Baby Names that mean Queen
- Baby Names that mean Blossoming
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Heaven
- Baby Names that mean Day
- Baby Names that mean Bright