Ana name meaning
On This Page
What does Ana mean?
Trendy and All time favorite unisex name Ana means "Form of Anna, Gracious, God's Favour or Mercy" and is mostly used in Finnish, Portuguese, Telugu, Kannada, Arabic, Bengali, Norwegian, Swedish, Slavic, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati, Danish, Oriya, Malayalam, Spanish, Hindi and English has origin in Hebrew.
Ana is a form of ever lasting and biblical Anna. Anna is version of Hanna    . Also Anna is version of Germanic Names Beginning with Arn-. Anna is equivalent of Channah or Hannah in Latin, Old Greek and Greek languages.
Anna's meaning is Full of Grace and Elder Brother is originated from Hebrew and Old Greek.. Also Ana is Finnish equivalent of Ananias. Also Ana is Finnish equivalent of Anianus. It is celebrated on July 26th.
Is Ana suitable to use as a baby name?
Ana is a beautiful and unique baby girl name, suitable for parents with Spanish heritage. It has a special meaning - favored grace - and can provide a meaningful connection to your cultural roots.
It is also a timeless name, as it has been used since the middle ages. Ana also has many nicknames, such as Annie and Ana-Marie, which can be used as short forms of the name if desired.
Furthermore, its whimsical and melodic sound adds to its appeal. Its use in literature, film, and song further adds to its popularity. All things considered, Ana is an excellent choice for those looking for a meaningful baby girl name with Spanish origins.
How do I pronounce Ana?
The two syllabled name Ana is pronounced, ah-nah. Some people pronounce it as ahn-nah or a-na.
Variants of Ana
Nicknames for Ana
The baby name Ana is already a short name but there are some nicknames to go along with it:Names that rhyme with Ana
How popular is the name Ana?
Ana was a popular name in United States. Over 102330 babies have been given the first name in 184 years. When at its peak in 1991, it ranked 119th when 2649 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 184 years but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names an amazing 67 times Also, Ana was a popular name in Spain.
Over 35257 babies have been named Ana since 2003. At the peak of its usage in 2003, it ranked 10th when 3157 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 16 years but still performing better than most of the names.
In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times
A common name in England and Wales having over 2311 recievers in 23 years of usage.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 288th spot and 167 baby girls were given the name. Also, Ana is common in France where over 8987 new-borns have been given the name since 1966.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 125th spot and 482 baby girls were given the name.
However things change on global perspective, Ana is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 60 have the name as well as in, Mexico, Colombia, Mozambique, Argentina, Venezuela, Portugal, Angola, El Salvador, Chile, Peru, Guatemala, Ecuador, Romania, India, Philippines, Dominican Republic, Indonesia and Costa Rica.
Also the baby name is popular in Honduras, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Croatia, Egypt, Uruguay, Moldova, Paraguay, Serbia, East Timor, Guinea-Bissau, Cuba, Panama, Georgia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Puerto Rico, DR Congo, Canada, England, Equatorial Guinea, Bulgaria, Germany, Lithuania, Libya, Cape Verde, Ethiopia, Poland, Tanzania, Switzerland, Nigeria, Nepal, Sudan, Comoros, Italy and Pakistan.
As per our estimate, over 11910000 people has been named Ana globally.
Ana in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Ana
There isn't a person you can't charm. You are a seducer who doesn't care about true love but deep inside, you die to find someone who will teach you what true love looks like. People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals. You have a sharp mind and focus.
Other names similar to Ana
- Nella - Used primarily in Finnish, Norwegian and English long standing and popular, Nella is originated from Old Greek and Latin, Nella means "Light, Torch or Petronella" is used typically as a baby girl name . Loved name Nella bagged 463rd position in baby girl names list in 1884 in United States
- Odell - Customary and Ever lasting unisex name Odell means "Place Name, Rich or Wealth or Fight". It is rooted from German and Old English is majorly used in English
- Leone means Lion or The Lion used for both sexes has its origin in Latin is used mostly in Finnish, Italian and Danish
- Moses - Moses's meaning is Saviour or Son of the Nile is a gender insensitive name, substantially used in Swedish, Old Norse and English is of English, Egyptian and German origin
- Laurel - Prevailing and Ceaseless Laurel has its origin in Latin is dominantly used in English, Laurel means "Crowned with Laurel, Laurel Tree or Bay Plant" is used as a gender-neutral name
Middle names for Ana
These are some of the endearing and familiar options for Ana middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Ana.
