Aine name meaning
On This Page
What does Aine mean?
Widely Accepted girl name Aine means "Fire Brightness Splendor or The Word Aed with the Meaning Fire" which came from Old Irish and Celtic is used specifically in Finnish, Irish, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish.
Aine is form of sacred and modernistic Eithne. Eithne is feminine variant of Aidan. Prevalently used in Danish, Scottish and Irish famed, Eithne is rooted from Celtic and Old Irish, meaning of Eithne is "The Word Aed Which is of the Meaning Fire and Eithne".
Aine is form of Aini in Estonian language.
How about the name Aine for a baby?
Aine is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl. With Irish origins, it carries the meanings of brilliance and happiness, which are perfect qualities to instill in a child.
The name has a lovely sound to it, making it easy to pronounce and remember. Aine is not as common as some other names, so it gives the child an individualistic identity that sets her apart from others.
Additionally, its Irish roots make it ideal for those who have ancestral ties to Ireland or those who simply appreciate Irish culture. Overall, Aine is a charming and delightful choice for parents looking for a baby girl name with meaning and cultural significance.
How do I pronounce Aine?
One syllabled Aine is pronounced as AWN-ya. There should be emphasis on first AWN syllable while speaking. The name can also be pronounced as a(i)-ne.
Variants of Aine
Middle Names for Aine
Kina, Eire, Liana, view more middle names that goes with AineNames that rhyme with Aine
How popular is the name Aine?
Aine is common in Ireland where over 7401 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. When at its peak in 1992, 213 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 27th position.
Aine is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1966 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 2003, it ranked 2438th when 67 girl were named Aine.
There are over 1329 babies that have been given the name Aine in United States.
Aine is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names.
In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 607 on girl names chart when 43 babies were named Aine. There are over 696 babies that have been given the name Aine in England and Wales.
Aine is a common name in Pakistan while somewhat familiar name in Northern Ireland, England, DR Congo, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Australia, Brazil, Malaysia, India, Spain, Senegal and Canada. At least, 10000 people globally have carried Aine as their given name according to our findings.
Aine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Aine?
Unexpected problems boost your confidence and raise your adrenaline because you look at them as ways to prove you can handle just about everything coming on your way. You have a quick mind. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. Work on your ability to understand how people feel. You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time.
Other names similar to Aine, for name hunters
- Nanon is used principally in French aimed at baby girls is originated from Gothic and Hebrew, Nanon means "Graceful, Grace or Mercy"
- Kevan - Well-Liked Kevan has its origin in Celtic, Kevan means "Graceful" used for both genders is used especially in Finnish, Swedish and Danish
- Ciana - Meaning of Ciana is Orange-Red Which was First Used In 1760 and Derives from Italian Terra Di Sienna = Earth of Siena, a City In Central Italy, Where the Coloring Material was First Produced and Reddish-Brown is used in English and Italian and rooted from Celtic and Hebrew is bestowed upon girls. Ciana is derivation of Sienna.
- Kenaël - Kenaël means "White or Happy or Angel" has origin in Celtic
- Judicael - Celtic name Judicael means "Lord or Generous"
Sibling Names for Aine
If you're looking for sibling names to go with the beautiful name Aine, we've got you covered! Here are some suggestions that complement Aine's Irish heritage and unique sound. Whether you're expecting one or multiple babies, these names will make for a perfectly cohesive and charming family.
Sister to Aine
For a brother
Famous people named Aine
- Aine O'Connor in In the Name of the Father as Actress
- Actor Aine Carlin, well-known for short Best
Lists having Aine
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ine
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2017)
- Baby Names that mean Fire
- Baby Names that mean Brightness
- Baby Names that mean Splendor