Addison meaning and origin
Trendy and Ceaseless Addison is originated from English and Hebrew, Addison means "Son of the Red Earth, Son of Adam, Man or Humanity", a gender-neutral name is largely used in English. It is celebrated on December 24.
Variants of Addison
View middle names that goes with Addison like Kadin, Kamden, Wallace, Craig, Nole, Carlton,Names that rhyme with Addison
Popularity of Addison
Addison was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 134224 babies have been given the moniker in 176 years. When at its peak in 2007, 11946 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 176 years. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 13 times In New South Wales, Addison was once a common name since emerging in 2008 it has been given to over 1145 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2011,. However after 11 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Addison used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 2008 and over 1036 babies have been given the name in 12 years. When at its peak in 2011,. After 12 years, the name has past its prime.
Addison is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. Recently in 2017, 95 babies were given Addison and it reached its peak ranking, 464 on girl names chart. There are over 1657 babies that have been given the name Addison in England and Wales. Also, in Victoria, in just 9 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 54 on girl names chart when 84 babies were given the name Addison. Over 653 babies in Victoria have been named Addison.
Addison is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2007 and peaked in 2019 when it ranked 247th. There are over 158 babies that have been given the name Addison in Ireland. In France, it has been in use since 2001 and peaked in 2015 when it ranked 2319th. Over 113 people have been named Addison in France. Also, Addison is a familiar name in Ghana, Canada, Brazil and Philippines. According to our findings, over 130000 babies have been named Addison globally.
Addison in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Addison?
You have a restless spirit and booming energy. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. You are a child of change. You hate copying others. You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right. You are all about adventure and travel. Your main characteristics are determination, courage, and enterprise. Don't judge someone the moment you meet the person but give people time to prove their value.
Parents who liked Addison, loved these names
- Thomasina - Well-Known girl name Thomasina is used substantially in English. Its origin is in Aramaic, meaning of Thomasina is "Little Twin or Twin"
- Feilding - Boy name Feilding is used prevalently in English language, meaning of Feilding is "From the Field"
- Eardly chiefly is used in English bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Eardly is "English Place Name or Surname"
- Gauge - Meaning of Gauge is Assayer is used as a boy name which came from Old English is prevalently used in English
- Cranley came from English is particulary used in English and is given to boys, meaning of Cranley is "From the Meadow of Cranes or From the Crane Meadow"
Namesakes of Addison
- Addison Webster Moore, U.S. pragmatist philosopher
- Addison Gardiner, American lawyer and politician
- Addison H. Laflin, American politician from New York
- Addison White, American politician
- Addison James, United States Representative from Kentucky
- Addison Emery Verrill, American zoologist
- Addison Baker, was commander of the 93rd Bombardment Group
- Addison Mizner, American resort architect whose Mediterranean Revival and Spanish Colonial Revival style interpretations left an indelible stamp on South Florida
- Addison Bain, retired NASA scientist and founding member of the National Hydrogen Association
- Addison Niles, associate justice on the Supreme Court of California
- Addison G. Foster, United States Senator from Washington
- Addison T. Smith, congressman from Idaho
- Addison Brown, United States federal judge
- Addison Timlin, American actress
- Addison S. McClure, U.S. Representative from Ohio
- Addison Richards, Addison Whittaker Richards, Jr
- Addison Pratt, early Latter-day Saint convert and missionary
- Addison Hoover in When Night Meets Day as Actress
- Addison O'Riley in Meet the Sexxxtons as Actress
- Addison Ryder in Kissing Kousins as Actress
- Addison Cain in Cheerleaders Academy as Actress
- Addison Belgium in My First Interracial 2 as Actress
- Addison Aguilera in The Tortoise and His Tail as Actress
- Addison LaFountain in Broken Bones - Shattered Dreams, a Story of Hope as
- Addison Cook acted in movie Malcolm X
- In 2013 comedy and drama film, Bachelorette's Degree, Addison Switzer characterized Uncle Jacob.
Lists having Addison
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Red
- Baby Names that mean Earth
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Humanity