Sibling Names for Ana
Looking for the perfect sibling names to pair with your baby girl named Ana? Look no further than this list of beautiful and unique names that are sure to complement and enhance the name Ana. From classic to modern, there's a name here for every family's style and personality.
Names for Ana's sister
- Juan Carlos
Names for Ana's brother
Famous people named Ana
- Ana Blandiana, Romanian poet, essayist, and political figure
- Ana María Martínez, Puerto Rican soprano
- Ana María, the second
- Ana Frohmiller, leading female politician in Arizona
- Ana María Stekelman, founder of the Tangokinesis dance troupe
- Ana Cumpănaș, Austro-Hungarian-born Romanian prostitute and brothel owner
- Ana Teresa Aranda, Mexican politician affiliated with the National Action Party
- Ana Cristina Cesar, poet and translator from Rio de Janeiro
- Ana Vilma de Escobar, Salvadorean female politician
- Ana de Mendonça, maid of the Queen regnant of Castile
- Ana Mirjana Račanović-Jevtić, Bosnian singer
- Ana María Alvarado, Mexican journalist
- Ana Rodríguez,
- Ana María Campoy, Argentine actress of Colombian origin
- Ana Pessoa Pinto, is prosecutor general of East Timor and former Minister for State and Internal Administration during the Alkatiri-lead Fretilin government
- Ana de Castro, Spanish immigrant to Peru
- Ana Merino, Spanish poet
- Ana Lydia Vega, Puerto Rican writer
- Ana Paula Ribeiro Tavares, Angolan poet
- Ana Urkijo,
- Ana Isabel Alonso, former long-distance runner from Spain,
- Ana Arneodo, Argentine actress of the 1940s and 1950s
- Ana Monteagudo Ponce de Leon, Peruvian Roman Catholic professed religious
- Ana Maria Narti, Swedish writer and politician
- Ana Gloria Moya, Argentine novelist
- Ana Lúcia Souza, Brazilian naturalized American artist
- Ana Grepo, Croatian businesswoman and former model from Split
- Ana Sasso, is Croatian former beauty pageant contestant and model
- Ana Enriqueta Terán, She was one of the best-known Venezuelan poets
- Ana de Velasco y Girón, Spanish noblewoman and mother of John IV of Portugal
- Ana Nuño, poet and writer
- Ana Titlić, former Yugoslav/Croatian handball player
- Ana Albertina Delgado Álvarez, Cuban artist
- Ana Auther, American actress most notably recognized
- Ana Maria Groza, female race walker from Romania
- Ana Carlota de Mendoça Rolim de Moura Barreto,
- Ana Eduarda Santos, Portuguese writer
- Ana Aslan, Romanian biologist and physician
- Ana María Cetto, Mexican physicist
- Ana María Polo, Cuban-American lawyer and Hispanic television arbitrator on 'Caso Cerrado'
- Ana María O'Neill, educator, author and advocate of women's rights
- Ana Guevara, now-retired Mexican track and field athlete
- Ana Gasteyer, American actress best
- Ana Gabriel, Mexican singer and songwriter
- Ana Alicia, Mexican-American actress
- Ana G. Méndez, educator
- Ana Pauker, Romanian communist leader and served as the country's foreign minister
- Ana Mendieta, Cuban American performance artist, sculptor
- Ana Matronic, American singer
- Ana Torroja, Spanish singer
- Ana Marie Cox, American author, blogger, political columnist
- Ana Voog, musician, visual artist
Lists having Ana
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ana
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2007)
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Favour
- Baby Names that mean Resurrection
- Baby Names that mean Favoured
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Clever
- Baby Names that mean Full
- Baby Names that mean Pride
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Mercy